Changing perspectives

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antihero

Reaction score
I have a simple question for you all. How does one change their outlook and core attitudes from negativity to something more positive?

I've noticed that most of my thoughts for a good while now, and a good deal of my postings here, are more on the negative side. The thing is though I can not really seem to find anything to look upon as positive without feeling like I am kidding myself. I can not seem to break this status quo.

I'm not entirely sure what to say.
I guess my approach is to keep learning and wondering about things.
If you approach each day as though it were and adventure (and if it's not then make it one) it makes it easier to stay possitive.
Noticing the little things helps too I guess.

Really just take it easy. It's all good.

Antihero said:
I have a simple question for you all. How does one change their outlook and core attitudes from negativity to something more positive?

I've noticed that most of my thoughts for a good while now, and a good deal of my postings here, are more on the negative side. The thing is though I can not really seem to find anything to look upon as positive without feeling like I am kidding myself. I can not seem to break this status quo.

First of all, I think it's great that you can look at yourself and see something you want to change. You have accomplished the first step. You recognize something in your life that isn't serving you any longer.

Second, know that it is a process. You have gotten into a habit of being negative and habits take time to break. You may go a whole day mostly positive and then suddenly find yourself being negative again. It is ok :) Just notice it and then let it go. Whatever you do, don't beat yourself up or tell yourself you can't do it.

Qui points out a great point. As silly as it may sound, it really helps to be greatful for the small things. Start out with them and then you will begin to see more things to be greatful for. Now that doesn't mean you life is gonna end up all roses. Trust me, sometimes a day will go wrong and you'll be glad when it's time to go to sleep. It's life.
A gratitude list is good. Even if it's a few things everyday like, I am greatful for hot water to shower in. You can look at how your life would be if you had to take cold showers in the winter. How much would that suck? Certain places in the world you would be in that situation....lol I guess not taking things for granted is a good step too.

I hope this is helped a little. While you may learn to become more greatful and positive and it will make a great difference in your life, know that it is ok to feel negative sometimes because you are human and we all do that.

Good luck :)

Unacceptance said:
The negatives ARE the positives. The positives are lies.

Don't believe him! He is an evil under Lord recruiting people over to the dark side! I know! I saw him offering cookies to those who would cross over and take the pledge...lol I stole one of his cookies and ran like hell! Haa haa, he never caught me! Suckaaaaaaaaa! Cookie was pretty good too. Wonder what he puts in them?

Naleena said:
Unacceptance said:

Don't believe him! He is an evil under Lord recruiting people over to the dark side! I know! I saw him offering cookies to those who would cross over and take the pledge...lol I stole one of his cookies and ran like hell! Haa haa, he never caught me! Suckaaaaaaaaa! Cookie was pretty good too. Wonder what he puts in them?

By doing a bad act, you have become bad. Mission accomplished.

Unacceptance said:
Naleena said:
Unacceptance said:

**Naleena waves fists in air**
**** you, sneaky under Lord and **** those delicious cookies!

Unacceptance said:

Both the negatives and the positives are lies.

By doing an act, you have become human. Mission accomplished.

Is my mercy misplaced or is existence basically humble and loving?

Naleena said:
Unacceptance said:
Naleena said:
Unacceptance said:

**Naleena waves fists in air**
**** you, sneaky under Lord and **** those delicious cookies!

They are so delicious because they are loaded with an extremely addictive drug, congrats.

Catharsis said:
Unacceptance said:

And humans are inherently bad. Therefore, the bad is truth, truth is good. Positivity is a scam.

The key word is FEELING Anti.

ATTITUDE.

You're getting into aspects of self actualizations, the higher self , super concious...ect
People use different terms to dicribe almost the samething...do not get cuaght up or hung up
on words.

It takes practice and dicipline. As a musicain...you experinced..discipline and practice.
You also experinced...you loose it if you don't use it...as a musician.
Just as a wieght lifter continue to excercise.
Now just apply that same concept to being positive.

If you look at Nalee's thread about gratitude. It's a process of being positive.
It takes practice. You can view the world as empty and shitty or change your
attitude percipective to the glass is full. Refocus...change perspective, change your attitude.

