Do You Look toward the Future with Jubilation or Dread?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercury

Reaction score
For purposes of this thread we'll the define the future as 20 years down the road. Not to sound pessimistic, but judging by the way things are going now in the world, I can't help but think that the future is going to be much worse.

I am eager to see what the future looks like. I'm not afraid of the future, to be honest. Stagnation is the only thing that scares me. Change is what makes me feel alive. So whatever the future will bring, I'm ready for it.

There's going to be a lot of good and a lot of bad. But I really look forward to living in general, these days.

personally, i have great dread of the future & deeply regret the past-the present is also quite miserable.

There are too many nasties on the horizon to feel too optimistic. Covid may be the start of a new trend rather than the end of a one-off pandemic. The Arctic is warming loads faster than anticipated, which has messed up the jet stream and thawed miles of permafrost containing oodles of methane, which could warm the planet even faster. Crops could start failing, a few places on the planet only have a few more degrees to go before hitting human wet bulb temperature tolerance. Drinkable water has already become scarcer in many parts of the world. When resources necessary for life become scarce, people tend to not show their best sides.

No, I can't say that things are exactly looking up.

Latest posts

Back