Pets

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 16 yr old cat that I absolutely adore. I spend more time with her than I do with anyone else. Usually she cheers me up a little bit, especially when she's stretched out in the sun looking perfectly content with her life. But from time to time when I'm with her I get really sad, because she's my only friend and the only one I really talk to. It just seems pathetic, and I start longing for a human friend. Oh well, she's still the most important part of my life.

Elaeagnus said:
I have a 16 yr old cat that I absolutely adore.  I spend more time with her than I do with anyone else.  Usually she cheers me up a little bit, especially when she's stretched out in the sun looking perfectly content with her life.  But from time to time when I'm with her I get really sad, because she's my only friend and the only one I really talk to.  It just seems pathetic, and I start longing for a human friend.  Oh well, she's still the most important part of my life.

i hear you. i to long for human friends.

pets are SO cool. they never fall out with you are judge you. and are always happy to see you

I dont know what I would do if I did not have pets.  I have two dogs that I love more than anything.  They are truly the ONLY friends that I have in the world.  My life would be so empty if I did not have them. I love coming home and seeing their happy faces and wagging tails. I also love hanging out with them at the park on weekends.  
It would be nice to have a live person in my life that I could talk to, but I never have and I'm pretty sure that I never will since it has not happened yet, so in the absence of that type of companionship my dogs fill the void.  Deep down inside, I'm pretty sure that they are saving my life. I'm not very excited about being here, but the thought of leaving my dogs with no one to care for them is so painful. I'd rather endure existence than leave them without love and with an uncertain future.  They are such good little dogs and they deserve the best that I can do for them.

Sometimes my cat tries to eat my hair. This doesn't happen often, and I wonder what causes it to happen when it does. She's not trying to lick it; that's something different. I always use the same shampoo, so it can't be that. She's a strange cat. I really do love her. Eccentricities make everyone more loveable, I think.

[/color]
Mandydb2 said:
Does anyone have any pets and if you do do they help you with your loneliness?
I have a dog and to be honest if I didnt have her I would go insane, I know animals are no substitute for people but they sure help! at least they are happy to see you and like to be around you!

xx

I have been with both with people and with pets,and from those two I prefer the second ones.Why?Just because pets don't have many difects like humans.The people is envidious,selfish,cruel.Pets will never hurt you.Pets can do so much for our health and happpiness.I love pets to death and I will never change the love of my two dogs for any man's love.

Ha, great thread! I had a beagle for nearly fifteen years and he was utterly fab! He was a big baby, always loved attention and he wasn't shy about letting anyone know it either. Greedy little sod though,  our old oven door used to swing open - so one day he spied an oppertunity and somehow managed to drag an entire chicken into the back garden, promptly stripping the whole thing to the bone before we were any the wiser!

He was very sternly told off for his transgression and he **** well knew he had been a bad boy, so as a token of his remorse he tried to swipe the roast potatoes too!:D

Still miss the old hound now. His unconditional friendship was something you just can't get from another human ( well very rarely).

I have a three year old Jack Russell called Tommy. I got him as a pup and he has turned into a wonderful dog and companion. The only problem with him is he is a real little determined hunter, and he chaises all of the birds and ducks away at the lake, the people who feed them aren't very impressed by this. Thank god he hasn't caught any!!

I don't have any pets right now--I had a cat growing up that was a sweet friend. When we'd go to the bed to lie down and cry after getting yelled at or beaten, he'd come on my lap and pur. A sweet, wonderful animal! He finally had to be put down since he was getting really old and peeing all over my mother's clothes and furniture. I love him forever, the best cat in the history of the world. He was a brown colored tabby with darker stripes and a taffy colored belly. He had huge, luminous green eyes that looked like green marbles, and he looked at you with such intelligence and kindness.

I have a Yorkshire Terrier 'Misty' and a parakeet 'Violet' both trained by me. They do help when you are alone and sad. However, be careful animals can also pick up your vibes and become depressed themselves. This happened to my Misty and she started laying there not wanting to do anything, like me. She is fine now, but this made me worst,. Knowing I could cause sadness in a creature that is so beautiful. (sorta made me hate myself more)

nena said:
I have a Yorkshire Terrier 'Misty' and a parakeet 'Violet' both trained by me. They do help when you are alone and sad. However, be careful animals can also pick up your vibes and become depressed themselves. This happened to my Misty and she started  laying there not wanting to do anything, like me. She is fine now, but this made me worst,. Knowing I could cause sadness in a creature that is so beautiful. (sorta made me hate myself more)

Maybe thats what happened to my dog. When I was depressed and stopped walking him, he would just lay down and do nothing. But now I feel abit better and have started walking him again, he's full of energy and ready to go!!

- Blue Sky I am glad you started feeling a bit better. Taking care of that pet (friend) he/she will never leave your side. Pets are true friends, at least I believe so.

Latest posts

Back