Guys, unless you are really hot

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgill

Reaction score
"you are probably better off not wasting your time on Tinder"

"This study was conducted to quantify the Tinder socio-economic prospects for males based on the percentage of females that will “like” them. Female Tinder usage data was collected and statistically analyzed to determine the inequality in the Tinder economy. It was determined that the bottom 80% of men (in terms of attractiveness) are competing for the bottom 22% of women and the top 78% of women are competing for the top 20% of men. The Gini coefficient for the Tinder economy based on “like” percentages was calculated to be 0.58. This means that the Tinder economy has more inequality than 95.1% of all the world’s national economies. In addition, it was determined that a man of average attractiveness would be “liked” by approximately 0.87% (1 in 115) of women on Tinder."

keep in mind that this study was done in 2015 so OLD is far worse now than it was 5-6 years ago. it also now applies to men for offline dating as well. since all facets of dating are currently so difficult for even an average man, it is MUCH more difficult if not impossible for below average males.

https://medium.com/@worstonlinedate...ably-better-off-not-wasting-your-2ddf370a6e9a

Tinder waste of time.Real life..women with beer goggles more chance for them to succumb to your sparkling personality not just how you look,job done.Think like an eighties man stop being lazy using apps.  ;)

But I tell a lie .I do know someone that uses Tinder.He is naughty but I'm too scared to tell him.He sees a couple of women behind his partners back.He's fat, bald ,5 ft 6 looks like a bank robber if you didn't know him,but he makes us laugh.

TheRealCallie said:
Yes, because no one knows that Tinder is just a one night stand app.... :rolleyes:

Also, did you happen to see the part  where women have it just as ******* bad?

women have it bad for opposite reasons because 78% of them are only interested in the top 22% of men.

mgill said:
women have it bad for opposite reasons because 78% of them are only interested in the top 22% of men.

As far as I am aware Tinder, is far from an accurate representation for ALL women. Jeez man, I hardly get out and I know that!

HypnoGhost said:
mgill said:

As far as I am aware Tinder, is far from an accurate representation for ALL women. Jeez man, I hardly get out and I know that!

perhaps not all but many if not most women.  maybe because you hardly get out you are not very aware of the status of the modern dating scene. it was bad enough pre-covid and the year of pandemic shutdowns have relegated OLD to almost the only social outlet -which does not bode well for average and below average males.

Just Games said:
Think like an eighties man

Step 1: Listen to this:

[youtube]kWXPRadYytQ[/youtube]

Step 2: Buy a bright red IROC-Z Camaro, take the t-tops off and floor it everywhere you go

Step 3: Start lifting weights religiously

Step 4: Pull into an empty beach parking lot on the way home from the gym at dusk, and do some donuts in your IROC while primally screaming at the moon

Step 5: Women rain from the sky, take your pick!

TheSkaFish said:
Just Games said:
Think like an eighties man

Step 1: Listen to this:

[youtube]kWXPRadYytQ[/youtube]

Step 2: Buy a bright red IROC-Z Camaro, take the t-tops off and floor it everywhere you go

Step 3: Start lifting weights religiously

Step 4:  Pull into an empty beach parking lot on the way home from the gym at dusk, and do some donuts in your IROC while primally screaming at  the moon

Step 5:  Women rain from the sky, take your pick!

See Skas got the right idea :) That bloke he don't care what he looks like.He's skinny ,he's unfit cause he cant keep up with his first date,you can see she's pissed ,she don't care.He's unique obviously cause he's gone in with a great first line at the bar  "Eh Darling can you hold me Cammaro keys and me fat wallet with fifties poking out while i get you more drunk/ a drink ,then....you wanna run down the beach",job done :D.Im touching me feelings here tearing up,the eighties just the best time ;).
Gonna buy my fat mates  soft top old merc and do 360's round me local roundabout hanging out of the window at 12 tonite :)That bloke who runs his battery up on his Morris minor at 12 at night near me (essential journey my arse),he don't care so why not.Better take me meds now.

Just Games said:
See Skas got the right idea :) That bloke he don't care what he looks like.He's skinny ,he's unfit cause he cant keep up with his first date,you can see she's pissed ,she don't care.He's unique obviously cause he's gone in with a great first line at the bar  "Eh Darling can you hold me Cammaro keys and me fat wallet with fifties poking out while i get you more drunk/ a drink ,then....you wanna run down the beach",job done :D.Im touching me feelings here tearing up,the eighties just the best time ;).
Gonna buy my fat mates  soft top old merc and do 360's round me local roundabout hanging out of the window at 12 tonite :)That bloke who runs his battery up on his Morris minor at 12 at night near me (essential journey my arse),he don't care so why not.Better take me meds now.

Ahh I forgot the bar...that's the missing piece of the '80s man universe.

I also enjoyed your version of the legend of Don Henley :D glad I could inspire you to take a trip down memory lane. I bet you have some stories!

Anyway, idk about Tinder, never used it. I don't necessarily believe in that 80/20 thing, but suppose it were true, or at least true-ish. I wonder - wouldn't there be some women who are tired of the top 20% of men's attitude and games, and might consider giving other kinds of guys a chance?

AmyTheTemperamental said:
Tinder is for bots. Everyone should stay off of there.

most of OLD seems to be this way but many women do seem to have success using these apps-along with the top men of course.