Anyway, as a childred we were programmed with sets of parameters as what is good and what is bad.
We get nerrish accordlingly to the morals or value that our parents passed on to us, from whatever
culture we where raised in. Sometimes love or food gets with held from us..or sometimes we are
rewarded with love and food.....or stuff.lol

Surely...the terriest that flew into the twin towers didn't think they we're commiting a sin or doing
something bad. They thought thier actions were divined. That's thier perspective.

Anyway...i ran acorss this recently.

GUILT or Self discipline. There's is a slight difference.
Sometimes ..depends how we were raised or programmed...we're motivated to act or not act
via guilt or fear. Guilt triggers emotions or feelings.

Self disciplin however requires us as indiviual at the cord.
We must discipline our minds, be assertive, be direct with it.
Simply just tell it to stop and command it...it's that simple.
The more we practice doing it ..the better we get.

Or you can read the bible and do what Juses said...Juses showed us the way.
He bacially made direct commands..."stop, i command ya"

It'll be like going against the grain if you had a negative out look on life...so it's not
going to FEEL comfortable...your mind will want to revert back into being negative.
As unheatly as it is....our brain wired it self a certain and release indorphines accordingly...

But just keep on trying and practice, practice, practice to break the habit.
The first 30 days will be a challenge.

Love yourself at the cord. Be gentle and take care of yourself in this process.
Ignore those that tries to discourage you. You are FREE. You have a chioce. Make this
chioce one moment at a time. Oneday at a time.
You don't need approval from anyone.
And stop beating up on yourself.

Unacceptance said:
Catharsis said:

And humans are inherently bad. Therefore, the bad is truth, truth is good. Positivity is a scam.

Is that so? You're saying that an imperfect universe made us imperfect?

If there is any evil, then all is evil, and all shall be evil...

Lonesome Crow said:
The key word is FEELING Anti.

ATTITUDE.

You're getting into aspects of self actualizations, the higher self , super concious...ect
People use different terms to dicribe almost the samething...do not get cuaght up or hung up
on words.

It takes practice and dicipline. As a musicain...you experinced..discipline and practice.
You also experinced...you loose it if you don't use it...as a musician.
Just as a wieght lifter continue to excercise.
Now just apply that same concept to being positive.

If you look at Nalee's thread about gratitude. It's a process of being positive.
It takes practice. You can view the world as empty and shitty or change your
attitude percipective to the glass is full. Refocus...change perspective, change your attitude.

Anyway, as a childred we were programmed with sets of parameters as what is good and what is bad.
We get nerrish accordlingly to the morals or value that our parents passed on to us, from whatever
culture we where raised in. Sometimes love or food gets with held from us..or sometimes we are
rewarded with love and food.....or stuff.lol

Surely...the terriest that flew into the twin towers didn't think they we're commiting a sin or doing
something bad. They thought thier actions were divined. That's thier perspective.

Anyway...i ran acorss this recently.

GUILT or Self discipline. There's is a slight difference.
Sometimes ..depends how we were raised or programmed...we're motivated to act or not act
via guilt or fear. Guilt triggers emotions or feelings.

Self disciplin however requires us as indiviual at the cord.
We must discipline our minds, be assertive, be direct with it.
Simply just tell it to stop and command it...it's that simple.
The more we practice doing it ..the better we get.

Or you can read the bible and do what Juses said...Juses showed us the way.
He bacially made direct commands..."stop, i command ya"

It'll be like going against the grain if you had a negative out look on life...so it's not
going to FEEL comfortable...your mind will want to revert back into being negative.
As unheatly as it is....our brain wired it self a certain and release indorphines accordingly...

But just keep on trying and practice, practice, practice to break the habit.
The first 30 days will be a challenge.

Love yourself at the cord. Be gentle and take care of yourself in this process.
Ignore those that tries to discourage you. You are FREE. You have a chioce. Make this
chioce one moment at a time. Oneday at a time.
You don't need approval from anyone.
And stop beating up on yourself.

Sounds like Maslow's hierarchy of needs.-Self actualisation

Negative to positive?Intention and perception.

Catharsis said:
Unacceptance said:
Catharsis said:

Is that so? You're saying that an imperfect universe made us imperfect?

If there is any evil, then all is evil, and all shall be evil...

If there is any good,then all is good,and all shall be good...

Latest posts

Back