What is your greatest fear?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

alexandra93

My greatest fear is being alone forever.. That thought keeps me awake at night, terrifying me. 
What are your greatest fears?

One of them is what you say, being alone. Another one is to have a serious illness.

I fear one thing above all and it's that a cockroach sneaks in my mouth when I'm sleeping. Absolute disgust.

Lacrecia said:
I fear one thing above all and it's that a cockroach sneaks in my mouth when I'm sleeping. Absolute disgust.

Do you know someone who suffered this? Because is quite difficult to happen xD

kelsier said:
Lacrecia said:

Do you know someone who suffered this? Because is quite difficult to happen xD

It is a fear! Doesn't need to be rational.

Lacrecia said:

Oh... That would be completely terrifying indeed...  :(

kelsier said:
One of them is what you say, being alone. Another one is to have a serious illness.

How do you think people should go about their fears? How does one fight his/her fears?

I will be forced to become a Walmart greeter. Ha! ha!

iu

Finished said:
I will be forced to become a Walmart greeter. Ha! ha!

iu

They got rid of the greeters at most stores.  However, they now have "Health ambassadors" who get to make sure everyone is wearing a mask when they enter the store.  They have special vests and everything. :p

I'm not sure it's my greatest fear; but, I'm quite bothered by the fact that, it seems I will cease to exist after I die. All the knowledge and all the experiences I have had, all my views, all of my opinions, all of my truths, will die a fate worse than an important book burned. While working at goodwill for a while, every so often, some one who had died would have relatives or friends come in and donate all their stuff. I tried to handle these objects with as much care as I could. You could tell some of the stuff was quite precious, some of it precious in that way you know only one person could have thought it worth holding on to for all those years; if that makes sense.

One day, when I die, all that was precious to me, will become ashes, or worse, will be poured over with concrete and marked, 'radio active, stay the fresia away.' I suppose it's a selfish thought, and, a clinging to the self. However, I'd wish I could have passed on my knowledge to some one, at some point, who would cherish it and hold it dearly the way I have had the opportunity the cherish such things. The sentiments of certain films, books, musical works, along with all the writers, brilliant minds, directors, musicians who were able to create them.

Maybe I'm also afraid I will die, never having truly done in this life, the one singular thing I wanted to do, which, only exists as this vague idea of something I haven't done yet.

I don't care if people miss me when I'm gone, if I'm that lucky to have anyone to miss me. I want some one to have TRULY KNOWN ME, before I die; and to be able to recognize when that REAL ME is gone.

It would be as if you traveled to a deep deep depth of the ocean and found a prized perl; but, never in your life did you get to share it with anyone, or give it to anyone, and after all that daring discovery, searching, and seeking, you just die, and that pearl accidentally ends up in the trash or down the sink...

I don't know if that's a fear though; I suppose at times it is. I think I just wish that that wasn't so..

TropicalStarfish said:
I'm not sure it's my greatest fear; but, I'm quite bothered by the fact that, it seems I will cease to exist after I die.  All the knowledge and all the experiences I have had, all my views, all of my opinions, all of my truths, will die a fate worse than an important book burned.  While working at goodwill for a while, every so often, some one who had died would have relatives or friends come in and donate all their stuff.  I tried to handle these objects with as much care as I could.  You could tell some of the stuff was quite precious, some of it precious in that way you know only one person could have thought it worth holding on to for all those years; if that makes sense.

One day, when I die, all that was precious to me, will become ashes, or worse, will be poured over with concrete and marked, 'radio active, stay the fresia away.'  I suppose it's a selfish thought, and, a clinging to the self.  However, I'd wish I could have passed on my knowledge to some one, at some point, who would cherish it and hold it dearly the way I have had the opportunity the cherish such things.  The sentiments of certain films, books, musical works, along with all the writers, brilliant minds, directors, musicians who were able to create them.

Maybe I'm also afraid I will die, never having truly done in this life, the one singular thing I wanted to do, which, only exists as this vague idea of something I haven't done yet.

I don't care if people miss me when I'm gone, if I'm that lucky to have anyone to miss me.  I want some one to have TRULY KNOWN ME, before I die; and to be able to recognize when that REAL ME is gone.

It would be as if you traveled to a deep deep depth of the ocean and found a prized perl; but, never in your life did you get to share it with anyone, or give it to anyone, and after all that daring discovery, searching, and seeking, you just die, and that pearl accidentally ends up in the trash or down the sink...

I don't know if that's a fear though; I suppose at times it is.  I think I just wish that that wasn't so..
Tropical Starfish I hope you don't mind me saying and you probably think what the hell is he on about,he just hasn't got the gist of what I'm saying.But I bet I'm right that along with me who finds your posts really interesting  and informative and sometimes I have to reread them and understand them because I want to hundreds on All do too. :) It's a pity they don't have blogs on here,I know they have the diaries but it's just not the same,because I plus many I'm sure would really like to read yours.

If your talking about a close friend I know completely what your saying here because I don't really have one too.Family yea but I think they don't really take in what I'm saying because except for my oldest boy who runs off to people like motivators on YouTube anyway for the opinions he wants, I think most of it goes over their heads anyway.Because believe it or not I do have some pearls of wisdom but I just integrate them with jokes because I know they will not listen otherwise because they tend to talk over me or say....Just stop lecturing/nagging but I'm just used to it now so who cares anyway. 

