Books!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HypnoGhost

Reaction score
What book are you reading at the moment?
What book have you got on your shelf that you've not yet read?
What book have you read many times?
Favourites, worst, fiction or non?
What book/s would you recommend? 
Go wild!

My favourite fiction - 'Sahara' Clive Cussler
Read the most - 'Free To Be Human' David Edwards
Would recommend to everyone - 'The Four Agreements' Don Miguel Ruiz
Not yet read - 'Out Of Your Mind' Alan Watts

I have a few that I would recommend  (added to those above):
ALL of Don Miguel Ruiz's books (Toltec Wisdom)
ALL of Ryan Holiday's books
'The Meaning of the 21st Century' James Martin
'Facts For Life' His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda
'The Secret Teachings of All Ages' Manly P. Hall
'The Code of the Extraordinary Mind' Vishen Lakhiani

I like this post. I love books.

What book are you reading at the moment? I'm currently rereading Boy of Ruin by K.V. Rose (which is book #4 of the Unsainted series)
What book have you got on your shelf that you've not yet read? Iliad by Homer. I picked it up recently from a little library.
What book have you read many times? Say Goodnight, Gracie by Julie Reece Deaver
Favourites, worst, fiction or non? Fiction are easiest for me to read. It's harder for me to stay glued to non-fiction reading. Edited to add: I realize that you were asking what my favorite books are, but I don't really play favorites. I'm too indecisive, and I love too many books way too much to choose.
What book/s would you recommend? I read a lot of dark romance novels, so I'm probably not the best person to ask. For something that I think would be a great read for anyone, I would say probably The Giver by Lois Lowry. I feel like it was the book that really got me back into reading when I was a kid.

- The castle by Kafka
- Sixty Stories by Donald Barthelme
- The will to power, Nietzsche, and others that I go back to now and then. It's very unstable....

What book have you got on your shelf that you've not yet read?
Too many to count

What book have you read many times?
- Antigone by Jean Anouilh
- They shoot horses, don't they? by Horace McCoy
- Being and Time by Heidegger (twice)

Favourites, worst, fiction or non?
Anything but self help books. My favorite reads are either fiction or philosophy, too many to count.

What book/s would you recommend? 
- Martin Eden by Jack London
- One Hundred Years of Solitude by Marquez
- Faust by Goethe

I love books too! Never read a dark romance novel though?
Either way I've got a feeling I'm going to need another bookshelf lol
An Amazon wishlist will have to do for now!
Love Nietzsche, and will deffo check out your recommendations Lacrecia
Many thanks for these, it's nice to know people still read books haha

HypnoGhost said:
I love books too!
I've got a feeling I'm going to need another bookshelf lol

Show your shelves.

Lacrecia said:
HypnoGhost said:
I love books too!
I've got a feeling I'm going to need another bookshelf lol

Show your shelves.

Oh I say! That's a bit forward!  :p
I'm not willing to photo them just yet need to tidy some things out the way haha

What book are you reading at the moment? "Infinite Jest" by David Foster Wallace
What book have you got on your shelf that you've not yet read? "I Celebrate Myself" by Bill Morgan
What book have you read many times? I've never read anything more than once, although I really should.
Favourites, worst, fiction or non? A little of both, worst are text books, hard for me to stay focused
What book/s would you recommend? Anything by Charles Bukowski or David Foster Wallace

Vinny D said:
What book are you reading at the moment?  "Infinite Jest" by David Foster Wallace
What book have you got on your shelf that you've not yet read?  "I Celebrate Myself" by Bill Morgan
What book have you read many times?  I've never read anything more than once, although I really should.
Favourites, worst, fiction or non? A little of both, worst are text books, hard for me to stay focused
What book/s would you recommend?  Anything by Charles Bukowski or David Foster Wallace

Kudos to you for actually being able to read infinite Jest. I tried a couple of times, read 100 pages and dropped it.

Lacrecia said:
Vinny D said:
What book are you reading at the moment?  "Infinite Jest" by David Foster Wallace

Kudos to you for actually being able to read infinite Jest. I tried a couple of times, read 100 pages and dropped it.

Sounds interesting!

if you like medieval books Silk Road by Colin Falconer takes place in Jerusalem all the way to Mongolia. good read.

HypnoGhost said:
Lacrecia said:
Vinny D said:

Sounds interesting!
That book is a real mess.

Lacrecia said:
- The castle by Kafka

Wow, mee too!

Also reading at the moment:
The one by Mars

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]What book have you got on your shelf that you've not yet read?[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]At the monent have no at all, would be looking for the new after finished with current [/font]

Would recommend:
Gray House by Mariam Petrosyan.
Everything by Ray Bradbury
[size=small]All the Light We Cannot See By [size=small]Anthony Doerr[/size][/size]
[size=small][size=small][size=small]Player Piano by [size=small]Kurt Vonnegut[/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=small][size=small][size=small][size=small]Scytche by Neal Shusterman[/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=small][size=small][size=small][size=small]Anxious People by Frederick Backman[/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=small][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]What book have you read many times? [/font][/size]
Have to less time and too many books waiting for me to be able to

P.S. Nice thread, I'm really happy it does exist

Latest posts

Back