I'm on a run now

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just Games

Reaction score
Hope I'm not clogging up the forum with my threads everyone should do it, its fun :D

I was wondering what sort of partners do you tend to go for ,are they very different from each other or similar in looks and personality?

Also do you tend to go for partners that are from the same mould as your mother and father,very much like them or do you go for the complete opposite and why do you think that is?My first two relationships were totally unlike my mother and didn't last more than a year, but my present,well I've married my mother lol.

Hmmm. . . Am I married to a man who could pass for my dad? That would be a hard 'no'. ;)

Are there similarities between the two? Sure - they're both compassionate, thoughtful people, a little crazy (but in different ways), they both make me smile. . . But then so do lots of other people. I wouldn't say that my romantic partners are anything like my dad, but nor are they the complete opposite either.

As to what kinds of partners I generally go for - totally depends on the person. It's personality that's crucial for me, not looks. Bottom line - someone who's kind and compassionate, nice to animals, good sense of shared humour, intelligent and most of all makes me laugh as life is too **** serious not to be able to share some happy vibes along the journey. :)

ringwood said:
Hmmm. . . Am I married to a man who could pass for my dad? That would be a hard 'no'. ;)

Are there similarities between the two? Sure - they're both compassionate, thoughtful people, a little crazy (but in different ways), they both make me smile. . . But then so do lots of other people. I wouldn't say that my romantic partners are anything like my dad, but nor are they the complete opposite either.

As to what kinds of partners I generally go for - totally depends on the person. It's personality that's crucial for me, not looks. Bottom line - someone who's kind and compassionate, nice to animals, good sense of shared humour, intelligent and most of all makes me laugh as life is too **** serious not to be able to share some happy vibes along the journey. :)
That's nice:) vegan?

SlimShady said:
ringwood said:

That's nice:) vegan?

Nope. Carnivorous as they come. Jaded? 😊

Just Games said:
Hope I'm not clogging up the forum with my threads everyone should do it, its fun :D

No way! Keep posting!

I tried to find someone similar to me and failed. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to be very choosy though. What I had to do instead was try to find someone that was honest, trust worthy, not obese and found me to be adequate. Ahhhh, the makings of true love. Ha! Ha! Other then being seemingly nice, the women I was with were quite different from my parents and myself. Well, one was very bitchy like me mom was, which was fun sometimes, and draining other times.

Finished said:
Just Games said:

No way! Keep posting!

I tried to find someone similar to me and failed. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to be very choosy though. What I had to do instead was try to find someone that was honest, trust worthy, not obese and found me to be adequate. Ahhhh, the makings of true love. Ha! Ha! Other then being seemingly nice, the women I was with were quite different from my parents and myself. Well, one was very bitchy like me mom was, which was fun sometimes, and draining other times.
Finished even obese women, whatever their size,see below, have hearts mate and can be honest and have the qualities your after.

Like I was on Mumsnet, as you do :) and this lady came on with pictures of herself and she wanted the point of view of the others as to whether she was fat.Like loads came on and said things like you look lovely ,nothing to worry about not fat atall,wish they had a figure like hers.But quite a few said she was obese ,she was a size 14 ,WTF.There are also these models size 16 and above and they are gorgeous.

C'mon mate imagine waking up cuddling a nice warm big booty,what's not to like :).On dangerous ground here get back to work :club:

Just Games said:
Finished even obese women, whatever their size,see below, have hearts mate and can be honest and have the qualities your after.

From my experience in interacting with over weight and obese women, they typically have a high percentage of being nice, honest, and open to friendship or more. It's because they were not spoiled by getting lots of attention from lots of guys. Doors didn't swing open for them. They struggled to get where they are. That is something to appreciate.

One extremely obese woman, 350+ pounds, that I worked was very nice and quite intelligent. I liked her and we often spoke about all kinds of stuff. She had several qualities, including a very strong confidence, that I really admired and I told her so. It was difficult for her to move about. She easily could have gotten on welfare and lived off the government. But, her pride wouldn't allow that to happen. She wanted us to date and tried to make that happen. Ha! Ha!

But, my brain just doesn't like the look or touch of fat. I don't like it on myself or on others. It could stem from the brainwashing during the years of the stick models. Or all the talk, charts, and graphics showing that fat is unhealthy. I don't know. I've tried to change my brain into liking weighty women as it limits the few possibilities that are available to me. But, I never could. There are women with pretty faces in all shapes and sizes. But, I just can't get past fat being on their bodies much like many women can't get past the slimness of mine. Although the doctors seem to be happy with my body as they say just keep doing what your doing. Once, a few years ago, one even said I was the healthiest person that ever walked through their doors. So, my thinking can't be too far off.

Size 14 alone doesn't mean anything. It the structure of their bodies that determines whether their size is from height, bone, fat, and / or muscle. Also, size 14 can be size 8 to size 18 depending on what it's based on. Women's clothes sizes are all over the place too. I tried buying clothes for a past girlfriend and quickly got frustrated. I'm glad guy's waist sizes are their real waist size measurement. No need to try things on to see if they fit. We can just grab and go. BMI based on fat content is the only real measure of body fat percentage.

There are some explanations for why couples often look alike.

here they name 6 reasons

Sometimes when I look at couples I think there's something to it. I often find myself thinking they could be siblings. Not always of course.

Finished said:
Myra said:
There are some explanations for why couples often look alike.

here they name 6 reasons

Sometimes when I look at couples I think there's something to it. I often find myself thinking they could be siblings. Not always of course.

Ahhhhh. I guess that explains why I'm single. No woman wants to transform into looking like this:  :D

[img=550x305]https://external-content.duckduckgo...rew-00012912-super-tease.jpg&f=1&nofb=1[/img]
That's rare but at least you know what to look for :)

^ Well, I've seen a few close over the years. But, they were dead. I just can't get past the Necrophilia thing. It's just not a turn on for me unfortunately. Ha! Ha!

iu

Just Games said:
Also do you tend to go for partners that are from the same mould as your mother and father,very much like them or do you go for the complete opposite and why do you think that is?

I think my husband secretly wishes I would be more like his dear Mother.  Why?  She cooked better and always had dinner prepared  :)

I've never been in a relationship, so this thread is almost irrelevant to me, but I'll answer in a theoretical way. My looks preferences tend to be women with dark hair and brown eyes. Personality wise, I'd like someone with a similar sense of humour to mine (verges on the dry and mildly sarcastic) but warm, caring and accepting. At 33, I've pretty much given up though, in all honesty.

Myra said:
Forgottendanfan said:
Because something that was asked in this thread is whether the traits you go for in a partner resemble those of your parents.

Ah, OK. The concept of choosing a partner to resemble your parents seems odd to me, but who knows what we are wired to do, on a subconscious level?

Latest posts

Back