Makeup. What do you think about it

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4No1

Out of order
Reaction score
I accept makeup does matter in the modern world but for some reasons I don't like it at all (and manicure as well but that's mostly because I destroy it faster than make). I try to avoid it completely, I can use lip gloss or mascara when go somewhere where it's improperly to go without it(like theater) - but that's all. 

When I go to work - I go without any makeup at all and don't care what they all think there, though I know the look can matter in accepting you as a professional. 

I'm not bodypositive, for example I do care about my eyebrows-form(sorry for the details), I use hair gels, and I like to color my hair sometimes and so on. And I don't like my looks as it is but my improved verison I like even less(I've tried a porefssional stylist as well - still don't like) and feel very uncomfortable. I can't say I like more the looks of other women with cosmetics, I admit they look more beatiful with it but not more lovely for me. 

When I was young, my mom tried to make "a normal human" of me - but then she gave up ))  I've also tried(for years) but realized I just can't be fixed. Today I've discussed with a friend my loneliness and she said that my "cause nobody would date not a young woman that doesn't even use a lipstick" is just a stupid excuse and I shoud stop decide for others and count the probabilities and just try. 

So what do you think, is makeup necessary for a woman? 

Are there other woman who don't like it(as I haven't met)?

While I am a sucker for a good cats eye. Make up is not the be all end all for me. I care more about the chemistry me and the woman share. That's what really matters. So focus more on having an interesting personality than whatever primer or foundation or lipstick you use.

I like makeup. I like dressing up and being I touch with my feminine side.
I think that over the year it’s changed who I use makeup for. 
In my teens it was to get attention and feel valued. (Here where I come from it’s not normal to have this heavy usage of makeup, it’s more to enhance your looks and not change it)
As I got older I realized that seeking acknowledgment from others isn’t where it’s at so it became more for myself. 
So yeah, I like makeup. It can be a lot of fun.

Of course makeup isn't a necessity for women. As with everything, it's a matter of personal choice. Speaking as a straight male, I do like to see some red lipstick and mascara on a lady, but I think when it's overused, makeup can do more damage than good In terms of enhancing someone's appearance. I hear it's not great for the skin, either.

I love my make up. I love buying it. I love dressing up.

I'm also very lazy.

I don't care much, but I think I prefer women without makeup. The person I'm with doesn't wear any make-up and I don't mind. Don't care if they look "worse" without it either, it's what humans look like. Ridiculous that some companies actually require women to wear make-up, but I guess it's on the same level as wearing a suit or a blouse in a corporate professional setting - which I don't get much either. Aesthetics have their place, but I get it in some domains more than in others.

If you have a skin condition than you are probably better off treating it by other means than covering it with makeup - if that's even a consideration, I don't really know. In a dating scenario, sooner or later the other party will see you without makeup anyway. I get the whole self-expression angle that developed more over recent decades but I have the same opinion on it as I have with tattoos, piercings and hair dyes - not my cup of tea, but it's your business. I'm just wired in a different way and prefer a very plain style.

I don't like to wear makeup for the most part. I used to wear lots of it when I was working. I felt it was part of the workplace for some reason, I don't know. I haven't worn any makeup for years and years. Lately though I've been thinking about a little lip gloss and maybe some eye makeup, but I think that stems from my need to have male attention that I'm not getting at home, so it's a false illusion for me.

As for nails, I used to LOVE doing my nails, I don't know why, I think that it just looks so pretty for a lady to have pretty nails. I'm not talking painted fake claws lol...just well manicured nails, I like French manicure, not too long. But my husband says nail polish makes him sick so I gave it up. I would have to say unwillingly.

I do dye my hair though. I've been fully gray since I was 17 years old, so I keep my hair it's original red colour. I don't style my hair, I let it air dry with my natural curls.

Even though I stay home pretty much 24/7, I make sure I at least get dressed every day and keep myself looking good. (Getting dressed for me is wearing my nice pj's btw lol)

Well I never thought I'd be commenting on a thread about make-up, but here goes!

For what it's worth from a guy perspective, I'm always a bit confused about what make-up is for and why it's insisted on so much. It always seems like a bit of a fib, and there always seems to be pressure for girls to look like each other. It reaches a point where some girls look like clones of each other, completely removing their own look and character.

Do you have to wear make up?? No, no and no. Don't feel pressured into it, if you enjoy it then by all means use it, but the idea that girls have to be made up to impress is largely false. What girls don't realise is just how much A) Guys can see through the stuff and actually like what's underneath and B) how much a guy can like a girl without it.

As a soppy, and frankly downright "Eugh" example, I used to date girl who spent hours on her make-up before we went out. We were usually late for everything and she didn't like even as much as a peck on the cheek when she was all dolled up because it would blemish things. I really noticed the contrast when I started dating my wife, she uses hardly any make-up and we could smooch the evenings away. We still do, in fact. See, said it was "Eugh"!!!

Where I would make a distinction is that it can be helpful to be well presented, if someone goes on a date in a hoody and slippers while smoking a roll-up it probably won't help their chances.

Just be yourself, someone will love you for it.

I don't wear it.

Anyone else can do as they please.

But some do it better than others. So it can be yay or nay in terms of application. Some look like a clown while others gorgeous. Since it's mostly a personal choice other opinions shouldn't really matter. Unless there's some dress code at a work place.

I wear makeup sometimes, and when I do wear it, I make sure it's natural looking. I try not to wear too much of it anymore. I rather have a natural look, than cake a bunch of makeup on. But I know everyone is different. :)

Make sure to put in on correctly so it doesn't look weird. Ha! Ha!

iu

I don't think I should apply me lipstick while I'm eating my liquid chocolate croissant.

I use a little, not nearly as much as when I was younger but do feel better when I'm wearing it

I get treated better when I'm wearing makeup so I almost always wear it. I look kind of miserable and angry without it. Sometimes the fact that I'm wearing it deters me from crying so that's useful (I'm a cry-baby).

did you know that make up was introduced to humans by the gods and that in ancient times men wore makeup more than women???

Latest posts

Back