"You're doing it wrong"

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't know where along the line literally every single person became a drone that subjects you to this impressing-game but I hate it. Let's get something very clear. I am honest and I am polite and I don't run my mouth unless I have something to say. I have been laid off a job recently, in which I was the second most productive person, simply because the management decided I was too much of "a quiet person" and I didn't just go all out with my little mask when customers were in my face. Most people who claim they want all these former attributes I noted in a person are full of it. I do not have tons and tons of vast interests that tons of other people share. I do not want to participate in all the 'normal' things most people do. I am a "boring person" in a world where people rely on other people for mere entertainment like an idiot box away from home. I do not relate to ANYTHING. I don't think hanging out at bars is fun. I don't think I need a billion casual acquaintances. Most music people listen to is horrible and the bookstore is no longer filled to the brim with things that will enrich you. I do not get fidgety and overly unhappy when there is not "something to dooooo". In a woman, I need a lot more than just "someone who cares", and "someone who can make me laugh". I almost never take the mega extreme side in things because most truth is in the 'middle' where the numbers aren't. I understand, from extensive study, people watching, etc, WHY a lot of things are the "norm", but I don't see any objective goodness about most of it. Look, when I'm by myself, which is a lot of the time, I sit around, I eat, I lift weights maybe, I listen to tons of music, sleep, write. It's not extraordinary and I'm tired of dealing with people who act like even their private home life is a big exciting dance party. Is there anyone I can hang out and "be boring with" without sweating the whole time worrying about being a bore or burden to them?

I'm also foreseeing the age in my future in some years where the women will have "gotten their yayas out" and now think they all deserve heaven and earth from me as a man merely because "it's the past" raarrrwwrr rawrrr. Well, I'm sorry, I'm not interested in that and in being, once again, the square peg another person tries to shove in a round hole. Sure, I've done scummy things, but it's not your obligation to carry the baggage for me, thanks.

Has anyone here noticed that the groups with the biggest amount of members are the ones that get the most upset when you, being one small person, don't fit into them? When will the goldfish wake up to this huge fantasy land?

It causes me pain, and I do have many faults I'll admit to, but I'm not "doing it wrong" and get tired of being treated like I am. I don't try to get the whole world to join MY club.

I don't think this is as focused and as expressive a post as I'd like it to be, because it's 3:41 in the morning, and it's gonna come off like a bunch of random prattling and whining. I dunno. I'm going to post it anyway and see what happens.

I hear you. Sounds like you and me got a lot in common, although I really don't pay as much attention to the groups and what others are doing as I am happier doing my own thing and ignoring most people. But then, I didn't have to deal with being laid off for being quiet. Seriously dude, that's rough.

While I am probably not as quiet as you, I don't always want to be involved in the unneccessary talk and nonsense that goes on. Just hanging out and "being boring" is probably a far better way to live. There are other people like that out there, but maybe if they are as quiet as you then they may be a little hard to find.

lol i am a pretty boring person too ^^;
I go to school, go home, clean, play mindless hours of videogames...sleep...get up
go to school...go home...oh there's hw tonight...yaay...sleep. lol, yep. Boring ol' me.

SleepyKid said:
I go to school, go home, clean, play mindless hours of videogames...sleep...get up
go to school...go home...oh there's hw tonight...yaay...sleep. lol, yep. Boring ol' me.

Aww your not boring :D

Hijacc said:
SleepyKid said:

lol you just think that way <3
I like it.

SleepyKid said:
Hijacc said:
SleepyKid said:

I like it.

And thats why yu love meh. ;)

Hijacc said:
SleepyKid said:
Hijacc said:
SleepyKid said:

I like it.

haha yessuh

SleepyKid said:
Hijacc said:
SleepyKid said:
Hijacc said:
SleepyKid said:

I like it.

haha yessuh

lol :p

Latest posts

Back