a new lonely dude

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bouncing_Soul

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I searched "lonely forums" on google and this site came up. I can surmise that I am like many people here. A lonely person seeking refuge in the bosom of what I can only surmise is a support group of people from all over.
I've always been a bit lonely and depressed for as long as I can remember. I'm a shy and reserved guy but that doesn't mean I can't have fun.
I recently came back home from a trip I took with two of my best friends. They stayed behind while I went home, unable to find work... I meet a girl there who I honestly believe was a gift from God. Unfortunately she comes from another part of the country (quebec) and had to return home to her life. Even though I really loved her I am most depressed because I have much difficulty finding gf's because of my shyness and lack of confidence and I don't believe I will get another gift like that ever again. I also find it hard to meet friends let alone a girlfriend.
The two friends I left behind were also my two best drinking buddies. I'm an alcoholic and I have been so for about 4 years now. I'm 23 and started drinking on a consistant basis since I was 19. Even now I'm sucking back trying to drown my sorrows or feed my depression as I heard someone say on this site. I go to bars alone and drink with the older crowd and I feel like even more of a lush.. This isn't something I share with people but since this an anonymous site I think this might help maybe..

hey bouncing soul welcome to the forum.

I'm sure you'll be able to find a good gf you sound like a nice guy, and don't worry you're still young you've got time

:D

Hi welcome

Just keep reaching out...
I don't drink today becuase life on life's term had gotten me kind of depressed.
I know alcohol and hanging out in bars will numb my pains for a little while.
Alcohol is a depressent....I belive it will make me more depressed than it has to be.

As a matter of fact drugs and alcohol stopped working for me. My body can't process
alcohol very well to begin with. Drinking and using didn't solved any of my problems
nor made my life any better. i just didn't want to deal with all the business of living.
I ran as far as i could...but I couldn't hide from my own shadow.

I don't know....I got sick and tired of being sick and tired. I just couldn't live
like that anymore. Yeah....pretty much @ 22-23 of age. I had to drive 1600 miles
just to get away from my ex-wf. Losing her really messed me up...
i didn't really understand alocholism at that piont.
I remember many times she asked me to seek help and pretty much did an
intervention on me...But i thought i was too smart, had too much self desciplin and will power.
I'd get sober for a couple of months on my own but always relaps and started drinking again.
Knowing what i know about alcoholism...I would had stopped and enter a treatment center
the first time she asked me.

I started reaching out for help and there were plenty of people that was willing to
guide me. People that gone through some of the things I've gone through and I
found a way out.

anyway..i hope you find your way.

Be well.

Hi Bouncing_Soul and welcome here.

I agree alcohol is a depressant. If your feeling down its going to make you feel even moor down. Well-am guessing you know this better then me. There are ppl here that know much moor about this then me. Lonesome Crow for starters and I know of others that have been here as well that have been in the same vote as yourself.

I like alcohol too, but I never became an alcoholic, why is that?

I might get drunk twice a month and when I do its always to enhance a fun experience, either socially or a good lineup of entertainment at home.

My dad was an alcoholic and drank all the time. I think when you do something too much it loses its potency and just messes you up.

On the other hand I find food to be very addictive. I guess one addiction is as good as another. Food could be replaced with smoking, and so on until we have one big circle of addictions.

We'll call it wheel of misfortune...

Thanks so much everyone. Just seeing that there are people who seem to genuinely care about a stranger like me gives me faith. I don't want to stop drinking because I know then that I have just lost the battle. I just want to be able to control it and I don't think I have become that addicted to it. I just need lots of will power and friends.

Latest posts

Back