Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting high and being sober
lol, yeah, okay, you know all about me, huh?
Want to talk?  Check out the CHAT ROOM 
[Image: 190023__17637.1549904052.jpg?c=2]
(04-08-2021, 03:21 AM)Finished Wrote: ^ Yes, many people don't recover.

(04-07-2021, 09:14 PM)TheRealCallie Wrote: You say things like that, but yet you also say that drugs and alcohol aren't bad for some people and you give people alcohol, knowing full well they could already have a problem or help them continue with their problem.  Those homeless people would likely have been just as grateful for juice or soda or water or even actual food so they can stay nourished.

I've seen way too many people struggle with alcoholism as well as drug addiction.  It's not a good thing....ever.  It might make you forget about shit for a bit, but it always comes back, usually worse, making them drink or do drugs more to stay away from reality.  Not to mention the long term side effects from both alcohol and drugs.

Yes, I give them alcohol just like the store gave me alcohol which is just fine by the government.

Well, some people cannot be happy without some kind of mind altering substance. I didn't use to believe that. It goes against what the "experts" say and what is taught. However, I have changed my mind. I know I was happier when I was drinking as I already mentioned. People also liked being around me because I was a fun drunk. I became positive and outgoing. BTW, I've also interacted with quite a few homeless and street people. I spent many nights, drunk, right along with them, on strangers front lawns, and where ever I ended up passing out. But, while I was drinking I felt so wonderful. I also could remember how wonderful I felt. I still remember how wonderful I felt.

The old long term bums on the street find way more joy in enjoying a drink then having a nice meal. I did as well. They light up like a Christmas tree when you hand them alcohol. If you give them food, which I also have done several times, it's like okay I guess I need that thanks. As I said I did it several times. It was the same reaction every time. I understand that you have a mental block in believing what other's experience. But, you should try to believe what others say at least sometimes instead of insisting your non-experience beliefs trump whatever others say they actually experience.

Yes, many people struggle with drug and alcohol addictions. If someone can only be happy while on drugs then maybe they should stay on drugs. How many users on here have been depressed for years with very little to no improvement? Should someone stay clean and be unhappy for the rest of their lives? Sometimes a person can't have both. The government believes this as their policies help people get and stay on drugs. They just want to be the drug dealers not those other "bad guys" on the street or at least receive the tax revenue from it.

It is politically correct to say drugs are bad. Yet illegal and legal drugs are everywhere and being used now more then ever. Now..... people that want to get off their addictions, are able to do it, and can be happy without the drugs then that's perfect. But, not everybody can do that. So, instead of torturing those people on a regular basis, making them feel bad, having them fail rehab after rehab, just let them enjoy their drugs. Again, this is the policy the US government is taking because they realize not everybody can be clean.

(04-08-2021, 12:44 AM)Azariah Wrote: I didn't mean to be advocating drugs. was just saying that there's more than one perspective to look at life, and the more perspectives you have the better.

Don't back track. You brought up a very good thing to discus. Timothy Leary wanted to find that out too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Leary

(04-08-2021, 01:55 AM)TheRealCallie Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 01:52 AM)Azariah Wrote: it's like looking at a sculpture. it looks nice in one point of view but the more point of views you have the more you can judge which point of view looks the greatest and you get a better idea of what you're looking at.

That makes sense, but if you continuously look at something from the views of an altered method, aren't you in danger of losing reality?

Who's reality? What reality are you taking about. I've noticed that my reality and your reality are completely different. You pretend to care about others yet if they don't believe exactly like you do then you bash them, single lonely guys who express their pain and anger for one. Shouldn't we be more accepting of others and their views? That's what I think a caring person would do. But, that's my reality not yours.

Reality is unique to each person's mind from their perceptions of the world.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/...is-reality
Maybe an altered state of mind is a good thing for some people who's input gets interrupted as crap.

Be very careful, Mr Finished. You'll be accused of harassment!  Big Grin
Any major dude with half a heart surely will tell you, my friend....any minor world that breaks apart, falls together again.
(04-08-2021, 03:21 AM)Finished Wrote: The old long term bums on the street find way more joy in enjoying a drink then having a nice meal. I did as well. They light up like a Christmas tree when you hand them alcohol. If you give them food, which I also have done several times, it's like okay I guess I need that thanks. As I said I did it several times. It was the same reaction every time. I understand that you have a mental block in believing what other's experience. 

That's an interesting take on it but it's also rather fatalistic in that it assumes hopelessness. People are also a lot more vulnerable while intoxicated and likely to do things that get them in trouble.
While I wouldn't want people to be constantly unhappy either, I want to say that happiness itself is ultimately not the best way of measuring life quality. Happiness is a fleeting state of mind and it only exists in contrast to negative states to compare it to anyway. That doesn't mean there shouldn't be a fair balance of course.
Sometimes I wake up in the morning and I go...
[Image: d8mV4rP.gif]
Personally I feel like anything beyond weed, and maybe psychedelics, is a dangerous game. And even then, it can be done too much.

I also feel like there's a big difference between weed and other things. I wouldn't mind living near someone who smoked weed, or seeing someone smoke weed. I would NOT want to be anywhere near someone shooting up anything, and I wouldn't want to live near anyone like that either.

Substances might offer different perspectives, but I feel like some of these perspectives are more trouble and risk than they are worth.

nm

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Новый сервер Lineage2 High Five nightmare78 0 1,184 09-04-2015, 10:22 AM
Last Post: nightmare78