LiVING IN ASSISTED LIVING

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaylon

Reaction score
Do we have any members living in Assisted Living. It's a definite form of being lonely.

If you have any questions about my living arrangements just ask.

Hello again. I responded to your previous posts. I even read all your blogs on the other site you posted on. But, then you didn't log back in for a long time. I'm interested in your assisted living situation because I will end up in one in the future. My dad looked into them and seemed to like them. But, he died before he moved into one.

TheRealCallie said:
Isn't there other people there to talk to?  Not sure how much freedom you have in assisted living
Yes There are other residents that I can talk to but I still live alone in my apartment. I have complete freedom but still abide by the current COVID 19 restrictions. I am getting my adopted cat tomorrow and I am excited about that.
Most of the residents here all have cell phones but are not computer literate.

jaylon said:
TheRealCallie said:
Isn't there other people there to talk to?  Not sure how much freedom you have in assisted living
Yes There are other residents that I can talk to but I still live alone in my apartment. I have complete freedom but still abide by the current COVID 19 restrictions. I am getting my adopted cat tomorrow and I am excited about that.
Most of the residents here all have cell phones but are not computer literate.

I think internet can also be a good place to socialize with people. And maybe when you're feeling sad, you could also try playing some games on your phone, it could distract you from other thoughts. 
The thing is you're not alone. Even though for example, people from forums like these seem like ghosts because you can't meet them face to face, we're all here to help each other and we do that the best as you can. So basically, you are never alone. 
I know it can be really hard when you close the door to your apartment and feel like no one can hear you, no one there to make you smile or share a story with.. But your heart is never alone, there are millions of hearts feeling the same way as you do, millions of hearts who are in need of friendship. And friendship unites all these hearts together even though they don't know of each other's existence.
I know it sounds like a cliche, but it's not. You're not alone, we're all here for you.

Latest posts

Back