I donated blood today. It went well

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worthless_loser

Reaction score
I gave blood to the Red Cross.
I was scared of going because of Coronavirus, but I thought I should go because of Coronavirus.
I got a face shield to go with my mask though, so I didn't worry as much.

I was nervous though because I don't like needles.
I get itchy when I get nervous but thankfully, it didn't start up while I was getting stuck and bled.

The nurse was nice.
I tried making a joke, but I don't know if she thought it was funny or it made her uncomfortable.
She kept remarking about me having big veins(for the needle) and I said thank you you're the first person to compliment me on my veins.
I forgot her response it was either "thanks" or "okay".
She sounded uncomfortable, but I hope I didn't make her feel that way.

I didn't eat or drink anything afterward, (someone told me I didn't have to) because I was scared of Coronavirus from eating and touching things with my fingers.
I just waited about 10 minutes and left.
I felt fine though, and I wasn't driving anyway.

I ate more food than usual when I got home, to replace the iron.

That was my positive experience.

That was very kind and thoughtful of you.
So whose blood did you donate and did they have it coming?

Good job on donating blood! I used to be a regular donor for many years. But, then they kept trying to get my driver's license entered, along with my picture, into their database. I said no way to that. Nobody gets my private information entered into there database waiting to be hacked. So, they made it point to ask to see my driver's license at least ten times each time I donated as a punishment. Then they would say, "see, if you let us scan your driver's license you wouldn't have to be asked so many times to show it to us." So, I only did it once a year after that. Now with the corona virus there's no way in hell I'm going to donate. Besides, if I go to the hospital and need blood they aren't going to give me a free pint. Instead they'll charge me about $500 - $3,000 for it. Everybody should be paid for their blood. Inflation has gone up. So, should should the amount they don't give you when you donate blood.

Oh, BTW, I hope you gave them a bogus phone number. If you give them your real one they will hound the crap out of you.

I donated blood too - a vampire came in through my window in the middle of the night - good to know some undead bloodsucker has had a good meal. :)

It's a good thing, I wonder what made you decide to do it. How much did they take?

Stuff like that makes me squeamish, I can't stand the thought of it for some reason. And tomorrow I have to go for a blood test and I don't even like the thought of that, lol.

9006 said:
It's a good thing, I wonder what made you decide to do it. How much did they take?

Stuff like that makes me squeamish, I can't stand the thought of it for some reason. And tomorrow I have to go for a blood test and I don't even like the thought of that, lol.
They took a pint, I think.

I hated it.
I hate needles, being out during the plague, and all that stuff.
I just wanted to do something to help out.
So I can say I did at least a little bit.

When they stick me, I usually look to the opposite side and concentrate on something, like the clock or something.
Or I try to name all the different stuff I can see, like boxes, windows, etc.
I don't know if that would help you, but maybe it would make the process less terrible.
I mean for your blood test.

Latest posts

Back