Let me introduce myself !

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldenrose

Reaction score
Hi  :shy:  I'm goldenrose, I'm 22 from the UK and figuring out what it means to be lonely and how to accept being alone. I'm really excited that I found this forum and the chance that I can hopefully meet people who relate to me! But first let me explain my story a little bit.

I haven't always been alone if were talking in a literal sense, I had people around me for a long time as a teenager whilst struggling with life and issues into adulthood. It's only in the last year or two that I realised these people were not really my friends. I didn't actually have a connection with them. I didn't really get along with them, but I pretended to for myself so that I had people around... and have now distanced myself from them as I don't think they were healthy for me to be around. I've made a lot of major growth and self change in the last year, majorly turning around my mindset and my life to try and be the happiest version of myself. But feel stunted as I spend so much time alone, I think because I wish there was someone in my life who related to this change and transition with me.

I think all I've really wanted is that genuine connection with a friend that really understands you, that gets you. Relates to you on things you love and enjoy doing. What I'd do to sit with someone and talk about everything you're passionate about and want to achieve in your lifetime. Of course I feel everyone can relate to this, but it's currently my main focus to find, and I'm confident I'll come across them soon  :)

Nice to meet you all! Hope you're all well  :D

I've had a lot of friends I couldn't find connection with either and I first started questioning this back when I was 15/16 years old. I couldn't understand that it's okay to have it that way, that it's okay to have friends you can't find a connection with so I distanced myself from them. I didn't see the point. I guess some might still think this way but as I got older, I'm realising that I'll always meet people from all walks of life and even if I can't find a connection with them and even if I have the choice to abandon those interactions, I can also choose to keep them and just keep an open mind.... you can learn a thing or two sometimes from them too.

I'm rambling. Welcome, goldenrose. :)

Welcome to the forums

Welcome to the forum. Where abouts in the U.K. are you writing from? I'm in the midlands.

ladyforsaken said:
I've had a lot of friends I couldn't find connection with either and I first started questioning this back when I was 15/16 years old. I couldn't understand that it's okay to have it that way, that it's okay to have friends you can't find a connection with so I distanced myself from them. I didn't see the point. I guess some might still think this way but as I got older, I'm realising that I'll always meet people from all walks of life and even if I can't find a connection with them and even if I have the choice to abandon those interactions, I can also choose to keep them and just keep an open mind.... you can learn a thing or two sometimes from them too.

I'm rambling. Welcome, goldenrose. :)

It's comforting seeing someone go through where i am right now, can feel guilty doing it but its definitely better for yourself <3

Minus said:
Welcome to the forums

Forgottendanfan said:
Welcome to the forum. Where abouts in the U.K. are you writing from? I'm in the midlands.

thankyou! I'm from the south  :D

Hi :shy: I'm goldenrose, I'm 22 from the UK and figuring out what it means to be lonely and how to accept being alone. I'm really excited that I found this forum and the chance that I can hopefully meet people who relate to me! But first let me explain my story a little bit.

I haven't always been alone if were talking in a literal sense, I had people around me for a long time as a teenager whilst struggling with life and issues into adulthood. It's only in the last year or two that I realised these people were not really my friends. I didn't actually have a connection with them. I didn't really get along with them, but I pretended to for myself so that I had people around... and have now distanced myself from them as I don't think they were healthy for me to be around. I've made a lot of major growth and self change in the last year, majorly turning around my mindset and my life to try and be the happiest version of myself. But feel stunted as I spend so much time alone, I think because I wish there was someone in my life who related to this change and transition with me.

I think all I've really wanted is that genuine connection with a friend that really understands you, that gets you. Relates to you on things you love and enjoy doing. What I'd do to sit with someone and talk about everything you're passionate about and want to achieve in your lifetime. Of course I feel everyone can relate to this, but it's currently my main focus to find, and I'm confident I'll come across them soon :)

Nice to meet you all! Hope you're all well :D
Hello there!

A remarkably upbeat introduction. All very relatable too, despite the age difference (48).

I hope this forum works well for you.

Latest posts

Back