in honor of valentines day

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgill

Reaction score
and those men physically attractive enough to be in a position to actually celebrate it

[youtube]AKAoJBnWzuA [/youtube]

Okay, please tell me how 480 girls with the average age of mid 20's judging 20 guys and guessing that the hotter they are, the more likely they are to have an STD relates to your perceived "truth"?

I've never understood why people put so much emphasis on this fake, commercial crapshow of a day. In my opinion, those who observe it are brainwashed.

TheRealCallie said:
Okay, please tell me how 480 girls with the average age of mid 20's judging 20 guys and guessing that the hotter they are, the more likely they are to have an STD relates to your perceived "truth"?

Mgill's perceived truth aside, I don't think that's what the study says unless I have to read even further...see these quotations.

[...]the more attractive a man was judged to be, the less likely women were to intend to use a condom during sex. - as far as I know that's the same vice versa.

The average perceived STI likelihood for a man had no significant association with his average perceived attractiveness or with participants’ average willingness to have sex with him.

Participants who judged that women like themselves would be more willing, overall, to have condomless sex with the twenty men, [...] also tended to believe that the twenty men had a higher likelihood of having an STI.

Rodent said:
TheRealCallie said:

Mgill's perceived truth aside, I don't think that's what the study says unless I have to read even further...see these quotations.

[...]the more attractive a man was judged to be, the less likely women were to intend to use a condom during sex. - as far as I know that's the same vice versa.

The average perceived STI likelihood for a man had no significant association with his average perceived attractiveness or with participants’ average willingness to have sex with him.

Participants who judged that women like themselves would be more willing, overall, to have condomless sex with the twenty men, [...] also tended to believe that the twenty men had a higher likelihood of having an STI.

The study is primarily about condoms, yes (which still isn't relevant to mgill's claims).  Of course realistically, their looks have no relation to whether or not they actually have STDs, but as the last line you quoted states, they believed the hot guys were more likely to have STDs.  So yeah, I should have worded my original statement a little better.

These people are nothing to envy.

And you don't need to be with someone to celebrate a materialistic holiday. Buy yourself some chocolates (which are 50% off today) and watch a sappy movie.

TheRealCallie said:
The study is primarily about condoms, yes (which still isn't relevant to mgill's claims).  Of course realistically, their looks have no relation to whether or not they actually have STDs, but as the last line you quoted states, they believed the hot guys were more likely to have STDs.  So yeah, I should have worded my original statement a little better.

No no, what I'm getting is that it's a completely different factor that they connected with a woman's belief that the twenty men in general had STDs.

I think what they mean is that women who thought that other women would be more willing to have condomless sex with the men in general (regardless of attractiveness!), also believed that the men in general had a higher likelihood of having an STD.

Forgottendanfan said:
I've never understood why people put so much emphasis on this fake, commercial crapshow of a day. In my opinion, those who observe it are brainwashed.

AMEN!

TheRealCallie said:

Callie is right. This study was done on 480 young girls. Immature promiscuous females. Of cours they're gonna mess about wihout protection!
480 young females is hardly representative of ALL women and not a great foundation to build an opinion on either.

mgill said:
and those men physically attractive enough to be in a position to actually celebrate it

In honour of valentines day, I made you a playlist X x X x
I would appreciate it if you took some time out; to watch them all, straight through, no skipping.
I think it will help you to celebrate your life, rather than some card love money making "holiday".
Best wishes

Mr. Love

i think people are missing the point of the video-the condom study is just being used as an example of what women fidn important in men. the crux of the video is explained from 2:37-5:58 and a good summary is the last statement made in this segment about putting men in two different catagories based on our physical attractiveness. the fact that if a man is hot enough women are perfectly fine with taking the risk of getting an STD from him merely to have access to his superior genetics speaks volumes. one of the best comments on the video puts it quite succinctly- "they would rather get an STD from chad than have a child with you."

i was never into valentines day on any level anyway (or any other holiday for that matter as i totally agree they are just consumer based) but it's just another of many reminders for unwanted men like myself of our endless singledom. i am not missing out on valetines day but am missing out on the romantic connection & intimacy on a daily basis-month after month, year after year-which is not an issue for high value men who are fortunate enough to have good genetics.

thanks for the very extensive playlist hynoghost-i have watched some of them before already, others not. i think the main thing to remember is most of these people make $ selling false hope to despeate, lonely men. the fact that Jeff Bezos was used as an example as to why bald men are attractive is a good example of this-just become a multi billionare bro. alan watts & petereson are also men who don't even follow their own preaching. if they were so happy & wise, why did they both have major substance abuse issues? i really do appreciate the sentiment and effort in suggesting these but i have been down this road before and it led nowhere for me as i am still just as single & lonely as i was around 8 years ago after my first & only relationship ended-if not far more so.

