Moving alone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gh05t

Reaction score
I'm moving 100 miles away for a job in the next few weeks. I've never been there before, don't know anyone there at all. It's technically for work but in reality I want to get out of my current situation and just be free.

I moved here for a job, didn't know anyone, got laid off and pretty much got stranded out here. I don't want the same thing to happen again. Getting this job is the culmination of nearly 2 years of applying for jobs. It is possibly the hardest thing I've ever done.

It feels weird to be moving alone and I'm worried that I might fall apart for some reason. I don't know why, I've been living alone for long enough. I work out alone, diet alone, have solitary hobbies. I don't want to be alone forever. Sorry just wanted to talk.

Hopefully u won't be alone forever. Hope u can make friends there and find a significant other.😸😺🤗 Hopefully things go really well and u will become happy there.

Think positive! This new move might just be the right thing at the right time to set the foundation of a great future!

Instead of focusing on what could happen, focus on your new start. You get the chance to have a new beginning, do things differently. You probably know by now what doesn't work, so switch it up. Be more social, join clubs for those hobbies you have, go to church or volunteer or play a sport, anything that will get you out there around other people.

Gho5t, everyone above's giving wise encouragement that's worth absorbing.

I moved 6 times all around the country during my school/work life and found each event to be an exciting and adventurous, but worrysome affair as you're experiencing.  As the others say though, a move is an opportunity for a new start that we often need or gain from.

Most of what we fret over never happens, and few of the realized problems are permanent or life changing. In all cases though, the answer to worry is to trust God with our lives and the paths he puts us on.  I think it's rather coincidental that the last Bible verse I just memorized was one I find applicable for you today. (Philippinas 4: 6-7)

Do not be anxious about anything, 
but in every situation, by prayer and petition, 
with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding,
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  

Thanks all for the very kind replies.

TheRealCallie said:
Instead of focusing on what could happen, focus on your new start.  You get the chance to have a new beginning, do things differently.  You probably know by now what doesn't work, so switch it up.  Be more social, join clubs for those hobbies you have, go to church or volunteer or play a sport, anything that will get you out there around other people.
There's a lot to focus on. It would be good to join a few groups and meet some people.
If there's one thing that didn't work it was moving here. I should never have come here, though there was little choice at the time.

Sir Joseph said:
I moved 6 times all around the country during my school/work life and found each event to be an exciting and adventurous, but worrysome affair as you're experiencing.  As the others say though, a move is an opportunity for a new start that we often need or gain from.

Most of what we fret over never happens, and few of the realized problems are permanent or life changing. In all cases though, the answer to worry is to trust God with our lives and the paths he puts us on.  I think it's rather coincidental that the last Bible verse I just memorized was one I find applicable for you today. (Philippinas 4: 6-7)

Do not be anxious about anything, 
but in every situation, by prayer and petition, 
with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding,
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  

I definitely need a new start, but it is worrisome. It probably won't be as bad as being stuck in the middle of nowhere for years. This is about having more chances and choices in life. And although I'm not religious, your wisdom is appreciated.

It's daunting at first but you'll adjust to the new situation. You've done it before. :) You're not going to fall apart!

Latest posts

Back