Any Amazon Freaks in Your Family?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercury

Reaction score
My old lady is constantly ordering stuff off that site. Bezos should give her a special discount. Any more boxes keep showing up so frequently, they're going to think we're trafficking narcotics disguised in Amazon boxes.

thumb_dont-drink-and-prime-tag-someone-that-would-do-this-44608513.png

Mercury said:
Finished said:
Amazon sucks! I hate them.

Why?

Well, besides nearly requiring one to pay $120/year membership to shop there, their items are higher priced then at other sites for individuals. They also have special hidden deals that only high volume members get. Those members then sell those items, with a little market up, on Ebay. So, an Ebay bidder receives any item from Amazon instead of an Ebay seller. If there's a problem with the item it creates an even bigger hassle for the Ebay purchaser. Amazon sets up their pricing to entice people to buy more crap they don't need. People think they are getting a great deal from Amazon because they saved 20% of the "normal" Amazon price. When if fact the "real" Amazon price is much lower. 

And.......
https://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=41056&highlight=amazon

Finished said:
Mercury said:
Finished said:

Why?

Well, besides nearly requiring one to pay $120/year membership to shop there, their items are higher priced then at other sites for individuals. They also have special hidden deals that only high volume members get. Those members then sell those items, with a little market up, on Ebay. So, an Ebay bidder receives any item from Amazon instead of an Ebay seller. If there's a problem with the item it creates an even bigger hassle for the Ebay purchaser. Amazon sets up their pricing to entice people to buy more crap they don't need. People think they are getting a great deal from Amazon because they saved 20% of the "normal" Amazon price. When if fact the "real" Amazon price is much lower. 

And.......
https://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=41056&highlight=amazon

I order video games from them a lot and have never had any real issue. One time my old lady ordered a pair of pants that were the wrong size when they arrived. She contacted them and they told her to keep the pants, and they also credited the cost to her account. One thing I had to learn the hard way when ordering stuff is making sure to double check where the seller is from. Especially video games. I live in Canada and sometimes I see games with prices on them that are absolutely inflated beyond comprehension. What I came to realize is that many sellers are from the UK. This makes a big difference. lol

I have a love/hate relationship with Amazon. They piss me off, but I still order from there.

I almost boycotted them earlier this year when they were allowing Marketplace sellers to pre-sell PS5's at insanely marked-up prices (like 3-4x the cost of a new one), knowing full well how difficult it is to snag one. I also don't get their pricing. Case in point: I'm in the market for a new sewing machine. I've got my eye on a particular one, but I noticed that the price varies every day - sometimes multiple times a day. Over the past 3 weeks or so, it's gone from a high of about $380, down to a low of $304 and everything in between. I don't it - why the constant price discrepancy? And the product is straight from Amazon, it's not advertised by a Marketplace seller. Yes, I'm an Amazon Prime member, but that doesn't seem to make a difference. I've checked the site using an Incognito window, different devices, a friend's device, etc.

I don't know what country you're in, but here where I am, the prime membership is 36 euro per year. But tbh especially in bad times such as these, amazon has made it much easier for me to get some things I needed. Sure, the prices may be bloated for some items, but overall it's much much better than other similar websites. Imho

Mercury said:
Finished said:
Mercury said:
Finished said:

Why?

Well, besides nearly requiring one to pay $120/year membership to shop there. . .

An Amazon Prime membership is optional - it's not a requirement. And $120 seems steep? Here in Canada, the membership is $79/year.

ringwood said:
Mercury said:
Finished said:
Mercury said:
Finished said:

Why?

Well, besides nearly requiring one to pay $120/year membership to shop there. . .

An Amazon Prime membership is optional - it's not a requirement. And $120 seems steep? Here in Canada, the membership is $79/year.

Do you get the gaming, video and music along with the free shipping in Canada?

TheRealCallie said:
ringwood said:
Mercury said:
Finished said:
Mercury said:

Yep!

Well, clearly Bezos and his staff are doing something right. I believe Amazon is the most popular online shopping site on the web. I imagine especially with recluses. :D

ringwood said:
TheRealCallie said:
ringwood said:
Mercury said:
Finished said:

Yep!

Well wtf.....

Latest posts

Back