A girl spoke to me :D

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Caesium

A miracle occurred. A girl spoke to me on her own initiative today.

We were wrapping up presents to send to poor kids in Modolvia, and she wasn't very good at it, so I helped her with it, and then she was like "oh hey, you live in bla bla, right? I've seen you around a few times. You play the guitar right? Cool, I play the guitar as well, bla bla bla bla bla etc."

Ok, it was a very short 'conversation', but it's better than nothing :)

Maybe one day I will have the confidence to talk to girls on my own initiative. There is always hope.

Believe in yourself and you can achieve anything.

Caesium said:

That is great:) I remember how that can feel.

hey man, that great, I'm happy for you.

A girl that talk to you should be normal I would think.

Last year I was approach by a few girls, all were white, and very lovely and outgoing, of course last year I had social anxiety so I couldn't even talk to them. When a girl see that your shy, it a turn off right away.

So hey if u like her ask her out for coffee. Say like "hey I'm not doing anything later on, you got any plan? If so you like to grab a coffee or and talk about X subject"?

Unacceptance said:
It's not that hard. Since they are people too.

do you EVER contribute anything remotely positive or help this forum in anyway?

Drake said:
Unacceptance said:

Drake, that was unfair. He contributes LAUGHTER. People here need that.
Kudos to you, Unacceptance! :)

EDIT: Unacceptance had a very dry sense of humor. Some people don't get him.

EveWasFramed said:
Drake said:
Unacceptance said:

Yeah, I'm like Andy Kaufman. Plus that was helpful, I am pointing out that he need not fear women, they are not some spooky other lifeform, they are regular people and there is no need to be morbidly afraid of them as if they are going to damage you in some way.

But as far as positivity, no, someone has to balance out all the good. I'm a necessary evil.

Personally I find Unacceptance's posts to be some of the best here. Theyr'e all either really up front, or they all contain this thick, syrupy...snippety..blatant sarcasm. Only way I can put it. It's like I'm reading through all of our posts which tend to be kind of sad, and here he comes with "Well blahblahblah". And I laugh.

Unacceptance said:
....I am pointing out that he need not fear women, they are not some spooky other lifeform, they are regular people and there is no need to be morbidly afraid of them as if they are going to damage you in some way.

But as far as positivity, no, someone has to balance out all the good. I'm a necessary evil.

See what I mean? I love it, because I *do* kind of fear women. Not like I used to, but I still do a little. To me they sort of *are* another life form. But he just made a joke out of it, so I can laugh at it and make a little more progress. I mean seriously, wtf are we *really* so afraid of?

His forum title thingy is even funny. 'The glass is half full of poison'.

EveWasFramed said:
Drake said:
Unacceptance said:

Unacceptance said:
EveWasFramed said:
Drake said:
Unacceptance said:

Yeah, I'm like Andy Kaufman. Plus that was helpful, I am pointing out that he need not fear women, they are not some spooky other lifeform, they are regular people and there is no need to be morbidly afraid of them as if they are going to damage you in some way.

maybe people dont want to be joked about every time they make a serious thread asking a serious question....odd I know...well, you're just annoying to me.

hey friends this is my post here
i from india
i am feeling very much depress now
i am 26 years of age
i still now have fear to talk to girl
till now i doesnt have any girlfriend to talk
its so much irritatable,
by seeing other with the girl friend feel jwelous and depress and helpless
i recently proposed a girl which is the only female friend i am having
she just say no to me and say i am not accepting such from
i am totally shattered
i just cant say any thing to her
i just scared to make friendship with girl
please help
if you have any advice
please give
thanks

Congratulations Caesium, it's nice to feel that sense of acceptance when people talk to you from all different races, religions, backgrounds, gender, etc.; when anyone doesfor that matter, but I know when it's a girl it can feel like a special acceptance :]. Anyway, I'm glad to hear your positive experience.

Caesium said:

A miracle? :D That is cute. I'm sure if she knew you felt that way, she'd be flattered. I'm not telling you to tell her, but if she knew, she'd feel special. Anyway, I'm sure that will start happening to you more often.

