Loneliness Research Study, Interviews Needed!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hightemplarr

Reaction score
Hello! I am a student at the University of Central Florida and I am needing to do primary research for my composition 2 class. The topic I have been studying all semester is loneliness and, more specifically, chronic loneliness which through my research I believe should be at the forefront of issues we need to address as a society today. For most of the semester, I have been looking at research articles focusing more on objective facts of loneliness which I feel goes against the very nature of loneliness being the subjective lack of social support. Thus, I have come to all of you.  

Whether you have or are currently suffering from any form of loneliness, I would humbly ask you to partake in an interview for my primary research. This interview will be through text with pre-written questions, so no face-to-face interview, and will ask a variety of questions pertaining to loneliness within your life. This research will then be used to write a research article detailing my findings and any patterns I may see within the interviews I acquire; this information could be sensitive and thus you may include to opt out any information you do not want in there at your discretion. Going into detail is key, and thus could be related to personal aspects of your life.  

My main goal is to treat this information and any interviewee with the utmost respect due to the possible sensitivity of the information, so if you have any questions specific to your answers and how they will be used you may ask. Though once the final draft for the research article is submitted, I will no longer be able to make any more changes. Follow-up questions may be asked at a later date, and this form will close within the next few days. Thank you for reading, and I hope you may participate in my research! 

Note: If you do not want to click on the forms link, feel free to answer in the comments or PMs.

1. [font=Calibri, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif][font=Calibri, Calibri_EmbeddedFont, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif]How old are you?[/font][/font]
  2. [font=Calibri, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif][font=Calibri, Calibri_EmbeddedFont, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif]What gender do you identify with?[/font][/font]
  3. [font=Calibri, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif][font=Calibri, Calibri_EmbeddedFont, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif]What sex are you?[/font][/font]
  4. [font=Calibri, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif][font=Calibri, Calibri_EmbeddedFont, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif]What race are you?[/font][/font]
  5. [font=Calibri, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif][font=Calibri, Calibri_EmbeddedFont, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif]What is loneliness to you? How would you describe it within the context of your own life?[/font][font=Calibri, Calibri_EmbeddedFont, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif] [/font][/font]
  6. [font=Calibri, Calibri_EmbeddedFont, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif]Do you still suffer from chronic loneliness or have you “[/font][font=Calibri, Calibri_EmbeddedFont, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif]recovered?[/font][font=Calibri, Calibri_EmbeddedFont, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif]” Go in depth.[/font][font=Calibri, Calibri_EmbeddedFont, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif] [/font]
  7. [font=Calibri, Calibri_EmbeddedFont, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif]Did certain events in your life lead you to becoming [/font][font=Calibri, Calibri_EmbeddedFont, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif]chronically[/font][font=Calibri, Calibri_EmbeddedFont, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif] lonely (Break up, splitting of friends[/font][font=Calibri, Calibri_EmbeddedFont, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif], etc.[/font][font=Calibri, Calibri_EmbeddedFont, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif]) [/font][font=Calibri, Calibri_EmbeddedFont, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif]and if so, what did and how do you believe it did so?[/font]
  8. [font=Calibri, Calibri_EmbeddedFont, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif]Did certain aspects in your life lead to you becoming chronically lonely (Unsatisfactory life conditions, lost job, etc.) and if so, what did and how do you believe it did so?[/font][font=Calibri, Calibri_EmbeddedFont, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif] [/font]
  9. [font=Calibri, Calibri_EmbeddedFont, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif]How do you believe chronic loneliness[/font][font=Calibri, Calibri_EmbeddedFont, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif] has[/font][font=Calibri, Calibri_EmbeddedFont, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif] impacted your life? Go into detail.[/font][font=Calibri, Calibri_EmbeddedFont, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif] [/font]
  10. [font=Calibri, Calibri_EmbeddedFont, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif]How have the effects of chronic loneliness made you feel? Go into detail.[/font][font=Calibri, Calibri_EmbeddedFont, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif] [/font]
  11. [font=Calibri, Calibri_EmbeddedFont, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif]Has mental health played an impact in how loneliness has affected your life?[/font][font=Calibri, Calibri_EmbeddedFont, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif] [/font]
  12. [font=Calibri, Calibri_EmbeddedFont, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif]Did these effects of chronic loneliness hinder your abilities to break free of this loneliness?[/font][font=Calibri, Calibri_EmbeddedFont, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif] [/font]
  13. [font=Calibri, Calibri_EmbeddedFont, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif]Have you done anything to counteract chronic loneliness? If yes, what specifically did you do?[/font][font=Calibri, Calibri_EmbeddedFont, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif] [/font]
  14. [font=Calibri, Calibri_EmbeddedFont, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif]Do you believe these efforts rewarded a decrease in the effects or eventual passing of chronic loneliness[/font][font=Calibri, Calibri_EmbeddedFont, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif]?[/font][font=Calibri, Calibri_EmbeddedFont, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif] [/font]
  15. [font=Calibri, Calibri_EmbeddedFont, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif]Was there help more outside assistance from friends, family, or a therapist or did you have to personally do something to help yourself?[/font][font=Calibri, Calibri_EmbeddedFont, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif] [/font]
  16. [font=Calibri, Calibri_EmbeddedFont, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif]If you have not worked to counteract chronic loneliness, what do you believe has prevented you from doing so? Go into detail.[/font][font=Calibri, Calibri_EmbeddedFont, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif] [/font]
  17. [font=Calibri, Calibri_EmbeddedFont, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif]How do you believe chronic loneliness may be counteracted? And by what means do you believe would be most effective in your own experience? [/font][font=Calibri, Calibri_EmbeddedFont, Calibri_MSFontService, sans-serif] [/font]

Much as I might like to participate in your study, Hightemplar, alas your hyperlink is broken.

Latest posts

Back