speaking the truth about short men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgill

Reaction score
there are few worse curses in life than being born a short male. it's not only over for short guys-for most of us it never even began

I'm average height and ugly. I discovered that if guys can break the six foot barrier the door to more women opens up.  Height trumps looks to a degree, IMO. A past friend was 5'5". He was good looking but couldn't get any dates. However, when we tried online dating sites he totally kicked my ass.

I got zero results. He never mentioned his height in his adds. But, he took various pictures of himself standing on a box that wasn't visible in the photos. He appeared to be just about six feet tall. He got lots of results. I suggest short guys do that even if just as a test. There was even a girl that I matched perfectly with. She ignored me and sent him a message of interest. But, he didn't find her attractive. So, he ignored her. He had a big laugh about that one though. Ha! ha!

So, yes, I agree with you. Short guys have it even harder then ugly guys. To make matters worse, many short women gravitate towards tall guys. However, there are very short Asian girls that are just fine with a guy that is 5'5" or so. I would suggest trying to target that group.

It's not like there isn't a kernel of truth to this, because there has been a lot of research into the matter of height discrimination and preferences and you can get a short impression of it just by going to Wikipedia which is considered more credible to a degree: Height Discrimination.

At least that is something that is more convincing to the average person than an individual's anonymous account which does not even resonate emotionally with people that are not already invested in the topic. All the doomer/incel lingo aside that is either completely foreign or the deepest reddest flag one can imagine. That's just the way it is. Whether things are completely "over" or as grim as described is a different matter altogether.

I've noticed a pattern of the more cliquish/difficult women I've come across having unusually tall partners, as if height were the biological equivalent of a status marker.

That said if you're within sight of average, aren't a hobbit, then there isn't much point raging about it. If only 6 foot + guys got gfs the average height would be much taller than it is.

AmyTheTemperamental said:
[youtube]fSwztVIhk7s[/youtube]

thank you Amy!  someone else here mentioned how to do this to me previously but i could not recall so i will make a note of it for future posts.

Finished said:
I'm average height and ugly. I discovered that if guys can break the six foot barrier the door to more women opens up.  Height trumps looks to a degree, IMO. A past friend was 5'5". He was good looking but couldn't get any dates. However, when we tried online dating sites he totally kicked my ass.

I got zero results. He never mentioned his height in his adds. But, he took various pictures of himself standing on a box that wasn't visible in the photos. He appeared to be just about six feet tall. He got lots of results. I suggest short guys do that even if just as a test. There was even a girl that I matched perfectly with. She ignored me and sent him a message of interest. But, he didn't find her attractive. So, he ignored her. He had a big laugh about that one though. Ha! ha!

So, yes, I agree with you. Short guys have it even harder then ugly guys. To make matters worse, many short women gravitate towards tall guys. However, there are very short Asian girls that are just fine with a guy that is 5'5" or so. I would suggest trying to target that group.

i agree-looks are also a factor along with hair. a short man can get away with his lack of height if he is good looking enough.  likewise, a tall man can have success despite having an average face. the problem truly being when a man is lacking in two, or in my case all three of these-in which case as i said it's pretty much game over due to a combo of such inferior genetics.  i have no doubt that if i had the hair i was born with and were of average height like 5'9-5'10 rather than being a pathetic 5'6 my life would have been vastly improved on all levels. as it is i am on the bottom of the barrel when it comes to women's dating preferences-as my extremely long  history of total failure very clearly proves.

i have heard the asian thing before and it may work in an asian country where JBW is king but in the west asian women are always going to choose taller men too because they have the option to do so. there really is no solution for men who are below a certain baseline of height, looks & hair.  just by the luck of the draw we were cursed with everything women find physically repulsive in a man and there is pretty much zero chance of success.

ardour said:
I've noticed a  pattern of the more cliquish/difficult women I've come across having unusually tall partners, as if height were the biological equivalent of a status marker.

That said if you're within sight of average, aren't a hobbit, then there isn't much point raging about it. If only 6 foot +  guys got gfs the average height would be much taller than it is.

at 5'6 i am on the average side of short which is nowhere good enough. 3-4" can make all the difference in the world so if i were 5'9 or 5'10 i very likey would never have even heard of this forum. many women who are only 5'2-5'6 themselves are even starting to consider 5'10 men as being too short so 6' is the new standard for average to women but only around 14% of men are at this height or above, .

as far as your last statement, things are truly moving that direction  height was always a huge factor for female attraction but in the past some women were willing to overlook it because they did not have the unlimited options they do now with social media & OLD.  there have been many studies showing how a man's profile can go from having decent interest to nothing only by loweriing his height by a few inches. now it is like this in real life along with OLD so unless a short man is also stunningly handsome or rich & famous, even below average women are completely disinterested regardless of whatever else he may have going for him.

Latest posts

Back