onoipnfpqh3 hqkqnfpqfv-

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suedehead42

Reaction score
I am new here, and so far I have never seen so much criticism about a forum from its own members. People are leaving left right and centre, and citing various people for this.

Everyone seems to be on one big downer and I understand what a few of them have been saying. I know this IS a place for the 'lonely souls', but as far as I am concerned it shouldn't be a place to BE lonely.

I may be the only person here, and I mean no disrespect- who actually has an active life style, quite a lot of friends, and generally does enjoy there what they do. I am however quite shy, and do find myself feeling lonely in this existence at times, and I came here looking for some answers.
I don't mean to sound like an ignorant arse then, but it does seem like quite a bitter forum, or at least at the moment.

I am happy to try and help people as much as possible, and share experiences and the advice that would follow. But there must be a point to all of it. For example, vanity is something I have to deal with a lot from others already- but most people here seem to think that looks determine the amount of friends they have, or the quality of their days.

I know that this is all probably wrong, since I have spent so little time here. I just want to know if anyone actually does want to see there loneliness through? I came here with the pure intention to leave, once things were at peace- with some new friends! Then I wanted to probably join the 'It's a happy life' forum and skip back and forth on a rainbow.

Is all this normal?

I mean, if there was a question I would want answered from the people of this site, it would be, 'When was the last time you were truly happy?'

Sorry for being a git, or confusing. Just want to cut my loses if this is the deal. Everyone thus far seems fab, but I don't want to be threatening to stick my head up my own arse by the end of my stint. There is much more I can offer of myself, and hope to share it with someone eventually- but I don't think I will wear my heart on my selve quite yet.

The end

well I have actually seen my lonelyness through there are quite wonderful people here ^^
but because some of my friends are on here I come back anyway. I do not think this site
his horrible at all, it's fun and interesting (and good if you're really bored!!!)
I do NOT regret meeting anyone I met here. even if I didn't get along with one person quite too
well, just because of one argument doesn't mean I hate the website xD

suedehead42 said:
I am new here, and so far I have never seen so much criticism about a forum from its own members. People are leaving left right and centre, and citing various people for this.

Everyone seems to be on one big downer and I understand what a few of them have been saying. I know this IS a place for the 'lonely souls', but as far as I am concerned it shouldn't be a place to BE lonely.

I may be the only person here, and I mean no disrespect- who actually has an active life style, quite a lot of friends, and generally does enjoy there what they do. I am however quite shy, and do find myself feeling lonely in this existence at times, and I came here looking for some answers.
I don't mean to sound like an ignorant arse then, but it does seem like quite a bitter forum, or at least at the moment.

I am happy to try and help people as much as possible, and share experiences and the advice that would follow. But there must be a point to all of it. For example, vanity is something I have to deal with a lot from others already- but most people here seem to think that looks determine the amount of friends they have, or the quality of their days.

I know that this is all probably wrong, since I have spent so little time here. I just want to know if anyone actually does want to see there loneliness through? I came here with the pure intention to leave, once things were at peace- with some new friends! Then I wanted to probably join the 'It's a happy life' forum and skip back and forth on a rainbow.

Is all this normal?

I mean, if there was a question I would want answered from the people of this site, it would be, 'When was the last time you were truly happy?'

Sorry for being a git, or confusing. Just want to cut my loses if this is the deal. Everyone thus far seems fab, but I don't want to be threatening to stick my head up my own arse by the end of my stint. There is much more I can offer of myself, and hope to share it with someone eventually- but I don't think I will wear my heart on my selve quite yet.

The end

Actually, suedehead, you are a bit off the mark. :p There are plenty of folks around have friends, a good life, etc. I have a husband, a young daughter, and big family, etc. :D You ARE correct about the recent outbreak of folks leaving the forum. I think that sometimes, people expect too much from this forum. This forum won't solve anyone's probelms. It may help a bit, but it's called A Lonely Life. Lonely doesnt always equate to depression. I've met quite a few people on the forum who, although a bit sad or lonely, are truly awesome people. I think a place like ALL is meant for a stopping place in some people's lives. I like to believe that I've made a difference for a few people here. :) And I've gotten many hours of mindless entertainment in the chat. :p Honestly, there are some truly special people here. Of course there are some that are always miserable and can't seem to overcome whatever it is that makes them this way. Some of them can be bitter and hateful, but I have sympathy for those, more than anyone else. They do need support, but it's hard sometimes, when they don't seem to want to accept any advice. The forum has its ups and downs. Right now it's in a down-swing, but I'm sure things will get better. Maybe you should check out the chat? Not quite to much negative stuff there. :) Anyways, please be patient with everyone and I'm sure that you will enjoy some of the time you spend here. :)

cheers

One thing that anyone should ever do is make generalisations about the people who use this site. Pure and simply, its about what it says on the tin... its not going to cure someone's depression, neither is it going to make someone who is shy suddenly become a party animal.