Seems like it. I've tried OKC before when it was completely free and i still had some game and status left over from my younger years and i still deleted my account. Recently went back to OKC just for fun nothing serious. I didn't fit in at all. Just created a fake profile on Tinder to see if i can find someone. Horrible. I don't belong there. I don't fit in. It made me feel even worse about myself. Also many women on it are disgusting. I gave a few likes just for fun but i won't be able to do anything with them because fake very good looking profile pic. Many Tinder and OKC women seem to want top 2% men.

Last edited:
Dating sites in general, all seem absolutely horrible. Populated largely by socially inept, conversationally challenged, unavailable people, or the typical delusional and superficial ego warriors, whom await their fame and fortune to be bestowed upon them via minions, whilst awaiting a vapid hair free, muscled, influencer, with an IQ of a shoe size.

Maybe it's different for the younger generations. Certainly for those of my age, you tend to be in dating sites because you have failed elsewhere, if not everywhere. Needy, weak, vain, or plain old nasty.

Likewise, a little dude such as me, my chances of gaining anyone's attention on a dating site, is pretty much zero. Short, bald, and not a millionaire. My personality and credentials can fresia off!

And yet, I have rarely ever been without a date. I'm no great catch, nor do I have money, a title, fame, or anything worth bragging about. But, I'm smart, funny, and I can entertain a room full of strangers.

if you want to meet people, then that's exactly what you have to do, meet people. Chat, flirt, see what conversation gains the best reactions. But don't think that simply because someone rejects the advances, that life is over and you have been crushed. Life isn't like that. Perhaps across the room, road, building or bus, there is someone else feeling exactly as you do. You just have to talk to other people first, to find them.

Another nugget of wisdom. You get a date and it goes wrong, sucks chunks, curl up and die situation. Well, sometimes it not the person that you meet, who is the one, rather than the person that they might introduce you to; networking.

Again, I'm no expert, but confidence and conversation tend to be traits sought by most people, male or female. Now how you project that onto a dating website, without looking like a gardenia, is beyond me.

Last edited:
Ahh I forgot the bar...that's the missing piece of the '80s man universe.

I also enjoyed your version of the legend of Don Henley :D glad I could inspire you to take a trip down memory lane. I bet you have some stories!

Anyway, idk about Tinder, never used it. I don't necessarily believe in that 80/20 thing, but suppose it were true, or at least true-ish. I wonder - wouldn't there be some women who are tired of the top 20% of men's attitude and games, and might consider giving other kinds of guys a chance?

Yes such women exist. I can't explain how or why. I recently came across one couple. The guy was like he just got out of prison. Facial hair, smoker, tattoos, curses, talks like an idiot. The way he was acting he also looked like he had ADHD and addictions. He was a box truck driver. When i saw his woman i couldn't believe what she saw in him. I was like no ******* way! She should be with normal intelligent educated cultured non drinker non smoker me, not this pile of crap who can't even stand still on his feet for a few seconds or put two words together that make sense. No f way i thought to myself. Why??? She could've done so much better. I rarely see it, but when i do..... argghhh..... i'm speechless.

Dating sites in general, all seem absolutely horrible. Populated largely by socially inept, conversationally challenged, unavailable people, or the typical delusional and superficial ego warriors, whom await their fame and fortune to be bestowed upon them via minions, whilst awaiting a vapid hair free, muscled, influencer, with an IQ of a shoe size.

Maybe it's different for the younger generations. Certainly for those of my age, you tend to be in dating sites because you have failed elsewhere, if not everywhere. Needy, weak, vain, or plain old nasty.

Likewise, a little dude such as me, my chances of gaining anyone's attention on a dating site, is pretty much zero. Short, bald, and not a millionaire. My personality and credentials can fresia off!

And yet, I have rarely ever been without a date. I'm no great catch, nor do I have money, a title, fame, or anything worth bragging about. But, I'm smart, funny, and I can entertain a room full of strangers.

if you want to meet people, then that's exactly what you have to do, meet people. Chat, flirt, see what conversation gains the best reactions. But don't think that simply because someone rejects the advances, that life is over and you have been crushed. Life isn't like that. Perhaps across the room, road, building or bus, there is someone else feeling exactly as you do. You just have to talk to other people first, to find them.

Another nugget of wisdom. You get a date and it goes wrong, sucks chunks, curl up and die situation. Well, sometimes it not the person that you meet, who is the one, rather than the person that they might introduce you to; networking.

Again, I'm no expert, but confidence and conversation tend to be traits sought by most people, male or female. Now how you project that onto a dating website, without looking like a gardenia, is beyond me.
Just wanted to say, "well said." Simple, useful advice. Have to take the first step, and then you take another, and another. Being able to put a smile on some one's face, give them a chuckle, and make them feel the warmer for your encounter, now that's something. Powerful stuff, simple.

I'm not so good at that, myself..

Seriously, why are men so **** obsessed with thinking women won't like them if they are bald? Men can be very sexy bald. Honestly, some men look better bald. I get that if you go bald before you want to it freaks you out, but get over it, not all women care, sometimes you look better, and most times, you look worse when you try to hold on to whatever hair you have left.

But let's go back to what Colster posted. Does that not tell you anything? It's not about what you don't have, it's about what you put out to the world. People can "see" your negativity and what's worse is that YOU are just fulfilling your own prophecy with the negative bullshit. I get it, I really do. It's hard to let that honeysuckle go, but you are never going to get anywhere if you don't figure out a way to let it the fresia go.

Latest posts

Back