One Year Later...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeverMore

Reaction score
I've been here a year now, it was last year's Halloween night that I joined ALL. I can remember how terrible things were then, well into my second year in college and had no friends(still after the third attempt to join a group), absolutely no social communication at all, I would go days without talking, I was depressed as hell, wasn't even sure who I was, my only friend in the world(a cat named Nigel) had recently died of cancer, I couldn't sleep at night over past regrets of love lost, I felt like I was slowly losing my mind and my life was falling apart and there I was living on the sixth story of a building, wouldn't believe how often I thought of jumping out that window.

Then I found ALL that night, and started posting. Sure it wasn't directly talking to people, but it was like being rained on after walking through a desert, at least then I had some place to communicate with people and tell stuff to, like if someone hit me in the head with a frisbee or if I walked into an unusually large amount of parked cars that day etc. Seeing other people going through the same thing as me made me feel less lonely, that at least I wasn't alone in being lonely, and that was a comforting thought. Definitely this place and the people here cheered me up when I needed it the most so I'm not doubting that people here saved my life most likely.

Now one year later things are going much better. I'm still facing a slew of problems some new, some old but I feel like I'm able to handle them better now. I'm no social expert or anything by far, I still have plenty of social anxiety and all that jazz, but I now have at least some people to talk to most days of the week,not too much socializing but it is a start just enough to not stress me out too much but enough to make me not feel lonely and recently I feel like my head is finally clear for the first time in several years, I can think straight again and it shows, I am doing well in all of my classes and find them more interesting and engaging as ever.

So thank you everybody for being supportive and some of the kindest people I've ever known. I'll feel down in the future, sure, happiness is a moment by moment thing and by no means permanent but I think I will do just fine, and a lot of that is thanks to you all and there are no words that can describe my gratitude to you all:)

*End of cheesiness*

ya thats good to hear you're doing better nevermore.
I joined here about a year ago as well, it was sometime in november. i was a mess, still am, but i'm going about it a little more noncholalnelty.

This place has really helped me as well. Just a place that gives me something to just having something to read and write about, really helps the long nights go by faster.

everyone here is pretty rad especially you nevermore. You're a pretty cool guy

cheers for a new years

:)

I am glad things are looking up NeverMore. I am also glad that you are here.

Sorry bout ur cat dude!

Glad to hear that you are able to handle situations more effectively now:)

That doesnt stop me from defeating you in 4 inarow:p

BTW

I haz cheezburgerz! U want Cheezburgerz?

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwh thats so sweet. We love you too nevermore
hugs!

I can remember reading about that window. I thought at the time, "fresia me, that would be to tempting for me after I got drunk" Well-That's what I thought at the time but am pretty sure that's not what my reply to you would had been. Funny how I can remember that post and what I thought of it but not my reply. Did I even make a reply in that thread?

Am glad its all coming together for you. It dose get better I think. we just don't see the small changers that happen everyday.

But ye if I think back to some of my earlier posts. God I am so glad I don't get as down as that and as often as that anymore.

:) Never. Your presence in this community enriches it, and you are a genuinely great guy.

Ps.
Steel wantz cheezburgerz (D)

awww thanks you guys, after reading all that I feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside

evanescencefan91 said:
ya thats good to hear you're doing better nevermore.
I joined here about a year ago as well, it was sometime in november. i was a mess, still am, but i'm going about it a little more noncholalnelty.

This place has really helped me as well. Just a place that gives me something to just having something to read and write about, really helps the long nights go by faster.

everyone here is pretty rad especially you nevermore. You're a pretty cool guy

cheers for a new years

:)

Your also very rad as well ef:cool:
*raises drink for the new year* (drink of green tea of course...)

Sanal said:
Sorry bout ur cat dude!

Glad to hear that you are able to handle situations more effectively now:)

That doesnt stop me from defeating you in 4 inarow:p

BTW

I haz cheezburgerz! U want Cheezburgerz?

Yea we'll see about that...you just wait till I read up on connect 4 strategy *insert smirky expression here*

it has been a year and a half. i joined since 2007's cinco de mayo(05/05/2007). i remember sadly that because 05/05/2006 i had a huge party at my house, like 80 person party it was crazy. then a year (05/05/2007) later i had fuckin nothing. i typed lonely into google and i found this great site.

Latest posts

Back