Insomnia

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phaedron

Reaction score
Anyone have any sleeping problems? or Sleeping advice?

I find it hard to stay on a schedule. I always end up staying up extra hours. Then the next day my stomach is sick all day and my schedule just gets worse.

Last night I didn't sleep at all. I've been up 48 hours straight. lol. I don't do drugs or anything like that, I'm just really energetic, hyperactive, and have a hard time relaxing.

Lately I've been getting less and less sleep.

same here...that's my biggest prob during sembreaks, summer vacations...the thing i figured out was that it usually happens when my daily routine gets broken...my circadian rhythm goes back to normal when my daily routine does (go to school / work)...

may i just ask, since you said that you seemed energetic / hyperactive...do you have episodes of 'deep loneliness' or depression?...

Unacceptance said:
DO something boring.

Boredom only worsens your insomnia…

Coz when you’re bored, you’re mind keeps thinking on what else there is to do… it doesn’t help your mind to relax…

-subjective point of view-

Poor you, insomnia is a git and can make you feel terrible.
A few things that have helped me over the years:

Lavender.
You can get lavender drops from healthfood shops where you just need to add a few drops to a carrier oil and either use it in an oil burner in your room to make you relax or add it to a bath. You can also put a few drops under your pillow or you could make your own lavender filled pouch to put under your pillow.
Warm milk drinks also work (avoiding caffine)such as malted ones, or just warm milk with nutmeg sprinkled on the top.
Going for a walk for 20 mins in the evening, reading a book to unwind, turning of the tv, cd player ect and getting into a warm bed might help to.
Hope you find this of help.

Gothmother said:
Poor you, insomnia is a git and can make you feel terrible.
A few things that have helped me over the years:

Lavender.
You can get lavender drops from healthfood shops where you just need to add a few drops to a carrier oil and either use it in an oil burner in your room to make you relax or add it to a bath. You can also put a few drops under your pillow or you could make your own lavender filled pouch to put under your pillow.
Warm milk drinks also work (avoiding caffine)such as malted ones, or just warm milk with nutmeg sprinkled on the top.
Going for a walk for 20 mins in the evening, reading a book to unwind, turning of the tv, cd player ect and getting into a warm bed might help to.
Hope you find this of help.

yeah, I heard that lavender helps…

havent tried it, though..

I normally sleep like a log but I used to have periods where I had difficulty falling asleep. Then I used to drink "Neuro-3" herbal tea and take "Notta" drops (a homeopathic mixture) to calm the nerves, those usually helped. You might not have these particular preparations at your local pharmacy for all I know but try looking for some kind of herbal tea that helps with insomnia.

callista_05 said:
Unacceptance said:
DO something boring.

Boredom only worsens your insomnia…

Coz when you’re bored, you’re mind keeps thinking on what else there is to do… it doesn’t help your mind to relax…

-subjective point of view-

I guarantee, read the bible, you will be OUT

well....have you been drinking a lot of moga from starbuck ?
Are you taking anytype of medication ?

mmmm...I get tired and sleepy super fast..if i think about having to go to work...lmao
I like my work....I can look at it all day....

Maybe try forcing yourself to clean your room or surounding....I get stupid tired thinking
about cleaning my mess.lol

I used to take a walk until I get tired....the only **** problem was I would be 5 miles
from my house when I get tired. And I get stupid tired having to walk another 5 miles home.

Or maybe go outside and get fresh air. Do excersize. I've been riding my bike 8 miles a day.
My sleeping habits are getting much better. Riding my bike 4 miles back home ain't so bad....lmao

mmm...or try meditation. Something about emtying out your mind and letting go.
I'll acatully sleep like a baby and get rested and not toss or turn. Nor I feel more tired after I'm awaken.

I have trouble sleeping too. Last night I slept at 2 a.m. (though I'm not sure if that's considered too late). Then I wake up an hour later, then go back to sleep, then wake up again to go to class. Sometimes I find reading a book helps me fall to sleep.

Thanks, those are all good ideas. I don't think any of them will work too well on their own, but if I combine them all...

callista_05 said:
same here...that's my biggest prob during sembreaks, summer vacations...the thing i figured out was that it usually happens when my daily routine gets broken...my circadian rhythm goes back to normal when my daily routine does (go to school / work)...

I agree, if I get on a routine, I seem to sleep a bit better, but if I break it and keep myself up, then I'm sleeping at all sorts of weird hours. :(

callista_05 said:
may i just ask, since you said that you seemed energetic / hyperactive...do you have episodes of 'deep loneliness' or depression?...

Of course.

It seems I am alive in ways many do not understand and also dead in ways that many cannot accept, nor should I accept. But... I just don't know what to do, never have. Inspiration can't tell us everything, but when I get it I simply follow it. I'm not always good at organizing it.

Basically my feelings are at max volume, completely opposite the emotional suppression of the worker drones. That includes love, happiness, sorrow, depression, inspiration, desire, zeal, fear, wait I am lacking something... Anger.

I've seen too much anger, traumatized to anger, I don't ever want to feel anger or support it any way. Once in a great while I get into it, but this takes place when I imagine myself a giant monster destroying the world. Thus my anger never has any targets.

Is there a bad side to lacking anger? Is this what keeps me so isolated and alone? No, I will never let myself become what I hate.

It's sad to have all this energy and nothing to do with it
It's sad to have all this love and no one to give it to
It's sad to have all this zeal and no gods help me

The one who likes cake must eat pie.
The one who gets to eat cake wants pie.
The one who has the world has lost his soul.
The one who has his soul has lost the world.
The one who stands between them is average,

Catharsis said:
callista_05 said:

Of course.

It seems I am alive in ways many do not understand and also dead in ways that many cannot accept, nor should I accept. But... I just don't know what to do, never have. Inspiration can't tell us everything, but when I get it I simply follow it. I'm not always good at organizing it.

Basically my feelings are at max volume, completely opposite the emotional suppression of the worker drones. That includes love, happiness, sorrow, depression, inspiration, desire, zeal, fear, wait I am lacking something... Anger.

I've seen too much anger, traumatized to anger, I don't ever want to feel anger or support it any way. Once in a great while I get into it, but this takes place when I imagine myself a giant monster destroying the world. Thus my anger never has any targets.

Is there a bad side to lacking anger? Is this what keeps me so isolated and alone? No, I will never let myself become what I hate.

It's sad to have all this energy and nothing to do with it
It's sad to have all this love and no one to give it to
It's sad to have all this zeal and no gods help me

The one who likes cake must eat pie.
The one who gets to eat cake wants pie.
The one who has the world has lost his soul.
The one who has his soul has lost the world.
The one who stands between them is average,

If it’s my nurse’s superficial instinct…I’ll say it’s bipolar….lol…joke! ;p

But I can’t relate to the anger you’ve been talking about…

I guess you’re lucky to ‘lack’ it…coz I think anger keeps the wall between me and others strong…I think it’s the reason behind why am I surrounded with loving people yet I still feel so alone…

I don’t know where my hatred came from…maybe from being so sensitive and taking everything as an insult that I have suppressed and built for years…

However, I’m trying to resolve it now…

Well anger is more useful then sorrow, at least. lol

I guess what I'm really saying I could never be one of those guys who gets angry, completely loses control, and beats his wife. Seeing anger of that magnitude when you're young... I'll never let myself become even close to being like that, even if I was named Steven after the Alice Cooper song from "Welcome to My Nightmare."

yeah...I tend to stay up all night then go to school...then sleep as soon as I get home...and then wake up at about 8 pm
stay up all night again....and...let everything start over again...

Latest posts

Back