Funny stories from childhood

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I

iseestars

Ok so I was thinking I should ask everyone if they can remember a funny story from their childhood so we could all laugh together. :D 

I'll start first. 

When I was in kindergarten I fell on ice and a teacher wanted to help me but she fell too. And we weren't able to get up, our feet kept slipping on the ice so we crawled until we found a surface with less ice and we managed to get up then. And it made me laugh so hard then seeing the teacher crawl like a baby and laugh. Her laugh made me laugh even harder :D 

Now it's your turn! Let the stories begin..  :D

Ok, I know it's easier to tell sad stories. :D But will you please give it a try? Any story that made you laugh when you were kids. I'm still waiting. Don't worry, I'm patient. :) I just wanted to encourage you to write something here. I know some people here are sad these days. I'm sad too, believe me. But we have to make things better somehow , we can't be sad forever. Telling funny stories is a start. :) Sorry if I sound too annoying and sorry for intruding in your community with threads that are annoyingly optimistic. :D But I can't stand the slumber, I can't stand the sadness. I want to turn it into happiness, laughter. Not bitter laughter, but genuine laughter, relieving laughed. Give me a chance, you, dear, beautiful, people. I will not disappoint you. :) I will make you forget about your worries and your fears and your sadness for a while. And when you remember them again,  will make you forget once again, and again and again until your minds will completely forget what it's like to feel down. :)

When I was 3, I was watching my stepfather fix the dryer. He walked away for a few moments, and I picked up some tools and got the dryer door off of its hinges. He couldn't get it back on.

AmyTheTemperamental said:
When I was 3, I was watching my stepfather fix the dryer. He walked away for a few moments, and I picked up some tools and got the dryer door off of its hinges. He couldn't get it back on.

Yeeyyy!! The first story from you guys! I'm so happy! :) Thank you for sharing!  
That's so funny ! :D You got the door off at 3 years old? WOW! :D  
I know putting doors back on their hinges can be pretty tricky.. Did you do that because you knew he couldn't get the door back on?  :D I think only you knew the secret of putting the door back but you never let him know :D

I think I saw tools and thought I was fixing something haha
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]:D You fixed a world problem, t[/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]hought us[/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif] a great  lesson; "never leave your child unsupervised anywhere near the dryer door, you might find the door off hinges when you return" :D [/font]

Good! :D I will also have to remember this important lesson. My son will be 3 years old soon and you never know when he might start getting close to the dryer door with the intention of getting it off hinges :D

I used to think the laugh tracks on tv shows came from the people watching the television all around the world, so I would get really close to the television and laugh really loud to try and hear myself. It disturbed my parents. I don't know if they ever asked what I was doing.

ewomack said:
I used to think the laugh tracks on tv shows came from the people watching the television all around the world, so I would get really close to the television and laugh really loud to try and hear myself. It disturbed my parents. I don't know if they ever asked what I was doing.

Hahahahaha : D Wow... I can't stop laughing now... : D This really made my day  :D

Another funny story (and I apologize for hijacking this thread, but it's pretty sweet).

My younger sister and I used to like trying to explore ground hog holes. My sister was tiny enough to get most of her body in the hole. One time, she got stuck and all you could see were her little legs swinging in the air.

I thought my stepdad was so strong, because he could lift her out with one arm pulling up her leg.

Another funny story (and I apologize for hijacking this thread, but it's pretty sweet).

My younger sister and I used to like trying to explore ground hog holes. My sister was tiny enough to get most of her body in the hole. One time, she got stuck and all you could see were her little legs swinging in the air.

I thought my stepdad was so strong, because he could lift her out with one arm pulling up her leg.

You're not hijacking anything !!! : ) I'm so happy to read all of your stories and if a person posts more than one childhood story here, that's even better ! : ) 

And the story about your younger sister is sooo sweet and cute and funny! : ) I'm smiling from one ear to the other now while reading it again and again : )

I hope she didn't injured herself during that incident!

Oh and did you find any groundhogs in those holes?  : )

Yes my sister was okay haha.

Another funny story related to ground hogs... We had a dog that liked to kill them, bury them and then eat them when they started to rot. He pulled one out, covered in maggots and shook them all over my older sister.

Okay...it was funny to me and I am a little demented.

Another funny story related to ground hogs... We had a dog that liked to kill them, bury them and then eat them when they started to rot. He pulled one out, covered in maggots and shook them all over my older sister.

And the moral of the story is... never get close to a dog that holds a dead groundhog between his teeth : D

And I also have another story from childhood, it's about me again ( I don't have any sisters or brothers unfortunately ) : )
Ummmm... I was about 7 years old I guess and went on a camp with other children and teachers and I was having fun but at the same time I missed my parents. When the teachers started to sing a song and asked us all to sing along, I started to sing along but I was crying at the same time. One of the teachers asked me what's wrong and I said " I WANT HOME! " : D Looking back on that it just makes me laugh but laughing was the last thing on my mind back then : D

When I was around 6 years old I tried to milk a small cow statue outside of a restaurant.

When I was young I carried around keys to feel important since I saw my dad do that. One day I stuck a key into the outlet on the stove. The fuse blew real loud and I got shocked. I didn't much like keys after that. Ha! ha!

iseestars said:

And the moral of the story is... never get close to a dog that holds a dead groundhog between his teeth : D

And I also have another story from childhood, it's about me again ( I don't have any sisters or brothers unfortunately ) : )
Ummmm... I was about 7 years old I guess and went on a camp with other children and teachers and I was having fun but at the same time I missed my parents. When the teachers started to sing a song and asked us all to sing along, I started to sing along but I was crying at the same time. One of the teachers asked me what's wrong and I said " I WANT HOME! " : D Looking back on that it just makes me laugh but laughing was the last thing on my mind back then : D

Awww. I hope someone at least gave you the biggest hug. I would have.

Mercury said:
When I was around 6 years old I tried to milk a small cow statue outside of a restaurant.

hahahahahahahahaha :D :D

Finished said:
When I was young I carried around keys to feel important since I saw my dad do that. One day I stuck a key into the outlet on the stove. The fuse blew real loud and I got shocked. I didn't much like keys after that. Ha! ha!

I used to believe keys were of great importance as well. Can't say I put them in a socket. Ouch :(

iseestars said:

Awww. I hope someone at least gave you the biggest hug. I would have.

Thank youuu! : ) Actually no one gave me a hug there but mom hugged me as soon as I got home : )

Finished said:

Oh no! : D I hope you didn't get injured or anything!

When I was about six I remember dancing up and down a street with no cars surrounded by numerous kids singing,"Close your windows and your doors its flying ants day"until I swallowed one.I cant remember what happened after that .

^Haha ,yeah Finished I had a big bunch of keys hanging from my pink flared jeans(don't ask).But I didn't stick them anywhere not even in my door because the back door was always left unlocked :)

Latest posts

Back