Comic in print...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewomack

Reaction score
I used to draw comics and post them on the web, but I burnt out on it a few years ago. Yet people still find them and use them in numerous ways. A media studies professor contacted me and wanted to use one in her upcoming book on media literacy. It took an entire year to appear. Though I don't have a physical copy of the book yet, my comic shows up on Amazon's preview on page 13 of the book. I've tried to attach a screenshot below. This is the second time a comic of mine has appeared in a printed book and it's nice that some people find a use for them, especially in educational contexts.

GetMilked_Media_Hobbs.png

Great news Ewomack, and well deserved. If it's an academic text then you could be in print for decades! Just goes to show everyone that they should carry on doing what they enjoy and who knows what fruits might come out of it. We all have our little hobbies and I'm sure we all wonder sometimes what we're doing it for, but it's just these little things that are important.

I used to draw comics and post them on the web, but I burnt out on it a few years ago. Yet people still find them and use them in numerous ways. A media studies professor contacted me and wanted to use one in her upcoming book on media literacy. It took an entire year to appear. Though I don't have a physical copy of the book yet, my comic shows up on Amazon's preview on page 13 of the book. I've tried to attach a screenshot below. This is the second time a comic of mine has appeared in a printed book and it's nice that some people find a use for them, especially in educational contexts.

GetMilked_Media_Hobbs.png
Sounds good, my brother. In my case, I don't draw but I still have my old comics collection from decades ago. Those old comics still hold a lot of sentimental value to me.

Sweet! That’s wicked, ewomack! It’s a great feeling when others appreciate your creativity and artistic pursuits, eh? I still feel a bit of a thrill to see my words in print or the internet somewhere other than my work website.

Latest posts

Back