I got my first dose of covid vaccine today !!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funnylife33

Reaction score
It was covishield (aztrazeneca) vaccine .

I have to wait 3 more months for my second dose .

Advantages of a dose of vaccine ,

Researchers have identified that a single dose of the AstraZeneca (AZ)/Oxford University or the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccines can ‘significantly’ reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection

Single dose of COVID-19 vaccines ‘significantly’ reduces infections

Infections fell by 65% after first dose of AZ/Oxford or Pfizer/BioNTech vaccines

:cool:

That one hasn't yet been approved in America. My kid got the J&J shot....about a week before they stopped it to check into side effects. That was fun. lol

I don't plan to get it myself any time in the near future. I don't believe there's enough data out there to make an informed decision about it one way or the other, so I will wait. However, that said, I do take extra precautions. I wear a mask, I do what I can to boost my immune system, I carry Lysol and hand sanitizer everywhere and I just stay home more or stay away from people more.

I really don't care if anyone wants to argue with me about what I said, it's my choice and it will stay that way regardless of whether people try to shame or pressure me. I'm not anti-vax, I'm informed, researched choice.

TheRealCallie said:
That one hasn't yet been approved in America.  My kid got the J&J shot....about a week before they stopped it to check into side effects.  That was fun.  lol

I don't plan to get it myself any time in the near future.  I don't believe there's enough data out there to make an informed decision about it one way or the other, so I will wait.  However, that said, I do take extra precautions.  I wear a mask, I do what I can to boost my immune system, I carry Lysol and hand sanitizer everywhere and I just stay home more or stay away from people more. 

I really don't care if anyone wants to argue with me about what I said, it's my choice and it will stay that way regardless of whether people try to shame or pressure me.  I'm not anti-vax, I'm informed, researched choice.

I thought most of you in America was  vaccinated by now , at least that is what it says is in the Indian news media .Maybe i haven't been following proper news , Lol

I have a daughter too , She is just 4 years old .

I am not sure how long i have to wait for a proper vaccine for kids to  arrive here .

Before experimenting with that , i am going to wait a longer period just like you .

Yea , for the last 5 years i have been working in a pharmacy distribution center checking purchased packages that were coming from different places , so i use a sanitizer all the time . We need a 250 ml bottle every week .

And i still wear mask at my work place .

:)

Tobakki3 said:
TheRealCallie said:
That one hasn't yet been approved in America.  My kid got the J&J shot....about a week before they stopped it to check into side effects.  That was fun.  lol

I don't plan to get it myself any time in the near future.  I don't believe there's enough data out there to make an informed decision about it one way or the other, so I will wait.  However, that said, I do take extra precautions.  I wear a mask, I do what I can to boost my immune system, I carry Lysol and hand sanitizer everywhere and I just stay home more or stay away from people more. 

I really don't care if anyone wants to argue with me about what I said, it's my choice and it will stay that way regardless of whether people try to shame or pressure me.  I'm not anti-vax, I'm informed, researched choice.

I thought most of you in America was  vaccinated by now , at least that is what it says is in the Indian news media .Maybe i haven't been following proper news , Lol

I have a daughter too , She is just 4 years old .

I am not sure how long i have to wait for a proper vaccine for kids to  arrive here .

Before experimenting with that , i am going to wait a longer period just like you .

Yea , for the last 5 years i have been working in a pharmacy distribution center checking purchased packages that were coming from different places , so i use a sanitizer all the time . We need a 250 ml bottle every week .

And i still wear mask at my work place .

:)

Only about 50% of America is vaccinated.  The government is not happy so Biden just approved people going door to door about it.  
Some places are putting mask mandates back in effect. 

My kid who got vaccinated is 20.  My other child will not be getting it anytime soon, even though the one shot was approved for his age.  Too many cases of myocarditis and this father's family has a history of it, so no thank you. Too much risk, in my opinion.

I got the Pfizer shot - two doses.

All that happened, was that I had a feeling like a muscle knot in the arm that got the shot, for a day or two. Other than that, I was fine.

I haven't really hung out with anyone in almost 2 years. I've just stayed within my "pod" of sorts except for a few essential trips, where I wore a mask. I've gone out but only to run or walk, and I make sure to stay at least 6 feet away from people whenever possible.

It seems like we were just getting ready to re-open again...I hope this delta variant doesn't mess everything up.

No vaccine for me for many reasons. About three weeks ago I said ah f...... it, I'll just go get the **** shot. But, I discovered that the vaccine is not free. Normally healthy insurance covers the charge 100%. Then the government reimburses the insurance companies. I don't have healthy insurance and haven't for the past 12 years. So, that means that I am REQUIRED to apply and give all kinds of personal and financial information in order for the vaccination place to get reimbursed. BTW, I found all that out by called the 1800 government vaccination help line and speaking to a supervisor. I said I wanted to schedule an appointment without giving out all that information. She looked and couldn't find anywhere I could just go and get the vaccination. America has to F... up everything. It's all about control.

^That's sad. And strange: on the one hand they(goverment) want more people to be vaccinated on the other the system is so beurocratic. Here they also ask for insurance, I'm not sure what to do if you don't have any.

I got Sputnik, 2 dozes. Both times it was like a bee sting on the second day(but others people tell about feeling in a muscle, not a burniung).

^ It's not the initial reaction. It's what will happen when the embedded chip is turned on. :)

iu

I got two Astrazenacas just sore arm after the first. But still wearing my mask in all shops even though its not mandatory now. This freaks me out majority not wearing masks in shops now makes you feel the odd one out and the virus could be in the air.I remember survey saying a good majority infection caught after visiting supermarkets. In some shops no one has a mask except cashiers.
About 80%Brits vaccinated.

The Covid 19 is still alive and well out there. The vaccine is no guaranty you won't get it and spread it to others. IMO, it's best to continue to avoid crowded situations whenever you can. The super spreader events will continue to be super spreader events.

I went with the do it yourself kit.

graphic.jpg

No super powers yet, no additional voices in my head and my keys don't stick to me.
Probably better to go with a professional job.

^ Ha! ha! You might be on to something there. :) It might be best to get the Chinese version of the vaccine since it started there. It'll only work for a couple weeks like the rest of their products. But, at least it's super cheap and comes with free shipping. Ha! ha! Sure the US vaccines work for a few months longer. But, they're not worth giving up all the required personal information. Natural immunity might work the best. But, God and Mother Nature have no clue how to cure and heal people, only governments with out of control spending sprees can do it. :)

Latest posts

Back