...This is about friendship : )

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I

iseestars

It's ummm.... almost 9pm here, I'm restless again, too many thoughts running through my mind. : ) I feel sad but happy at the same time. Have you ever felt this way before? I'm happy I don't have friends in real life, because that led me to this forum and I'm learning so much from you guys and it's just great. But I'm sad because I don't get to practice offline what I learn from you. I wish I had some offline friends. But maybe it's just not meant to be. Maybe I'm just meant to have only online friends. And that's fine, I'm happy with that.
Ugh I must learn to be grateful for what I have and stop wanting what I cannot have. When will I learn I wonder... : )

Anyway, I think that even if I had offline friends, I would still come back to this forum and write here from time to time because I became fond of this place. : )

I don't even know what this thread is about... : ) Let's see... It's about... It's about friendship... About the meaning of it and the difference between online friendships and offline friendships. Waiting for your thoughts on this one.

Have a beautiful day/night everyone!

I once had a friend, we met on this site so we were purley online. We clicked almost immediately. We were two downtrodden souls that found solve with each other. Then that friendship became something more. Even though we were miles apart, we managed to get so close to one another. However, it was not to last as we wanted different things from the relationship.

My point here is that online friends can feel just as close as offline friends. It's all about meeting that person that you just click with.

Are you close with any of your online friends?

Sunless Sky said:
I once had a friend, we met on this site so we were purley online. We clicked almost immediately. We were two downtrodden souls that found solve with each other. Then that friendship became something more. Even though we were miles apart, we managed to get so close to one another. However, it was not to last as we wanted different things from the relationship.

My point here is that online friends can feel just as close as offline friends. It's all about meeting that person that you just click with.

Are you close with any of your online friends?

Thank you for sharing your story!

Yes, I agree, there isn't much difference between online and offline, people are people regardless.

I'm not close with anyone. I just talk to people and it's nice to have people to talk to. But unfortunately I always feel like an outsider, even when it seems as if I fit in a group of people, I still feel awkward deep down, and lonely. I've never really known how it's like to have close friends.

Yeah I am not close to anyone either, at least not anymore. I am not even close with my family. Its especially hard for me to open up to them. How's your relationship with your family?.

How old are you? Tell me a bit about yourself if you don't mind.

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I'm really [/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]close to my family but I don't have any friends outside my family a[/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]nd that makes me sad sometimes.[/font]
I'm twenty-something... : ) And a bit about myself... well, I... Wow I didn't know this would be so hard... : D Ummm... I like to share my thoughts with people but when it comes to actually telling something about myself, I get stuck.. Maybe that's my problem. : D

How about I start by telling you a bit about myself? Maybe that will help.

I am a PhD research student currently on my third, and hopefully last, year. I like to work out regularly, mostly weights, only doing cardio when I need to. I like to hike in deserts and jungles but lately, I am mostly just binging Netflix show and playing video games. I am also a foodie, I love trying new and exotic dishes. Also, I live in the UK and I am 27 years old. 

Alright, your turn :)

PS: judging by your last response, I am assuming you are in your late twenties as well.

I ONCE HAD A FRIEND
by Brooke Gladney

I once had a friend
We used to chill.
I once had a friend
That was there no matter what.

I once had a friend
I thought was true.
I once had a friend
I thought I knew.

I once had a friend
I thought was you.

Sunless Sky said:
How about I start by telling you a bit about myself? Maybe that will help.

I am a PhD research student currently on my third, and hopefully last, year. I like to work out regularly, mostly weights, only doing cardio when I need to. I like to hike in deserts and jungles but lately, I am mostly just binging Netflix show and playing video games. I am also a foodie, I love trying new and exotic dishes. Also, I live in the UK and I am 27 years old. 

Alright, your turn :)

PS: judging by your last response, I am assuming you are in your late twenties as well.

Ok, I'm in my late twenties. : ) I live in Eastern Europe. I like electronic music. I like eating fruits. I studied geography in college, but I am currently working in a completely different field. I dream of becoming a full-time musician. It'll take so many years, but I will study patiently. I won't hurry.

That's pretty much it. : )

Finished said:
I ONCE HAD A FRIEND
by Brooke Gladney

I once had a friend
We used to chill.
I once had a friend
That was there no matter what.

I once had a friend
I thought was true.
I once had a friend
I thought I knew.

I once had a friend
I thought was you.

That's sad but strangely enough it makes me laugh... : D

What's really weird is when you meet someone IRL that you have been communicating with for a year or more. You really get to know each other. Yet, when you meet them IRL they are a stranger. You have to ignore your eyes and listen to what they are saying. Then after a few minutes your brain finally realizes, it is your friend. Hello!

Finished said:
What's really weird is when you meet someone IRL that you have been communicating with for a year or more. You really get to know each other. Yet, when you meet them IRL they are a stranger. You have to ignore your eyes and listen to what they are saying. Then after a few minutes your brain finally realizes, it is your friend. Hello!

Yeah... That's.... : D 
Well..... I've never met an online friend IRL so far but when I do I'll make sure to ignore my eyes in the first few minutes 
: D

iseestars said:
I'm not close with anyone. I just talk to people and it's nice to have people to talk to. But unfortunately I always feel like an outsider, even when it seems as if I fit in a group of people, I still feel awkward deep down, and lonely. I've never really known how it's like to have close friends.
Personally, it works better for me to look for individuals within those groups. Chat rooms are especially nightmare-ish. I can't go with the flow, with the mood and the topics most of the time don't interest me. But one on one conversations? Really learning to know someone better? That's amazing! In private conversations people can just be themselves and they usually shiiine! So, feeling like an outsider within groups, I think it's normal. Everyone is unique after all, so aren't we all a little outsider actually? :) Just be proud of yourself and accept yourself the way you are, no need to feel bad about it.

Latest posts

Back