I don't think I fear death being older then you at 52 because most of my family pop off with heart conditions many through heart attacks not cancers that you spend time dying with knowing what is the only thing next on the horizon .My mother in law believes totally in the afterlife which makes her like me an annoyingly  positive person .She keeps seeing messages from my father in law who died years ago which concretes her opinions and used to go to a group that was run by a lecturer who lectured in the idea that there is an afterlife and the positive aspects of it so she believes it too.

Also how about writing a book and releasing it on the internet, tell us if you do because I'm sure we'll all be reading it ,well I would if that's any consolation me representing  :p  the less intelligent on here as I'm sure everyone knows  by now :D .Keep writing on here I especially enjoyed your encounter with the fox that looked like he was gonna eat you :D

I tell a lie I have thought of one that listens,my big sister who most of the time tells me off and pummels me with her advice lol so I just programme my mind to say stuff which I think she we'll listen too because she is such a moody fcuker sometimes anyway :club:

^ There are very few special people worth remembering in the world. I took care of my all my grandparent's and father's belongings when they died. Most of their special things were basically junk and ended up in the trash. I did, however, take pictures of most of it to help remember them later on. I think pictures are more valuable because they don't take up any space and can easily be viewed at any time. Just make sure to put them on media that is EMF proof for when the honeysuckle hits the fan.

Just Games said:
TropicalStarfish said:
I'm not sure it's my greatest fear; but, I'm quite bothered by the fact that, it seems I will cease to exist after I die.  All the knowledge and all the experiences I have had, all my views, all of my opinions, all of my truths, will die a fate worse than an important book burned.  While working at goodwill for a while, every so often, some one who had died would have relatives or friends come in and donate all their stuff.  I tried to handle these objects with as much care as I could.  You could tell some of the stuff was quite precious, some of it precious in that way you know only one person could have thought it worth holding on to for all those years; if that makes sense.

One day, when I die, all that was precious to me, will become ashes, or worse, will be poured over with concrete and marked, 'radio active, stay the fresia away.'  I suppose it's a selfish thought, and, a clinging to the self.  However, I'd wish I could have passed on my knowledge to some one, at some point, who would cherish it and hold it dearly the way I have had the opportunity the cherish such things.  The sentiments of certain films, books, musical works, along with all the writers, brilliant minds, directors, musicians who were able to create them.

I don't care if people miss me when I'm gone, if I'm that lucky to have anyone to miss me.  I want some one to have TRULY KNOWN ME, before I die; and to be able to recognize when that REAL ME is gone.

I don't know if that's a fear though; I suppose at times it is.  I think I just wish that that wasn't so..
Tropical Starfish I hope you don't mind me saying and you probably think what the hell is he on about,he just hasn't got the gist of what I'm saying.But I bet I'm right that along with me who finds your posts really interesting  and informative and sometimes I have to reread them and understand them because I want to hundreds on All do too. :) It's a pity they don't have blogs on here,I know they have the diaries but it's just not the same,because I plus many I'm sure would really like to read yours.

If your talking about a close friend I know completely what your saying here because I don't really have one too.Family yea but I think they don't really take in what I'm saying because except for my oldest boy who runs off to people like motivators on YouTube anyway for the opinions he wants, I think most of it goes over their heads anyway.Because believe it or not I do have some pearls of wisdom but I just integrate them with jokes because I know they will not listen otherwise because they tend to talk over me or say....Just stop lecturing/nagging but I'm just used to it now so who cares anyway. 

I don't think I fear death being older then you at 52 because most of my family pop off with heart conditions many through heart attacks not cancers that you spend time dying with knowing what is the only thing next on the horizon .My mother in law believes totally in the afterlife which makes her like me an annoyingly  positive person .She keeps seeing messages from my father in law who died years ago which concretes her opinions and used to go to a group that was run by a lecturer who lectured in the idea that there is an afterlife and the positive aspects of it so she believes it too.

Also how about writing a book and releasing it on the internet, tell us if you do because I'm sure we'll all be reading it ,well I would if that's any consolation me representing  :p  the less intelligent on here as I'm sure everyone knows  by now :D .Keep writing on here I especially enjoyed your encounter with the fox that looked like he was gonna eat you :D

I tell a lie I have thought of one that listens,my big sister who most of the time tells me off and pummels me with her advice lol so I just programme my mind to say stuff which I think she we'll listen too because she is such a moody fcuker sometimes anyway :club:

Thnx for the kind words.  It's nice to hear you've enjoyed some of my.. words.  heh.  If I ever did do a book, I'll be sure to announce it on the forum.  :p  :)

Hazed said:
Being targeted by the supernatural.

That's why devil/demon movies freak me out more than other monsters or other types of horror movies. Because you don't know the limits of their powers and capabilities and ways to get at you. They're not of this world, so you don't know what you can do to protect against it. And the fact that it's not a predator, or an enemy force. It's just pure evil.

AmyTheTemperamental said:
******* up.

Same. Either ******* up and ruining my chances permanently, lowering the ceiling of my quality of life and I could have prevented it if I just did the right thing, came up with the right answer. Or not being able to do anything except fresia up, suck/lose/fail due to a built-in limit, a lack of natural ability/talent.

Living with chronic pain forever

Never finding a decent ******* doctor

Being homeless

Latest posts

Back