Glad I found this forum

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SleepySoul

Reaction score
Hi all, I am just a lonely person in her mid 40s. I feel like I just want to sleep sometimes because, well I am tired, lonely, and having moved to a rather remote part of Michigan just in time for the pandemic, I haven't been able to find new friends. I have some good long term friends but they are all far away and busy with families and actual lives, lol. Sorry to be such a Debbie downer but I guess I found this place for a reason!

Welcome to the forums :)

SleepySoul said:
Hi all, I am just a lonely person in her mid 40s. I feel like I just want to sleep sometimes because, well I am tired, lonely, and having moved to a rather remote part of Michigan just in time for the pandemic, I haven't been able to find new friends. I have some good long term friends but they are all far away and busy with families and actual lives, lol. Sorry to be such a Debbie downer but I guess I found this place for a reason!
Sorry your feeling lonely.  This year has been so hard.  You mention friends, be sure to reach out to them to keep in touch.  Maybe text first to set up a good time to talk.  That shows you respect their time but conveys your need to stay connected.  Also, there may be some groups on Facebook you could join.  Think about hobbies you enjoy, activities such as movies, plays, concerts, etc then search for groups.  It's not as personal but can help you feel connected.  Hang in there. Prayers for peace and connections.

I've not found this place great for making friends so far. I have met one person whom I've formed a connection with, but most people I've messaged haven't responded. Nevertheless, I hope you find what you're looking for here.

Latest posts

Back