I'm new

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

bri

Hello everyone...
Google brought me here so I thought I'd say hi.
I'm pretty lonely right now, and looking for a friend or two I guess!  It's nice to see all the support here.

Well, here's a little bit about me and why i'm here:
I'm 20, F, university student in Ontario,Canada.  Lately i've been going through a really rough time, but I don't really know why.  In high school i had a close group of girlfriends and it was great, but we all separated for university so we've drifted apart.  I've always been really independent so I guess i let my friendships slip without realizing or minding.  But now i'm seeing how few friends i really have... I never made much of an effort to meet people here at university, and those I did meet just weren't the types I could see myself being good friends with.  I have a lot of guy friends, but being the only girl isn't fun anymore.
I have moved around a lot while at university so I guess i haven't had the chance to really get to know people.
I have a boyfriend who, especially during this rough time, is trying his best to cheer me up and be supportive, and I appreciate that very much.  (but i hardly see him when i'm away at school, and plus i feel as though he doesn't fully understand what I'm going through).  
I don't even really understand it myself, i guess.  I think I just really need some female companionship or something.   I miss it.
I'm constantly by myself, and it's taking its toll on me.  I've always been independent but this is getting to be too much.

Anyway, I know that you're all feeling lonely too, and i know it sucks.  But i guess we're all here and we can be supportive of one another, right? :)

Cheers-

Welcome to alonelylife.com, bri!

I'm in the same boat (not having many friends). I am sure that you will like the nice people that hang out here :)

Hi Bri
Welcome!
"I've always been independent but this is getting to be too much." That could be me saying that! I know how you feel.
Feel free to drop me a line anytime if you want a friend to chat to.
Oh and thanks for the belated birthday message, it was so sweet
Mandy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back