Positivity & Appreciation ❤️

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissBehave

Cry Baby
Reaction score
I want to try to notice and feel more of the positive stuff in my life, either it's within me, in the world or in someone else. 
So here goes.

Almost got my car stuck in the snow omw to work but I managed to wiggle it out! All stressed out and late for work but it was good in the end. Phew ❤️

I really appreciate this post.

I've been sleeping very well for awhile now. A lot of morning grumpiness has disappeared and my days seem easier to get through. I even feel sharp enough to do math.

MissBehave: Getting stuck in the snow is scary...I'm glad you got out! I'm not a good winter driver, we have a lot of ice in this area and my tires are okay, but not made for icy conditions.

Amy: Congrats on getting more sleep! Lack of sleep is so debilitating!

As for me, I'm grateful for the sun shining today. I get S.A.D. and seeing March sunshine puts a spring in my step no matter how miserable life can be at the moment. I'm also a million times grateful that my beautiful dog is recovering from her illness and that I didn't have to make THE decision. That would have destroyed me emotionally. I'm grateful for every moment I have with all of my pets. They are sweet and fun to be around, they are the embodiment of love. I'm also very grateful for seeing my woods. Last May I bought my first home and I have 1.6 acres of birch trees and they are so beautiful, especially in the winter. I have woods! How fun is that?

I'm grateful for having level-headed and sensitive/compassionate people support me. The positive tonight is that I got to have a quiet dinner on my own, no food got stuck, no anxiety and drama. :)

This only applies if you've got something to be positive and appreciative about. I'm struggling to think of anything.

Forgottendanfan said:
This only applies if you've got something to be positive and appreciative about. I'm struggling to think of anything.

I get that feeling. I don’t have much to be that happy about either. 
Lots of troubles and issues. 
But, there is something to be found in the small things in life. 

I’m thankful for my dog. She is wonderful and has a fiery spirit. ⭐

MissBehave said:
Forgottendanfan said:

Likewise for my cats. Animals gravitate towards me much more than people ever have. I prefer animals anyway.

Forgottendanfan said:
MissBehave said:
Forgottendanfan said:

Likewise for my cats. Animals gravitate towards me much more than people ever have. I prefer animals anyway.

Me too! 
I like their honesty and simplicity.
I used to have 2 cats but not anymore. 
What’s your cats name?

MissBehave said:
Forgottendanfan said:
MissBehave said:
Forgottendanfan said:

Me too! 
I like their honesty and simplicity.
I used to have 2 cats but not anymore. 
What’s your cats name?

I'd rather not say on the public forum, just in case anyone identifies me from "real life" by the names of my cats. I'll drop you a private message.

There is a kitten at my workplace.
A beautiful orange kitten. 😽
Can hardly be anything better than having a purring happy little guy in my arms.

I have a great appreciation for virtual marathons and such. I signed up for a month long, virtual walk with an addiction group. I am excited to see how many km I log by the end of April.

It's hard to feel positive, let alone hopeful. I'm 33, just got into college as a very late starter, and the surgeries I want are supposedly covered and going through. I should be happy but life just seems to be one compounding catastrophe after another, and of course I'm very lonely. Trying my best to look for the good things.

You're already ahead of a lot of people. I am stuck from mostly my own doing. But probably from natural lack of ability too. Some perspective from someone older and not really as successful as I'd like to be. You got time still.

Latest posts

Back