Newskees

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FunkyBuddha

Reaction score
Hey ALL,

I’m Funky (he/him/it/dude).

Not sure what to put here so it’ll be more stream of consciousness than anything.

I wouldn’t say I’m shy or anything I just find it hard to make a real connection with someone or wanting to with most haha. There have been a few in the past but I admittedly screw those up.

The only person I hang out with is my teen daughter. I had her at 15 so we’re both still young and I love that even though she was unintentional. I call her my “Bob Ross Baby” since she was a happy accident. Only thing is her mom, my baby mama, makes it difficult (unintentionally) to see her as much as I’d like.

So I spend most of my time at home “working” as I’m technically self-employed but can do what I need to anywhere as long as my phone has service. I go out to meet people (women specifically ngl) but I rarely connect on the level I’d like. And so far my experience on dating sites has been sadly humorous as again no issues with meeting or matching but finding no intellectual stimulation (plenty of the other type but not my endgame).

So now here I am occupying space and consuming time with all of you lovely folks. I haven’t given up or anything. I guess it would just be nice to have a place to poke my head in every once in a while and blather occasionally.

-Buddha out.

if you don't have any issues attracting women then you are very fortunate to have the genetics to eventually find a suitable partner. your situation is one in which effort and hard work can actually pay off so best of luck to you in this endevour.

having options but not finding any of them suitable is an extremely envious position to be in. being completely invisible to women myself, i am certainly quite envious of men like you who were born with the physical attributes that i and other men are so lacking.

Hey you know what they say Mgill “grass is always greener” and I don’t know of anyone’s situation who couldn’t be improved with a little work. It’s the not trying that is the nail in the coffin. I mean if you have a 1/1000 shot you’re better off to just get crackin than complain about the odds.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

FunkyBuddha said:
Hey you know what they say Mgill “grass is always greener” and I don’t know of anyone’s situation who couldn’t be improved with a little work. It’s the not trying that is the nail in the coffin. I mean if you have a 1/1000 shot you’re better off to just get crackin than complain about the odds.

thanks FB.  sadly, i have put in the work for many years with zero to show for it-not even a single date in 8+ years. in my case, things are never going to improve unless very short, bald, below average looking older men somehow become attractive to women.  sometimes giving up is the only solution to staying sane.

Welcome to the forum funkyBuddha

Mgill, quit hijacking the threads. You post this honeysuckle everywhere about how you're screwed because you're short, bald, and your face is messed up. But you've showed us all a photo and you look FINE.
If you want to continue on in this delusion that your looks are the issue, then go ahead. But not EVERY thread has to contain your bitching. FFS

Finished said:
Welcome to the forum.

^ ****. I missed the photo. I've spent more time in the games section. Oh well. Ha! ha!

believe me-you did not miss much at all

mgill said:
FunkyBuddha said:

thanks FB.  sadly, i have put in the work for many years with zero to show for it-not even a single date in 8+ years. in my case, things are never going to improve unless very short, bald, below average looking older men somehow become attractive to women.  sometimes giving up is the only solution to staying sane.

I mean if you're gonna give up go ahead lol it doesn't affect me any.

Just came to give an intro bro, not get pulled into a pity party about how you think your looks are holding you back.

We're all going through our own stuff and not all of it is related to "looks".

FunkyBuddha said:
mgill said:
FunkyBuddha said:

I mean if you're gonna give up go ahead lol it doesn't affect me any.

Just came to give an intro bro, not get pulled into a pity party about how you think your looks are holding you back.

We're all going through our own stuff and not all of it is related to "looks".

similarly, your issues do not affect me or anyone else here at all either. 

by your measure i guess anyone who posts here about their problems (which i thought was the whole point of this forum) is also trying to pull others into a "pity party"-though this is never brought up when someone expressess their loneliness issues which are not based on physical appearance.  

of course those who are attractive enough are not having issues based on their looks-that is kind of the whole point. 

btw, i think your user name may be a misnomer as buddha taught about compassion & empathy for those suffering.

