You are Amazing!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheRealCallie said:
Rodent said:
It's neither. Religious debate is merely not permitted, but that's irrelevant. People have the right to say whatever nonsense they wish to say based on on their beliefs, within limitations set by the administration. You have the right to counter a perspective you don't like, but everyone is entitled to their own.

Wouldn't that make it a debate, thereby breaking the limitations set by said admin?

Depends on the definition of debate...and counter. You can simply disagree for once. But I think you can counter a perspective that's religiously influenced without explicitly discrediting the supernatural element. Otherwise it becomes pointless because everyone could hide behind it.

TheRealCallie said:
Forgottendanfan said:
Abstamyous said:
^There are people here who appreciate his views, just as people appreciate yours.

I believe this forum should be apolitical and certainly areligious.

But it's not your forum, so you don't make the rules.....

I personally thought the post was a bit more preachy than his posts usually are, but you could always just ignore the post or block him if you don't like it.

I didn't say I make the rules. I thought a neutral stance on politics and religion was fairly standard practice on this type of forum. And no, I'm not going to block someone for their opiion. I'm not a ten year old girl.

Forgottendanfan said:
I didn't say I make the rules. I thought a neutral stance on politics and religion was fairly standard practice on this type of forum. And no, I'm not going to block someone for their opiion. I'm not a ten year old girl.

But how does this invalidate neutrality? You can be neutral by allowing both sides, religious and atheist, liberal and conservative etc. to state their opinions, extremism aside.

Rodent said:
Forgottendanfan said:

But how does this invalidate neutrality? You can be neutral by allowing both sides, religious and atheist, liberal and conservative etc. to state their opinions, extremism aside.

Comments on religion and politics are notorious for causing problems.

Forgottendanfan said:
Rodent said:
Forgottendanfan said:

Which is why debates aren't allowed.....

TheRealCallie said:
Forgottendanfan said:
Rodent said:
Forgottendanfan said:

The kind of religious spiel "Sir Joseph" came out with is likely to cause a debate. That's all I'm saying.

Forgottendanfan said:
TheRealCallie said:
Forgottendanfan said:
Rodent said:
Forgottendanfan said:

The kind of religious spiel "Sir Joseph" came out with is likely to cause a debate. That's all I'm saying.

Hasn't yet....well, not until you.

TheRealCallie said:
Forgottendanfan said:
TheRealCallie said:
Forgottendanfan said:
Rodent said:

In fact, we're having a bigger debate about how it will cause a debate than about the actual content of the post. Which is likely just gonna get skipped over because people walk past it as they would with a street preacher.

Rodent said:
TheRealCallie said:
Forgottendanfan said:
TheRealCallie said:
Forgottendanfan said:

In fact, we're having a bigger debate about how it will cause a debate than about the actual content of the post. Which is likely just gonna get skipped over because people walk past it as they would with a street preacher.

Because I made a point and everyone jumped on me for it.

Forgottendanfan said:
Rodent said:
TheRealCallie said:
Forgottendanfan said:
TheRealCallie said:

You gave an opinion...a rude one at that.

VidaLivesNow said:
Hey everyone! 

It's been a while since I posted but I'm happy to be back. 

I hope everyone reading this knows that you were put on tis earth for a reason and that you are wonderful and deserving of love. 

Here is an article that I found on 30 ways to practice self-love and be good to yourself. 

Number 14 really resonated with me. "Be patient but persistent." Self-love isn't always easy and takes practice. But it's a necessary journey. 

Sending positive vibes your way 

https://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/30-ways-practice-self-love-and-good-yourself.html

I agree with some. I don't agree with others. I wouldn't call these life hacks. They are simply some motivational posts. Not everyone can digest them. It purely depends on the state of the individual's mind. While I appreciate your effort on posting this, others may not have the same opinion. We are all allowed our own perspectives. However, thank you so much for taking your time and effort in sharing these. The thought itself to send out some positivity to others, that counts and that probably matters more than the content.

TheRealCallie said:
Forgottendanfan said:
Rodent said:
TheRealCallie said:
Forgottendanfan said:

You gave an opinion...a rude one at that.

I'm no ruder than you.

Syber Tiger said:
[video=dailymotion]http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjhCEhWiKXk[/video]

Do you mean you can't see the article?

Syber Tiger said:
Do you mean you can't see the article?

Nah, he didn't pick the right platform when embedding the video.

[video=youtube]http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjhCEhWiKXk[/video]

I'll make one follow up post here to address the multitude of comments, then move on since it's not my desire to argue with anyone.

Apparently, Forgottendanfan appreciates his right to express himself and feels permitted to counter Vidalivesnow's view by saying "I hate articles like this. Absolute waste of time. Mumbo Jumbo" as long as it reflects no political or religious basis.  And while others here allow him to express his own perspective, he's the first to criticize me for doing the same thing - in a much more kind and respectful manner I might note.  Hypocritical or not, such intolerance is unreasonable for a forum, where different views, values, and perspectives are inevitable.  In fact, that's what makes a forum interesting, and sometimes such diverse views influence or help participants along the way.

I thank the other members here who recognize the desirability for free speech.  And while that does entail avoiding debates or being antagonistic, racist, or hateful, it certainly does not exclude any political or religious perspective on things.

Since the 1947 Everson vs Board of Education Supreme Court decision, the country has been replacing our Christian heritage with a mandate for separation of church and state, thus taking God out of the public arena.  This has emboldened Atheists and others to believe that they should have freedom from religion, rather than freedom of religion.  In other words, some people don't want to see or hear anything that might remind them of God, or especially the Christian faith.  I'm not sorry to say that such people need to recognize reality along with America's history, traditional values, and Constitutional rights.  As long as a majority of Americans hold Christian beliefs, their speech, writings, and views will often reflect those beliefs.

Fortunately, we live in a country where one's values and beliefs can generally be expressed, leaving others to accept, ignore, or reject them.  In this thread's case, I supported Vidalivesnow's claims but politely refuted her conclusions.  I wouldn't expect a committed Atheist or someone with an empty heart to agree, but to those open to influence, I feel compelled to share the most important truth in life: that we're here to love God and to love others, not ourselves.

Latest posts

Back