It can offer support, give advice ... but life changes, in those who desire them, are down to each individual.

Steel said:
One thing that anyone should ever do is make generalisations about the people who use this site. Pure and simply, its about what it says on the tin... its not going to cure someone's depression, neither is it going to make someone who is shy suddenly become a party animal.

It can offer support, give advice ... but life changes, in those who desire them, are down to each individual.

Well said.

The chat room is a bit active sometimes . There's more traffic in thar.
I not too serouse in thar, it's easy going in there. I just go in there
and talk to people about wahtever.

Yeah..Eve is right...I keep expecting her to divorce her husband , sell her kid and elop with me
but somehow she and i can't see I to I on this matters.....Fuuuu Eeeee that girl just don't get it...
She has no desire to make necessary changes so whatever. :p

Lonesome Crow said:

Yeah..Eve is right...I keep expecting her to divorce her husband , sell her kid and elop with me
but somehow she and i can't see I to I on this matters.....Fuuuu Eeeee that girl just don't get it...

RFMAO!!!!!! Your just too funny, Crowe! :p

Naleena said:
Lonesome Crow said:

RFMAO!!!!!! Your just too funny, Crowe! :p

lol...and yes. Some people on this site are happy to answer suede's question.

I get truely happy all the time. But I love this place. It's my home on the internet. The place that will accept me when I'm sad as well as when I'm happy.

Safe. Never meant to be negative, just really wanted to say something about it. People were making me doubt the genuineness of the site. I am know I was clearly mistaken, people have been so far lovely. Just guess I wanted a little reassurance, and just felt like being blunt I guess.

Was just the first day or so, and having a few people seem so compelled to complain was daunting I suppose. And you cannot of course generalize people here, depression isn't quite as cliche as so many people think.

I'm staying 100% anyways, I like everyone. I can be a moody shite hawk, but then everyone will just have to get used to it :p

EveWasFramed said:
suedehead42 said:

Is all this normal?

The end

Actually, suedehead, you are a bit off the mark. :p There are plenty of folks around have friends, a good life, etc. I have a husband, a young daughter, and big family, etc. :D You ARE correct about the recent outbreak of folks leaving the forum. I think that sometimes, people expect too much from this forum. This forum won't solve anyone's probelms. It may help a bit, but it's called A Lonely Life. Lonely doesnt always equate to depression. I've met quite a few people on the forum who, although a bit sad or lonely, are truly awesome people. I think a place like ALL is meant for a stopping place in some people's lives. I like to believe that I've made a difference for a few people here. :) And I've gotten many hours of mindless entertainment in the chat. :p Honestly, there are some truly special people here. Of course there are some that are always miserable and can't seem to overcome whatever it is that makes them this way. Some of them can be bitter and hateful, but I have sympathy for those, more than anyone else. They do need support, but it's hard sometimes, when they don't seem to want to accept any advice. The forum has its ups and downs. Right now it's in a down-swing, but I'm sure things will get better. Maybe you should check out the chat? Not quite to much negative stuff there. :) Anyways, please be patient with everyone and I'm sure that you will enjoy some of the time you spend here. :)

cheers

LOL eve which one am I? I'm guessing the "Of course there are some that are always miserable and can't seem to overcome whatever it is that makes them this way."? Idk I try and try, but I will never give up even if the grass won't be greener on the other side for a long time.

Chris 2 said:
LOL eve which one am I? I'm guessing the "Of course there are some that are always miserable and can't seem to overcome whatever it is that makes them this way."? Idk I try and try, but I will never give up even if the grass won't be greener on the other side for a long time.

Perseverance will carry you far, Chris. Perhaps you should think about taking some of the advice that folks are giving you. It's well-meant and only aimed at helping you. No one likes to see other people struggle, Chris. Myself included.

If I may...

Suedehead, I too am quite content right now. I got a great job, a social life that is much more healthy than it has been in some time, and my heart sings its love freely.

I think that everyone has their spells. There have been times where I do get really down and can see nothing positive. Ithink that many of us feel just by expressing this they feel so much better. I can't just blurt out at work how horrible I feel, how sad I am when I get down. But here, I can let my heart flow. When the sadness and sorrow fills my heart I just let it pour out. SOme people listen, some could care less. But in the process I have felt better about myself, and made a good friend in the process.

I know I have offered time and time and time again any comforting words, to talk, to listen, a shoulder to cry on, etc...to anyone. So very few have ever taken me up on that.

I'm glad this isn't a place where people slap a happy face on when they're down.

EveWasFramed said:
Hijacc said:
Droplet said:
I'm glad this isn't a place where people slap a happy face on when they're down.

Slapping hurts why would we do that...Pssh

Speak for yourself, Hijacc.

:club:

lol, jk:p

O_O Why everyone want to hurt Hijacc
*hides*
Hijacc is nice sleepy kid want to hurt Hijacc all the women want to beat me....
I Is a sad panda...T.T

Latest posts

Back