Hello, new friends. I just want to share my very own lonely story

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I

Invisibleguy

I've always struggled with loneliness and getting lost in the background; it's always been a part of me for as long as I can remember. Even when I was in middle school, I remember just feeling lost but I had a quite few friends but I became a full blown loner when my parents moved to a different town and started high school. 

After high school, I had an absurd idea to leave the whole country for higher education and to "reinvent" myself and it failed horribly. Even when I moved, I was still the same. I just failed miserably and ended spending majority of my time in my bedroom gaming, eagerly waiting for the years to go by so I can go back and live with my family. I had zero friends and no one ever entertained the idea of hanging out with me, and I seriously despised the idea of being a burden to people so I just accepted it. During my last year, I still remember the day my mom called me and she told me that she and my father were retiring abroad. I was so gutted, she told me she'd help me find a new place if I went back but I kindly declined and took a job in that country (still live here up until today haha). 

Still, years have gone by and I feel like I just exist in the background and I still have zero friends. There was a time, when I unironically thought I stood a chance in the dating world and boy, was I in for a rude awakening haha. I've never been on a date or ever had a woman ever romantically interested me. Of course, I'm invisible to women as well, I have an unfortunate looking face; just quite ugly. I think they call it "A face that only a mother could love" lol. But, I did attempt going to speed dating events and try dating apps a while ago to no avail. It's really hard, knowing you're unloveable for things beyond your control but I guess, I'm slowly slowly getting over it. Actually, it still hurts, who am I kidding haha

Thank you for reading if you did, I look foward to getting to know you all. Yes, it's quite a lengthy post, I'm quite a talkative person on the internet lol

AmyTheTemperamental said:
Welcome to ALL :) I hope that your time here is nice.

Thanks!

Finished said:
Welcome! Maybe they'll make comfortable real looking masks soon. That way ugly people will be on level ground with others.

Thanks and great idea haha

Nicolelt said:
Welcome to the forum!

Thanks!

The fact you've never knowingly had a woman interested in you doesn't necessarily mean you're ugly. Some of us just fall between the cracks, so to speak. I've never been in a relationship either, but I think it's because I haven't really been in the company of women very much throughout my life. I think as a guy, you need to be a little proactive in terms of meeting women. It's very easy just to "\fly under the radar", as it were. If you're extremely handsome you'll probably get the interest of women without having to try very much, but I gather the rest of us have to make our presence known in order to gain attraction. Then again, I could be wrong. I'm not exactly an expert in this area.

I got so involved in putting my opinion forward that I forgot my main point, which is to welcome you to the site and say you can feel free to message me anytime.

Welcome to the site :)

Forgottendanfan said:
The fact you've never knowingly had a woman interested in you doesn't necessarily mean you're ugly. Some of us just fall between the cracks, so to speak. I've never been in a relationship either, but I think it's because I haven't really been in the company of women very much throughout my life. I think as a guy, you need to be a little proactive in terms of meeting women. It's very easy just to "\fly under the radar", as it were. If you're extremely handsome you'll probably get the interest of women without having to try very much, but I gather the rest of us have to make our presence known in order to gain attraction. Then again, I could be wrong. I'm not exactly an expert in this area.

I got so involved in putting my opinion forward that I forgot my main point, which is to welcome you to the site and say you can feel free to message me anytime.

Maybe... but I've actually tried via dating apps and a lot of guys do okay on it and found at least someone. I'm kind of a self aware person

Minus said:

Thank you!

Invisibleguy said:
Forgottendanfan said:

Maybe... but I've actually tried via dating apps and a lot of guys do okay on it and found at least someone. I'm kind of a self aware person

Minus said:

Thank you!

In reference to your comment about online dating....well I've never tried it myself, but I've heard it's VERY competitive and superficial. I've spoken to quite a few men who've said they got absolutely no positive experiences from it.

Latest posts

Back