What do you see in the mirror today?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I

iseestars

I think everyday we can see something slightly different in the mirror, because we, humans, change with every passing day, and I'm not necessarily talking about physical changes. It's about the spark in our eyes, it changes, it becomes brighter or paler.. Sometimes we hold our head up high, other times we look down, ashamed. All these small daily changes tell a story about how we are deep down, how we feel.

So tell me, beautiful people, what do you see today in the mirror? Look carefully, it's just you and the mirror. Embrace yourselves and tell me what do you see...

Befriend the person in the mirror. It's you. The closest thing to you is you.

I'm looking forward to your thoughts on this one.

: )

i do not enjoy being reminded of my physical unattractiveness so i also avoid mirrors aside from shaving- i very much dislike taking photo's too but masks have helped in this area.

mgill said:
i do not enjoy being reminded of my physical unattractiveness so i also avoid mirrors aside from shaving- i very much dislike taking photo's too but masks have helped in this area.

Do you have any plans regarding changing how you feel about yourself right now?

I see someone I don't know much about and I want to learn more about that person. I see someone I would want to be friends with but don't know exactly how : )

Fat tired old woman. Why she's watchng me, btw?
I used to avoid mirrors except I need to go out. But to reduce a stress before going out I try not to avoid or even to find something good there. And mostly prefer no to think about my connection with that in the mirror. Just check if is the hair is brushed and so on.
Someties I see there someone normal from whom I don't want to run away, someone even in that moment I think may be others people also don't want to run away. Sometimes this someone is even likeable in some way. It's silly )) But the next day the mirror-creature is back on it's place... Probalby "fear is in the eyes of the behlolder" .

4No1 said:
Fat tired old woman. Why she's watchng me, btw?
I used to avoid mirrors except I need to go out. But to reduce a stress before going out I try not to avoid or even to find something good there. And mostly prefer no to think about my connection with that in the mirror. Just check if is the hair is brushed and so on.
Someties I see there someone normal from whom I don't want to run away, someone even in that moment I think may be others people also don't want to run away. Sometimes this someone is even likeable in some way. It's silly )) But the next day the mirror-creature is back on it's place...  Probalby "fear is in the eyes of the behlolder" .
You're beautiful and I know that sometimes the mirror is playing tricks on us, but you need to always keep in mind that you are so beautiful.

I'll tell you a short story. When I was little I used to be so happy with myself, with the way I am. And then I switched schools and got to a school where most students were mean and did bad stuff. I mean really, really bad stuff. I was even threatened with a knife once by some of the children there. I got back from school every day crying and asking myself what happened to me. I looked in the mirror and saw a scared, sad little girl and I knew I wasn't like that deep down. It's just that the circumstances made me change in a way. I had to rediscover myself and find the real me in all that. 
I used to be a jolly, fearless girl and I needed to return to that.

Please don't let the circumstances you find yourself in change the real you. You are beautiful and you need to remember that. I know life is hard these days but better days are right ahead we just have to keep going , ok?

iseestars said:
You're beautiful and I know that sometimes the mirror is playing tricks on us, but you need to always keep in mind that you are so beautiful.

Please don't let the circumstances you find yourself in change the real you. You are beautiful and you need to remember that. I know life is hard these days but better days are right ahead we just have to keep going , ok?

Thank you. I'm sorry all that awful things happened to you.

I see one handsome devil :)

But seriously, I don't know what I see. Sometimes I see a person I like other times I hate what I see. Good days and bad days but what are you gonna do huh?

I think I am actually pretty vain as I only seem to see the physical aspects of me. My vision makes a beeline for all my physical imperfections and shines a light on them alone.

Today I see a confused kid in the mirror. I still can't used to the idea that I'm an adult now : D

4No1 said:
iseestars said:

Thank you. I'm sorry all that awful things happened to you.
I also thank you. And don't worry about that, things happened but I moved on. The bad things never last forever. : )

Something I didn't want to see. Ha! ha!

iu

^ I can't top that and won't try.

Now that I think about it, I'm really happy that I can't top that...

If i workout for at least half an hour daily , maybe i will like the person i see in the mirror . Lol

A once young attractive man looks into the mirror and sees a graying, tired middle-aged man starting to look far older than he should. I guess the stress is finally catching up to me.

Latest posts

Back