UK meetup?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forgottendanfan

Reaction score
When/if the pandemic restrictions are finally lifted, would any of my fellow UK based forum members be interested in doing some kind of meet up, maybe somewhere like London or Birmingham?

Isn't it easier to plan out and focus on today, rather than planning for unknown?

I am not from London. So nope. But I am curious to know about what exactly do you have in mind for a meetup? Drinks? Pizza? Fish and chips? Or any other activities? I am genuinely curious to know the options available there. Would you mind sharing?

Sanal said:
I am not from London. So nope. But I am curious to know about what exactly do you have in mind for a meetup? Drinks? Pizza? Fish and chips? Or any other activities? I am genuinely curious to know the options available there. Would you mind sharing?

Well, I was hoping I'd get some interest from people, and then we'd discuss options. Nobody's expressed interest in the idea, so I don't see the point in taking it any further.

Forgottendanfan said:
Sanal said:

Well, I was hoping I'd get some interest from people, and then we'd discuss options. Nobody's expressed interest in the idea, so I don't see the point in taking it any further.

I see. I don't think there are many people from UK here. Those who are, I dont think they are that much active. That's probably why there aren't any responses. I maybe wrong. But that's what I think.

Sanal said:
Forgottendanfan said:
Sanal said:

I see. I don't think there are many people from UK here. Those who are, I dont think they are that much active. That's probably why there aren't any responses. I maybe wrong. But that's what I think.

Agreed! I've been a forum member here (on and off) since my son was born - so we're talking from about 2009 on. This forum is WAY less active than it used to be. Your idea is good one, Forgottendanfan - I understand your discouragement, but perhaps this forum isn't the best place to introduce such an idea. As Sanal says, you're counting on several things: UK members, those members being active, the pandemic, etc, etc. 

Perhaps there's a UK-based website, similar to this one out there? Not sure as I've never searched for something like that. Or perhaps just a meet-up site? Not necessarily for 'lonely' people as such, but just people looking to meet others.

ringwood said:
Sanal said:
Forgottendanfan said:
Sanal said:

Agreed! I've been a forum member here (on and off) since my son was born - so we're talking from about 2009 on. This forum is WAY less active than it used to be. Your idea is good one, Forgottendanfan - I understand your discouragement, but perhaps this forum isn't the best place to introduce such an idea. As Sanal says, you're counting on several things: UK members, those members being active, the pandemic, etc, etc. 

Perhaps there's a UK-based website, similar to this one out there? Not sure as I've never searched for something like that. Or perhaps just a meet-up site? Not necessarily for 'lonely' people as such, but just people looking to meet others.

I think you're right, Ringwood. I've picked probably the worst possible time to suggest a meet up event, plus this forum is definitely quite Americentric.

I’ve tried to organise a London meet up but didn’t work. People showed interest but that’s it.

There was a UK meetup that kinda worked once I remember... long time ago though maybe 2014.

Cavey said:
There was a UK meetup that kinda worked once I remember... long time ago though maybe 2014.

I remember that.  I was kinda jealous that you all made it happen like you said you would. 

The forum was livelier back then though.  There was a completely different vibe to the place.

I did remember that, vaguely.

It would have been cool to go to something like that if it were around me...although I wasn't the easiest to get along with back then, so you probably wouldn't have wanted me around and I can't say I'd blame you. I was pretty angry. I'm not really happy now either, but it's for somewhat different reasons and it's more sadness/regrets than anger these days.

I wish I hadn't been so mad back then, cause my life was much better then in every way.

TheRealCallie said:
There are more people that are active from places other than America, actually.

LIES.

The whole planet IS America.

[youtube]5UDkRpqO-b0[/youtube]

TheSkaFish said:
I did remember that, vaguely.

It would have been cool to go to something like that if it were around me...although I wasn't the easiest to get along with back then, so you probably wouldn't have wanted me around and I can't say I'd blame you.  I was pretty angry.  I'm not really happy now either, but it's for somewhat different reasons and it's more sadness/regrets than anger these days. 

I wish I hadn't been so mad back then, cause my life was much better then in every way.

Oh come on.  Angry you and Angry me in a room together.  THAT would likely be pretty entertaining :p

Latest posts

Back