i have also put in the work over the years so to speak as many of them suggest to do yet still have had zero results. as has been said many times before, there is no gym for your height or face. despite what these video's claim, having true confidence & self esteem is only possible though experiencing success-otherwise it's merely a comforting delusion. for those who suggest that happiness cannot be found through others, perhaps they should isolate themselves from all contact for a few months and see if they still feel the same. human's are social animals and there is a reason why solitary confinement is considered the worst form of punishment. platonic relationships are important too but they in no way make up for a complete lack of physical & intmate connection.

after trying everything over these past 8 years the only thing which is ever going to change my perspective is actually finding a partner- but this is obviously extremely unlikely given my dismal track record and now made virtually impossible due to COVID, with no end in sight.

mgill said:
i think people are missing the point of the video-the condom study is just being used as an example of what women fidn important in men.  the crux of the video is explained from 2:37-5:58 and a good summary is the last statement made in this segment about putting men in two different catagories based on our physical attractiveness.  the fact that if a man is hot enough women are perfectly fine with taking the risk of getting an STD from him merely to have access to his superior genetics speaks volumes.  one of the best comments on the video puts it quite succinctly- "they would rather get an STD from chad than have a child with you."

i was never into valentines day on any level anyway (or any other holiday for that matter as i totally agree they are just consumer based) but it's just another of many reminders for unwanted men like myself of our endless singledom.  i am not missing out on valetines day but am missing out on the romantic connection & intimacy on a daily basis-month after month, year after year-which is not an issue for high value men who are fortunate enough to have good genetics.

thanks for the very extensive playlist hynoghost-i have watched some of them before already, others not.  i think the main thing to remember is most of these people make $ selling false hope to despeate, lonely men.  the fact that Jeff Bezos was used as an example as to why bald men are attractive is a good example of this-just become a multi billionare bro.  alan watts & petereson are also men who don't even follow their own preaching.  if they were so happy & wise, why did they both have major substance abuse issues?  i really do appreciate the sentiment and effort in suggesting these but i have been down this road before and it led nowhere for me as i am still just as single & lonely as i was around 8 years ago after my first & only relationship ended-if not far more so.

i have also put in the work over the years so to speak as many of them suggest to do yet still have had zero results. as has been said many times before, there is no gym for your height or face.  despite what these video's claim, having true confidence & self esteem is only possible though experiencing success-otherwise it's merely a comforting delusion.  for those who suggest that happiness cannot be found through others, perhaps they should isolate themselves from all contact for a few months and see if they still feel the same.  human's are social animals and there is a reason why solitary confinement is considered the worst form of punishment.  platonic relationships are important too but they in no way make up for a complete lack of physical & intmate connection.

after trying everything over these past 8 years the only thing which is ever going to change my perspective is actually finding a partner- but this is obviously extremely unlikely given my dismal track record and now made virtually impossible due to COVID, with no end in sight.

My point on that video is that you cannot base ALL WOMEN on a survey done on 500 young women. These sweeping generalisations are very damaging!

With regards to substance abuse, have you ever? Do you know what these substances do to you? Again you cannot lump different substances into the same category. 
Succesful people are seen as those who make money in a capitalist society.
Thats a given. 
How you can say that someone didnt follow their own ways just because they dabbled in "drugs"... i cant see that link? Who says they are happy and wise? They are both psycologists, they are sharing human psycological information.
Happiness and confidence do have to start from within. You cant build a strong house if you havent built strong foundations.
You may have been down this road but i think you have turned back and run back to your comfort zone. Which is OK, that is an entirely human reaction.
It takes a hell of a lot for someone to face their demons and push through to better themselves, life aint easy!
The majority of those who have money have worked very hard to get there.
You say you have put the work in but i feel like you may have not understood what it truly means to live the work. If that makes sense?
There is no quick fix, it takes years of constant action to attain a goal.
Look man, i understand where you are coming from and i do wish you all the best. Just keep moving forward ok, dont get stuck.

Also check out acutalized.org on YouTube  (and website).

Rodent said:
Minor side note: Alan Watts is *not* a psychologist.

Oh yeah lol sorry, was on a rant and it was 2:30am!
He was infact a philosopher, yes you are correct in your side note  :D

Latest posts

Back