The ALL Museum of Curiosity

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abstamyous

Reaction score
This one is pretty straight forward.

We are opening an ALL Museum of Curiosity (yes, copying the podcast)

All you have to do is bring an item (post a picture or video if you like), and explain why you feel it belongs in the Museum of Curiosity.

The first item that I bring forth to be placed in the Museum of Curiosity, is Long Live the Bull (1926). The clay animation in this short, as well as those inspired afterwards, is incredible. Definitely, an extraordinary piece of history.

[youtube]g8yOmFcmYu0[/youtube]

1926, does that make it the first?

I feel like aliens should be included in the Museum to honor Phaedron and all his good works.  
9153767970_c287effc20_h-1500x844.jpg

Early animation! Yes! The Museum of Curiosity should contain more. Here is an even earlier animation film by the fairly neglected early French animator Emile Cohl, who many claim as the "inventor" of cartoons - it's from 1908

[video=youtube]

Apparently, the first claymation was also from 1908, called "The Sculptor's Nightmare" (I can only post 1 video, but it's easy to find on YouTube).

Well, ok, why not save a search. The claymation doesn't come in for a bit.

[video=youtube]

I'm a nerd, so I'm all for this thread. :-D

I nominate the Antikythera Mechanism.
Because it's a mind-binding reality that a mechanical device of this complexity existed 1,950 years ago.

Campbell-Stokes sunshine recorder invented in the mid 1800.

MERVSLX_o.jpg

"You place a strip of card into one set of grooves in the piece that curves behind the
sphere, point the opposite side of the sphere toward the equator, and the sphere
will focus the sunlight to burn a track on the card. The card has hours marked, and
the more the card is burnt, the brighter the sunlight was.”

Latest posts

Back