Anyone here have diabetes ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  • Be more active. Regular exercise can help keep your blood sugar levels on track. Important: don’t exercise if ketones are present in your urine. This can make your blood sugar go even higher.
  • Take medicine as instructed. If your blood sugar is often high, your doctor may change how much medicine you take or when you take it.
  • Follow your diabetes meal plan. Ask your doctor or dietitian for help if you’re having trouble sticking to it.
  • Check your blood sugar as directed by your doctor. Check more often if you’re sick or if you’re concerned about high or low blood sugar.
  • Talk to your doctor about adjusting how much insulin you take and what types of insulin (such as short-acting) to use.
Also, stay clear of sugar unless your blood sugar drops. Learn about the Glycemic Index of foods. That way you can help predict what your blood sugar levels will do when you eat certain things. The key is to keep your blood sugar from spiking and from plummeting. Coming up with a regular eating schedule that works best for you helps too. After a while you can tailor a group of meals that work best for your blood sugar level.

Thanks for the replies

@Finished

Thanks for the suggestions ,

I myself have started eating a bit less these days , whenever i can i eat cucumbers and oatmeal for my dinner .

But our main problem is rice , That is our main food and its easy to prepare unlike wheat foods .

I get easily fed up of chappathis .

I don't eat much meat either these days , maybe once a week i eat a beef biriyani . You can google that if you are not familiar .

Exercising is something that is really good for you if you have diabetes , yes .

I am still a student of accounting .

From morning to evening 6 i work and after i come back from work i continue my Accounting and SAP studies .

And by the time i finish rest and studies , it will be 10 PM at least . Then i go to sleep .

So finding time for exercise is harder .

Maybe i can start working out after i complete this course .

After this accounting course is over , i wont be following anymore studies .

@mgill

Thanks for the links , Very informative and nicely organized .

I have bookmarked it .

Tobakki3 said:
whenever i can i eat cucumbers and oatmeal for my dinner .
But our main problem is rice , That is our main food and its easy to prepare unlike wheat foods .

I don't eat much meat either these days , maybe once a week i eat a beef biriyani . You can google that if you are not familiar .

I have a sugar issue as well. BTW I eat a snack instead of dinner. It consists of oatmeal with cinnamon with water, carrot sticks, cucumbers, and sauerkraut.

I also used to eat white rice about four times a week. I had a nice rice maker and it was super easy to make perfect rice every time. I could even toss in some raw fish close to the beginning of the steaming cycle and I would have a quick, easy, tasty meal. I switched to making noodles out of squash with a cheap device off Ebay. It worked pretty well. But, then I switched to eating Gluten free noodles made out of mostly, yep, brown rice. Ha! ha! It's hard to totally give up rice. It goes with everything.

Beef Biriyani looks good. Try switching to using noodles made from squash. You'll get used to it and even like them. You can still eat rice sometimes you just have to eat fatty slow to digest food along with it. It will slow the sugar spike.

Thanks for the reply ,

The biggest problem is most of the Indian foods are rich in carbohydrates .
So i have to be very selective when choosing food .

Some say drinking Indian gooseberry juice is good to lower the blood sugars .

I have also decided to workout from today evening .
I have not fixed the time yet but i am going to start at 9pm or 10 pm depending on my mood

Working out is not that easily possible due to studies and work .
But i can easily try harder to control what i eat .

Maybe i should become a vegetarian

I am going to become a strict vegetarian from today . starting now .

I have tried this before , its a bit dull but this time i am going to be a lot more stricter

Can you work out while you study? Pen in one hand, weight in the other? Book propped on treadmill? Book on floor while you do pushups? Get creative, you could probably do something while you study. Ohhh, they have under the desk peddle things.

Also, being a vegetarian doesn't necessarily make you healthier. There are a honeysuckle ton of unhealthy vegetarian options out there. (I haven't eaten meat for almost 20 years and I've been vegan for 5 or 6 years)

@TheRealCallie ,

That is impossible for me because i cant afford a treadmill at home .
I am working out without machines .

I turned to vegetarian because i am afraid of cholesterol issues , therefore i am avoiding meat

For the past few days my diet is this ,

Morning

Dosa.jpg

Lunch

fish-curry-with-coconut-milk-and-basmati-rice-580944.jpg

Evening

Roti-Indian-Flatbread.jpg

Night

oat-milk.jpg

:cool:

Yes , i have read about that .

I am planning to bring it below 100 , that would make me really happy .

I have been following a strict diet since the past 2 months and its nice to see it working in my favor

:cool:

Latest posts

Back