Covid-19 Vaccine - Sharing Formulas

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The US Government gave the following for vaccine research with options to purchase vaccines as they become available:

$1.2 billion to AstraZeneca
$456 million to Johnson & Johnson
$430 million to Moderna
$60 million to Novavax
$38 million to Merck
$30 million to Sanofi

However, Pfizer and BioNTech refused development money. Instead they announced a $1.95 billion deal with the federal government for pre-purchase of 100 million doses of their experimental vaccine candidate. This is a better deal because it works out to $19.50 per dose final costs less transportation. BTW, the us population is 330,618,562. The world population is 7,701,203,860.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/22/health/us-coronavirus-vaccine-funding/index.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ion-doses-pfizer-covid-19-vaccine/5489964002/

If this pandemic is a real world crisis shouldn't the US pay for all development costs for US drug manufacturers? Also shouldn't the different manufacturers share information with each other world wide for the greater good of mankind? Then when a vaccine proves successful and non-harmful shouldn't the formula be shared with the world so everybody can quickly be vaccinated? Different countries can use their own drug manufacturers to create their own vaccines using the supplied formula if they so choose. It would vaccinate the world much faster while using less resources.

The those that believe: Is God testing us all to see how we behave and work together when there is a world wide crisis? How are we doing?

Big Pharma are greedy bastards, the US government are cheap, greedy bastards.

It's probably a given that anyone who wants that vaccine is probably going to be paying out the ass for it. Much more than what they wanted for the first 100 million doses. The problem is, no one was sure if a vaccine was even possible, so every single drug company in the world is essentially racing to get it done first, so they get the most money and the prestige of "haha, I beat you."

As for your God question, who knows. Maybe it's time to weed out the population. Maybe God got sick of the selfishness. Maybe God doesn't care. maybe maybe maybe. Doesn't really matter though. It is what it is and you can choose to help the situation or make it worse.

Finished said:
The US Government gave the following for vaccine research with options to purchase vaccines as they become available:

$1.2 billion to AstraZeneca
$456 million to Johnson & Johnson
$430 million to Moderna
$60 million to Novavax
$38 million to Merck
$30 million to Sanofi

However, Pfizer and BioNTech refused development money. Instead they announced a $1.95 billion deal with the federal government for pre-purchase of 100 million doses of their experimental vaccine candidate. This is a better deal because it works out to $19.50 per dose final costs less transportation. BTW, the us population is 330,618,562. The world population is 7,701,203,860.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/22/health/us-coronavirus-vaccine-funding/index.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ion-doses-pfizer-covid-19-vaccine/5489964002/

If this pandemic is a real world crisis shouldn't the US pay for all development costs for US drug manufacturers? Also shouldn't the different manufacturers share information with each other world wide for the greater good of mankind? Then when a vaccine proves successful and non-harmful shouldn't the formula be shared with the world so everybody can quickly be vaccinated? Different countries can use their own drug manufacturers to create their own vaccines using the supplied formula if they so choose. It would vaccinate the world much faster while using less resources.

The those that believe: Is God testing us all to see how we behave and work together when there is a world wide crisis? How are we doing?

TheRealCallie said:
It's probably a given that anyone who wants that vaccine is probably going to be paying out the ass for it.  Much more than what they wanted for the first 100 million doses. 

Well, the first couple rounds of doses will be free for ALL Americans who fit into certain categories, and ....., and ..... Then the batches after that will be expensive. So, the trick will be to pretend to be a front line worker to get ahead in the line, if one wants to get the vaccine. All of a sudden we'll see four times the number of front line workers then there actually are.

TheRealCallie said:
The problem is, no one was sure if a vaccine was even possible, so every single drug company in the world is essentially racing to get it done first, so they get the most money and the prestige of "haha, I beat you." 

Right. But, the US is much better equipped then most other countries. Everybody will end up saying their version is the best no matter what. Trump will even say the version he was pushing for is the best that has ever been produced even before the Big Bang occurred ever in the entire Universe, ever. Ha! ha! The US should share everything about Covid-19 to show we are above all of that even though we really aren't. It's the Facade that we are best at, even amongst ourselves.

TheRealCallie said:
As for your God question, who knows.  Maybe it's time to weed out the population.  Maybe God got sick of the selfishness.  Maybe God doesn't care.  maybe maybe maybe.  Doesn't really matter though.  It is what it is and you can choose to help the situation or make it worse.

I think all the world's gods are betting each other on what will happen when they introduce another crisis and laughing at the ants that we really are.

iu

Actually, AstraZeneca, Sanofi and BioNTech are not American companies. They are British/Sweden, French and German, respectively.

I mean sure, Moderna claims to have the highest protection percentage, but it has to be stored at a million degrees below zero, so we'll see if that's actually feasible.

That's weird. In my country the vaccines will be for free. And also I don't understand to have to pay for this, as this is a problem of public health and is a way to fully control the pandemic.

Everyone working on a vaccine should share information with everyone else and it should be distributed freely to everyone, highest risk first then down the line. It should not be used for profit, this is a global pandemic that too many people have died from for big corp and government to be greedy.

In the US when a crisis appears, the first thing people seem to think about is how they can profit off of it.

Same old, same old, I guess.

Smells fishy. Again I did not make another covid thread just bumped it lol.

The those that believe: Is God testing us all to see how we behave and work together when there is a world wide crisis? How are we doing?
I'll answer the only part of the question that needs answering and doesn't require an MBA in Finances or the equivalent;nothing.
He's doing jack. Testing jack.
Or, if you want to take a more positive approach to it, he IS doing something; he's killing old people and poor people. By the thousands.
How we doing? Better than some places, worse than others, despite his interference, or lack therof.

Everyone working on a vaccine should share information with everyone else and it should be distributed freely to everyone, highest risk first then down the line. It should not be used for profit, this is a global pandemic that too many people have died from for big corp and government to be greedy.

..that smells like a Commie coming to destroy life as we know it!! Are you a Commie? 😈

Latest posts

Back