Share Workout tips here

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azariah

Reaction score
When I run i dont have anything on me but my car key, clothes and shoes. That way I'm not so weighed down.

Share your workout advice here.

^ As you get older stretching becomes even more important then exercising. That sucks because I much rather just go do things.

You aren't doing cardio unless your heart is pumping.

If you are already in good condition and in shape:
When you get to the point you are breathing heavy keep going or even push harder because you'll get your second wind. That's when the real benefits happen and your body calms down into a smooth rhythm and the happy chemicals get released.

Everyone starts somewhere, if you have been on the couch for 3 months you are not going to run a marathon tomorrow. Be kind to yourself mentally, and keep going!

TheRealCallie said:
Nicolelt said:
Everyone starts somewhere, if you have been on the couch for 3 months you are not going to run a marathon tomorrow. Be kind to yourself mentally, and keep going!

So I should back out of the marathon I signed up for tomorrow?

:club: No, you probably could run a marathon.

AmyTheTemperamental said:
Chores burn calories.

Heck yes they do! I was sweating mopping the floor yesterday. Also if you can walk somewhere, do it!

My mantra when I run is "more pain" or "I love the pain" or " i am strong," keeps me going far.

Base the workouts around strength gains with basics like  squats, deadlifts, and incline bench, just be careful with proper form as you don't want a back injury. Shoulder strength needs to be built up with exercises such as the military press. Don't focus on abs or spend too much time targeting specific groups with cables, it's a waste of energy imo.

Try a basic 3 day split routine, there's dozens of examples online.

ardour said:
Base the workouts around strength gains with basics like  squats, deadlifts, and incline bench, just be careful with proper form as you don't want a back injury. Shoulder strength needs to be built up with exercises such as the military press. Don't focus on abs or spend too much time targeting specific areas with cables, it's a waste of energy imo.

Try a basic 3 day split routine, there's dozens of examples online.

This, what I wanted to say. Agreed completely. Resistance training or strength training. Something that can give overall workout.

Adding to adrours point. Too much of cardio is kind of defeats the purpose (just imo) unless you are going to do something that requires that amount of cardio, like running a race or a specific sport that you want to participate in. Moderate cardio and more strength or specific muscle training will have better results in reducing fat from the body, from my own experience. It may not be the same for everyone though.

Latest posts

Back