Chris 2 said:
Last year I was approach by a few girls, all were white, and very lovely and outgoing, of course last year I had social anxiety so I couldn't even talk to them. When a girl see that your shy, it a turn off right away.

Honestly, I'm not sure why the first part mattered. The second part is not true. A lot of girls actually like shy guys.

Hi Santosh. I'm getting used to this forum myself having just joined last week, but it seems to me it helps people to know each other and for threads to stay organized if new people post a new thread in the new members forum.

I say this because I was a little confused from your post that did not seem to follow from this original thread, where the last post was November 1st. Two people also replied after your post, but in response to the original thread, because they probably saw the date you posted, but read and replied to the original without actually reading yours.

Anyway, that being said, I really wanted to reply to your post because you clearly sound so terribly lonely and sad.

santosh said:
i am totally shattered
i just cant say any thing to her
i just scared to make friendship with girl

I was touched by your post. I am someone who is also 26 years old, feeling terrified of talking to people. In conquering the terror, I would recommend to you and to anyone to dedicate yourself to regular meditation. A few minutes a day, to breathe deep and to reconnect with your deepest soul, has the potential to change your heart if you are open to it.

In my search for inner peace, I found it critical to remind myself of the wonderful truth that I somehow am always aware of 'subconsciously'. If I don't take the time to remind myself of the great truth, the more distracting things of day to day life can easily mask it from having the positive influence it should in my life.

In more concrete words, I think you should see for yourself that it is not natural to look at other people in happy relationships and expect that the same thing should automatically appear for you simply because you want it. Even though it may seem easy for others, that is an illusion that you have assumed based on what you see superficially. All truly intimate relationships grow over long time, and any one who says otherwise is wrong or is talking of another matter not involving true intimacy. In fact, the very terror that may prevent you talking to girls may have it's root in the fact that you are being extremely hard on yourself to expect a girl should marry you before you are both ready for it.

It is natural that when you sense a soul connection with a girl you might want to get to know, your impatience may tempt you to feel upset that it will take a long time to discover your intimacy together. But the surest path to the heart of the girl you love is resisting the temptation to be forceful or desperate, or anything else that stops you from being the man that deserves her love. If you want to help a woman to marry you, I think you have to show her she has no reason to doubt that you will be happy together. I believe every one of us can connect with our true soul mates, but only when we have the power to rise over the fear and do what it takes to express your true love and deep respect to the special person, in a way they understand.

Thus I recommend meditation every day to help you return to your true stable path, and ease more smoothly over the ups and downs that come into your life all the time.

For me, I need to remind myself how I am connected to every person that will ever live, and also that no matter what, as long as I breathe, I am perfectly safe. I need to remember that so I can feel safe really seeing and listening to others, even though I don't know what they will say, and even if it takes a long time to really understand them and feel sure they in turn see me and listen to me.

Remember your connection with the earth and reflect on your connection with the cosmic order. I think it will help you to be more relaxed, and confident, and know the right things to say when talking to girls.

A key to good conversation is keep it simple: talk about her, and about the place where you are, and about yourself. The words to tell her are already in your soul, you simply have to remember the way to listen deep down. People insult comments like this when they don't have the courage and dedication to pursue their own true path, so I hope you do not let the doubters get in the way of you finding true love and happiness.

I send you an infinite 'future hug' that will always be there on your journey.

Okay. Small update on this situation. I never spoke to this girl again after this incident, although I'm not too unhappy about that, as she wasn't really my type - she has far too much energy and is a bit 'ditzy'. Furthermore, she smokes like a chimney and hangs out with the other "bad/rebel" kids who all skip classes to go outside and smoke. Such is life.

Don't let appearances deceive you, get to know the girl before you fall in love and have a crush.

Early in January, I had spoken (in real life, face to face) quite a lot to another, different girl, who seemed really nice. However, she doesn't talk to me at school, and has stopped replying to my emails. She's also begun to hang out with the previously mentioned "bad/rebel" group. I suppose having no friends is better than having bad friends?

Caesium said:
I suppose having no friends is better than having bad friends?

Truth

And yea, little things like people noticing you can really make your day better.

Latest posts

Back