Why isn’t there a like button for posts. Only report?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kristina

Reaction score
I want to be able to “like” some posts. Can you add please. Thanks

I think they had an issue with people abusing the rating system, so they took it out. (I don't know the details on that) You can still rate users, but I don't think you can change your rating later if you change your mind.

kaetic said:
I think they had an issue with people abusing the rating system, so they took it out. (I don't know the details on that) You can still rate users, but I don't think you can change your rating later if you change your mind.

I think you still can change your rep, you just have to remove your old rep and give them a new one. You can change your message then.

The only thing is, now you can't rep per post, now you can only rep the user once at a time.

AmyTheTemperamental said:
I think it encourages more discussion.

sure, if it's just rating the post.
I think before it added to user ratings, which basically amounts to a popularity contest on a forum about loneliness.

You can still type in Like or +1 (or whatever number) in a reply to the post you like... it's a bit more cumbersome than a button, but same general effect.

TheSkaFish said:
kaetic said:

I think you still can change your rep, you just have to remove your old rep and give them a new one.  You can change your message then.

The only thing is, now you can't rep per post, now you can only rep the user once at a time.

Oh... you can remove it... I've only tried once, I was in a mood. :D

^I was responding to the title of the post, which asked why we don't have one.

Yeah, in other places it's common to just quote and write +1 and I guess that would work just fine here too. The old reputation system didn't show you whether a post was liked anywhere but on a user's reputation page from what I remember, so it never really worked as a like button either.

Otherwise I'd certainly enjoy it if everyone took the time to write "My name is [your username here] and I approve of this message" under posts they like.

This is a forum; as in, 'a forum for discussion.' It's to my understanding, that if you, 'like,' what some one has said, you just respond and say you really liked what they had to say, and why. I think there is also a way to give some one a +1 positive reputation point for a specific post; but, oddly enough, I'm not sure how to do that.

kaetic said:

Correct. It was disabled/removed from the forum.

They have the same icons as FB at another forum I go to and I'm finding it annoying at times. I think it's best like someone said to just reply to the person and tell them you like what they had to say.

Latest posts

Back