Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone fancy doing it.
I saw this thread on another forum.It's called A. M A...Ask me anything.I don't mind.It doesn't have to be structured you can dip in anytime with your own A.M.A,no worries about interrupting. 
I'll start just in case no one else wants to but would be great if you could take part .

I'm Epileptic A.M.A Smile

ADVERTISEMENTS
How does it affect you in your daily life?
Any major dude with half a heart surely will tell you, my friend....any minor world that breaks apart, falls together again.
Thanks for the question Forgottendanfan.I suppose the answer is not a great deal.I've just started driving again because they took my license away for a year to make sure I didn't have any more seizures before I'm let loose on the roads with a lethal weapon that a car could obviously be.I'm taking medication for it now and problems with sleeping can be a pain including really vivid dreams that wake me in the night but I'm grateful I'm not on the most delibilating end of the spectrum for epilepsy. It can be a real nightmare for some incorporating constant seizures including at night which can really affect your way of life I can only imagine how upsetting that can be..My heart goes out to the kids that have it being a father and for the parents it must be a constant fear that a serious seizure could happen at any time and just seeing the less extreme episodes of epilepsy must be a real worry for them.
I've changed a few things in my life that can lead to triggers the most important being trying to reduce the stress that I suffered before I had my first Grand mal seizure.Also I've stopped drinking which is great being another trigger which can cause seizures.I get forgetful like with names sometimes and I eat proper meals not skipping with Mars bars anymore because I've heard this is very important .But I'm relieved I've been given the ok to drive again because it is essential to my job and I did miss it being a petrol head aswell.So upshot is I'm very lucky that it hasn't made a great deal of difference to my daily life .If your interested forum 4E is very instructive about the disability. It affects millions of people world wide especially the young and the older in society and is very useful in case a friend suffers from it or god forbid if any of yourselves start displaying symptoms because believe me there are quite a few.
Thanks again.

ADVERTISEMENTS
Did you find it hard to stop drinking, or was it just a minor lifestyle change for you?
Any major dude with half a heart surely will tell you, my friend....any minor world that breaks apart, falls together again.
Good question. No , looked up Grand Mal seizures ,drinking can cause seizures,didn't want my wife and kids to see me like that again , gave up drinking,don't miss it atall.So I suppose it was a minor change but instantaneous but I wasn't a big drinker maybe once or twice a week.

How about yourself have you an AMA?

Also thanks for taking part,without yourself it wouldn't be happening. I'm sure Finished would have helped us out..hope he's back soon from his adventures.
You're very welcome. I might have more questions to come.

I guess I could start my own A.M.A. , but there doesn't seem much point if there's only going to be one participant.
How old were you when it began?
The world is all around us, so tell me what you see
Hi ,thanks for the question. I'm early 50's ,from being diagnosed to now it's been a year.I haven't had any more seizures or other less dramatic signs of epilepsy since then and I'm on the lowest dose of medication you can have so I'm lucky.Even daja vue is another sign I've learnt recently which I've experienced alot over the years .Babies can now be diagnosed, yes that early, and a new App that enables doctors to see early signs and help with early treatment has been recently developed because it has led to learning difficulties in the past with late diagnosis. Strange spasms and weird movements are recognised as a possible early sign.So any age you can be diagnosed but as before more in the young and older in age.Thanks again for taking part.

Hopefully someone else will AMA..go on we don't bite Smile
(04-03-2021, 06:12 PM)Just Games Wrote: Hi ,thanks for the question. I'm early 50's ,from being diagnosed to now it's been a year.I haven't had any more seizures or other less dramatic signs of epilepsy since then and I'm on the lowest dose of medication you can have so I'm lucky.Even daja vue is another sign I've learnt recently which I've experienced alot over the years .Babies can now be diagnosed, yes that early, and a new App that enables doctors to see early signs and help with early treatment has been recently developed because it has led to learning difficulties in the past with late diagnosis. Strange spasms and weird movements are recognised as a possible early sign.So any age you can be diagnosed but as before more in the young and older in age.Thanks again for taking part.

Hopefully someone else will AMA..go on we don't bite Smile

Oh, didn't know that it can't be diagnosed in adult age. Thanks for sharing.
Do you use any 'supervision" App if there are any? Do you take a note(or smth with your diagnosis and contacts of your family) with you in case you have a seizure? I've read about such notes.

P.S. I'm sorry I'm not sure how AMA works. Like "I'm from Russia, A.M.A."?
If so I can join )
The world is all around us, so tell me what you see
Interesting. I just finished reading a book that mentioned that President McKinley's wife had epilepsy and he went out of his way to care for her even while he was in office.

How did you find out that you have epilepsy? I'm guessing that you have no memory of the seizures?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  fancy dress, anyone? Help! kelbo 5 4,787 05-07-2010, 02:44 AM
Last Post: Minus
  Has anyone worked in a fancy restaurant? gyneco 4 1,716 01-16-2009, 10:12 PM
Last Post: Van Hooligan X