Sidewinder said:
Well said, FunkyBuddha... I had to look up the definition of "solipsistic" after seeing that post, learn something new every day, lol.

so then which posts by people expressing their problems are solipsistic and which one's are not?

lol mgill you're not gonna get it but I'll run it by you one more time.

This is an intro topic for INTROs. There are plenty of other places for you to go feel sorry for yourself and try and make other's feel bad about themselves.

I don't understand why you come to the intro section to do that.

And I'm glad you think I'm cute but if looks are all you care about then I think I found the root of the problem.

btw I don't care what you think about my name and Sidewinder was referencing my little title thing, not a post since you obviously don't understand the word.

FunkyBuddha said:
I wouldn’t say I’m shy or anything I just find it hard to make a real connection with someone or wanting to with most haha. There have been a few in the past but I admittedly screw those up.
I go out to meet people (women specifically ngl) but I rarely connect on the level I’d like. And so far my experience on dating sites has been sadly humorous as again no issues with meeting or matching but finding no intellectual stimulation (plenty of the other type but not my endgame).

FunkyBuddha said:
So I spend most of my time at home “working” as I’m technically self-employed but can do what I need to anywhere as long as my phone has service.

I have to admit, whenever I see that someone is self-employed and making at least enough to sustain themselves, and able to work independent of being tied to a location, it makes me curious.  If you don't mind sharing, what do you do for work?

Some site members are so hell-bent upon being miserable that they'll constantly convince themselves that their situation is hopeless...

If they spent HALF the time getting out and meeting new people, they'd already be hooked up, lol.

Meh, you can lead a horse to water but ya can't make it drink... if they wanna be miserable, I reckon they have that choice. 

Reminds me of all the grief & anger I carried around for decades... I finally decided to lay that bag o' rocks down and give myself a break, lol.

Okay, I'm off to post where I originally intended to post, I keep getting sidetracked... it's the ADD, lol. CHEERS!!!   ;)

FunkyBuddha said:

This is an intro topic for INTROs. There are plenty of other places for you to go feel sorry for yourself and try and make other's feel bad about themselves.

And I'm glad you think I'm cute but if looks are all you care about then I think I found the root of the problem.

btw I don't care what you think about my name and Sidewinder was referencing my little title thing, not a post since you obviously don't understand the word.

You've been here for five minutes and already you're attacking an established forum member. If you're trying to make connections here, you're sure as hell not going about it in the best way.

Forgottendanfan said:
FunkyBuddha said:

You've been here for five minutes and already you're attacking an established forum member. If you're trying to make connections here, you're sure as hell not going about it in the best way.

You've chosen to argue with some one who, from his bio, is unlikely to come back anytime soon. I suppose that's one way to "win" an argument...

But read the whole thread, and take a quick look at mgill's other posts around the same time and then come back here with that "attacking" bullshit. Everyone doesn't have to just sit back and take it when you guys go on your crazy little rampages. Doesn't matter how long a person has been here. Seniority on a forum doesn't give you special privileges. Like I said, believe what you want but it doesn't have to be on EVERY thread. Shoving this crap down people's throats isn't going to gain you guys any points either.

kaetic said:
Forgottendanfan said:
FunkyBuddha said:

You've chosen to argue with some one who, from his bio, is unlikely to come back anytime soon. I suppose that's one way to "win" an argument...

But read the whole thread, and take a quick look at mgill's other posts around the same time and then come back here with that "attacking" bullshit. Everyone doesn't have to just sit back and take it when you guys go on your crazy little rampages. Doesn't matter how long a person has been here. Seniority on a forum doesn't give you special privileges. Like I said, believe what you want but it doesn't have to be on EVERY thread. Shoving this crap down people's throats isn't going to gain you guys any points either.

Err, excuse me? You guys? What crazy little rampage did I go off on? For that matter, what crazy little rampage did McGill go off on?

Seems to me, you're the one going off on a rampage.

Latest posts

Back