Broken

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shale

Reaction score
Hi am just looking for an outlet...found out this morning my husband has flown across the world to meet his online affair.  

Am devastated and feeling very alone now.  Not sure what to do.

Welcome to the forums.

I am so sorry that you find yourself in that situation. It is very difficult.

PpMinus said:
Welcome to the forums.

I am so sorry that you find yourself in that situation. It is very difficult.

Thank you. It is devastating. He does not know I know though.

Welcome.

I am sorry about your husband's infidelity. I hope that you can find release here, and some healing.

I need to be strong and figure out what I need to do. Will give it a few days for me to cry my eyes out. I have not told anyone hence the need to find an outlet. It is hard to go through this alone. He was my best friend.

Well, IMO, make absolutely sure you are correct. Maybe it's not really what you think it is. Again IMO, prepare for the worst but don't act on it until you know for sure. Also you should probably should discus it with him when he gets back in a safe place with other people around.

Finished said:
Well, IMO, make absolutely sure you are correct. Maybe it's not really what you think it is. Again IMO, prepare for the worst but don't act on it until you know for sure. Also you should probably should discus it with him when he gets back in a safe place with other people around.

I have seen the chat on our computer he has been bad mouthing me to her. He jumped on a plane yesterday to fly half way across the global to meet her. She was driving to meet him at the hotel.

He said he needed to fly and get out of the country since we have not been able to travel anywhere for over a year now.  Said he was stressed.  I thought I was being supportive. Thought he was my soulmate.

Only found out after he left.  So right now he is with her.

Finished said:

Thank you for your thoughts though..

Shale said:
Hi am just looking for an outlet...found out this morning my husband has flown across the world to meet his online affair.  

I am so sorry that you have to go through this.   I know how it feels and I can feel your devastation.   Pick up the phone and call him and tell him that you know.   Unfortunately, this is not an easy road ahead.   Just remember this-- it is no way your fault.  This is on him.  No matter what you did or what you didn't do, he could choose integrity and work out his problems.  I hope that he sees what he is doing is wrong and changes his poor behavior and tries to restore your marriage.  I will place you in my prayers. God bless.

I am sorry to hear this. I can only imagine how painful it will be for you. I hope you can find the strengh to be brave.

Hey Shale, I'm so sorry to read about this. It's heartbreaking and so painful to find out in such a shocking way too. I do hope you'll find the strength to get through this and figure out how best to deal with this.

If it helps to vent or just talk about it, you know you can do that here. Big hug to you.

Shale said:

Omg! That's horrible. I don't know what to say, but that's horrible. 

This Forum is very helpful and feel free to contact anyone you feel comfortable talking with.

We're all here for you! *hugs*

You're welcome here Shale, with everyone feeling sympathy for you in this difficult situation.  

I may be too late for this first comment.  But, if you're still waiting for your husband's return, you might consider letting his trip play out uninterrupted - for two reasons.  First, to see how it affects him.  Will he come home feeling shameful and regretful of a mistake, or will he hide behind lies and deception that shows no love or loyalty to you?  In other words, he's started a mistake by leaving, but the true effects haven't played out yet.  His heart will be more accurately assessed after he comes home from the trip.  And second, you can use this time to think about what you want to ask or say, to ponder what's wrong with your relationship, and to pray for strength and wisdom.

I hope you two can work things out, but no matter how it goes, remember that you're not alone - ever, in this life or world.  Here's an encouraging song for you.

Latest posts

Back