Anyone Expect an Uproar at Biden's Inauguration?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a coworker that believes that we are in revelations of the bible right now and Biden is the antichrist. And she also believes that we are going to lose power and communications for 10 days after.

I think there is a far far far right group that will attempt something stupid, if they succeed or not, idk, the National Guard has been called out to major cities and this time they are actually going to do anything.

I think the majority of people just want this all to be over and to move on.

Well, I agree that we may be near the End Times, but I don't see Biden as the Antichrist. Many believed Trump is/was. I believe the world will have to be in even much greater tribulation than it is now before the Antichrist shows up with a message of hope and offers to be the one to make everything "Better".

TheRealCallie said:
I think people will try, but I know a lot of states are sending out the National Guard, so they might change their minds.

Yeah. The news likes to pump up the drama for ratings. I don't see much happening.

Nicolelt said:
I have a coworker that believes that we are in revelations of the bible right now and Biden is the antichrist. And she also believes that we are going to lose power and communications for 10 days after.

Wow, I know I've heard things like that before but I still can't believe some people believe such outlandish things. I feel like at that point, people just want to believe stuff, to fill some kind of void they're having, some lack of purpose, some vague fears that they need to pin on something.

Thankfully everyone around me is pretty lukewarm on all this. It must be hard to be around people who feel so extremely about it.

I think security is going to be much tighter this time, and police and the National Guard won't let things get as bad as on the 6th. I feel like there might be some marches, small groups, or individuals that might make a scene, but overall I don't think they'll try anything since the government will be much more prepared.

TheSkaFish said:
Nicolelt said:

Wow, I know I've heard things like that before but I still can't believe some people believe such outlandish things.  I feel like at that point, people just want to believe stuff, to fill some kind of void they're having, some lack of purpose, some vague fears that they need to pin on something.

I agree 100% with the void. I think the closings and not having life as normal has people grasping for something.

I'm confident nothing with happen. Well, mostly. Ha! Ha!

iu

I'm curious to see what will happen. I think after recent events the government will be more prepared this time. The governor has already called out the national guard in my state. Hopefully people will settle down and not do anything too stupid.

ewomack said:
I'm curious to see what will happen. I think after recent events the government will be more prepared this time. The governor has already called out the national guard in my state. Hopefully people will settle down and not do anything too stupid.

More prepared?  They knew days in advance that people were going to the Capitol.  They let them in the capitol even though they weren't doing tours due to COVID.  So yeah, I think maybe less moronic might be a better way of putting it.  lol

As it turns out, nothing happened. I guess we'll wait a month or two and see what happens.

I did see a picture of 1 guy protesting at the heavily fortified capitol building in Albany, New York.

Nicolelt said:

I think there is a far far far right group that will attempt something stupid, if they succeed or not, idk, the National Guard has been called out to major cities and this time they are actually going to do anything.

I think the majority of people just want this all to be over and to move on.

Well....we still have electricity....

I do find it interesting that the news is talking about how the pandemic is getting better, and it slowing down all the sudden....

^ I find it funny she said Biden, of all people, is the antichrist. Homeboy is only moderately liberal at the most. Not all that shocking of a guy, which was his main selling feature - back to normalcy. Not only that, but I think he is actually religious too.

Even Obama was not that far out there. Just a normal guy.

I don't know, I think Biden will probably be OK. Nothing too out of this world, but nothing too bad either.

Speaking of uproars, that "Qanon Shaman" guy really has some nerve. It's like, dude, you just broke the law, and took a flippant attitude towards it the whole time. And now you want organic food? Here's a thought, try, you know, NOT committing serious crimes. Also, try not giving your loyalty towards someone who wouldn't think twice about using you for his own ends, then throwing you under the bus.

Man...I want to punch him in right in his obnoxious face.

From an outsider's perspective it's tempting to see the Democrats in similar way to the Labour party or any other left of center parties in Europe, but there's almost nothing in common other than not being libertarian or far right. Biden, Pelosi, Clinton and co. are career politicians who do very little for the people they purport to represent, and going by body count alone (as a result of failed policy at home and abroad) Trump is far from the worst. He's a bad faith liar for sure, but he didn't start a civil war in Libya or ramp up drone attacks that kill tens of thousands. Two cents over with.

Career politicians are a big problem. There are only a hand full of politicians that control everything that goes on. They completely loose touch with reality and the average citizen. Nancy Pelosi needs to work in a fast food restaurant, wipe some old people's butts, drive a garbage truck, and do some retail work before she blows Trillions of dollars without any concern or knowledge of where the money goes, what it does, or what the long term effects will be. Why are we allowing her to act like a queen?

Latest posts

Back