Anxiety on a daily basis regarding one thing

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trip313

Reaction score
I got into cars when I was 16 loved them I got my first real car spending all my money (regret) all of my buddies told me not to get the car I would hurt myself I insisted how bad I wanted the car and how I was gonna drive normal when I got it I got the car and loved it couldn't even drive it home cause it was to fast for me I got home got in the drivers seat and loved it right away week goes by boom transmisson blows the car i just bought for 10k needed another 4k I was distraught but still ready to get the car back and drive it I get the car back and boom something changed I can only be with my friend who was there with me when this accident happened I literally cannot find it in me to drive it alone and I actually dont know why I want to drive it I want to experience the fun I missed but now I just get these problems around the same summer time last year I had a issue where I would get such bad social anxiety I couldnt even hangout with my friends I remember one time I went to go to a car event with my buddies drove 15 min to his house went to get in his car and boom the stomach hurts like crazy and I have this crazy anixous feeling almost if not same feeling i get a year later trying to drive my car I know no one is gonna be able to change anything but me but like I just need some advice its the same anixety and it just holds me back I wanna go out and drive my car everyday and I keep procrastinating and my friends always give me honeysuckle "why wont u drive ur car" and i just say I dont know they dont realize how hard something so simple is for me and its really crazy how this just happens any advice tips to help this stop or anything would help thank u sorry for lack of puncuation

TheSkaFish said:
Fellow car fan here (though also with regrets/would have done things differently for my first car). 

What car did you get?

its a 99 trans am with a 6.0 swap

There is a book called, "Hope and Help for your Nerves," by Claire Weekes. There are many others on that subject; but, she was the first real pioneer in that area and covers just about everything there is to cover in that spectrum; it might be a good starting place for you. Good luck..

Get rid of the money pit.Buy a nice little car with low running costs that's easy to drive and less stress.I made the same mistakes ,big V8,s that rumble,V6,s that glide ,what a lovely feeling till they go wrong ,and they will and use up any spare cash you have.If your lucky stick it in a garage if available and forget about until your older ,have a good job and can afford to throw money at your money pit.

Soon you'll meet girls ,if not already,much more fun ,and you'll need money for holidays, concerts, fun stuff to do with them.

Money pits are made for executives on big money or rich boys not broke teenagers..just my opinion and experience.

Sounds like you equate driving it with having to spend lots of money. I agree with Just Games. Either park it or get rid of it and get a different car, a sensible car that will cost less to fix.
Have you driven other cars? Do you have this problem with other cars or just that one?

Enjoy the hell out of the car without killing anybody while you are still young. That way you won't need to have a mid-life crisis, buy a corvette, and falsely believe you are still young and crazy as you get irritated when you spill your Espresso Macchiato on the seat thinking about how to cover up your thin grey hair. Ha! ha!

Latest posts

Back