ghosted

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gloomyknight

Reaction score
i met this guy at work, he was one of my customers but instead of a customer who's overbearing and flirty, he was just a nice regular. i had to quit eventually after a year, it was just customer service and the constant sexual harassment from both my boss and customers wasn't worth it. when  i told this guy i put in my two weeks, he asked if we could keep in touch! we exchanged information and we talked back and forth for a while, even without a relationship aspect i was happy if we were just friends.

my birthday came, and he wished me happy birthday, said he had a gift for me, and ghosted me. :( i combed through my messages to see if i was overbearing or weird, but we both had the same energy and bounced off each other really well. i tell myself i'm unbothered and that it wasn't meant to happen but the fact that no warning came kinda stings still, and i'm hoping he might pop back up eventually.

I am sorry. It's what people are doing during dating now. They ghost instead of tell you outright why they don't want to date you. Please don't take it personal. It happens to many. It's even worse if it happens after a long term dating relationship. It's a sign of the times. Just recognize this happens in the dating culture now. Be good to yourself.

What a shame :(. As Myra has asked, have you kept sending him messages and he ignored you?

TheRealCallie said:
There's not really much detail here.  How long of a time span is this?

well, we started talking for a little more than a year in person, about a month over texts. i think we kept the same energy on both platforms.

kelsier said:
What a shame :(. As Myra has asked, have you kept sending him messages and he ignored you?

i texted him a few times over the course of a few days to ask if he was okay, but got nothing in return :( i gave up after that, i didn't want to seem forceful

HappyYogi said:
I am sorry.  It's what people are doing during dating now.  They ghost instead of tell you outright why they don't want to date you.  Please don't take it personal. It happens to many.  It's even worse if it happens after a long term dating relationship. It's a sign of the times.  Just recognize this happens in the dating culture now.  Be good to yourself.

thank you ^^ i'm very rarely in the dating scene so it came as kind of a surprise

Well whatever the reason, it's not polite. There's nothing wrong with you feeling offended, if there was something wrong he should just have said so.

Latest posts

Back