Quick Confidence - Easy, Fast Self-Esteem Boosters

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naleena

Reaction score
Quick Confidence - Easy, Fast Self-Esteem Boosters

A few simple ways to speedily boost your confidence.

We all have confidence issues every now and then. Sometimes we need a little pick-me-up, and I'm not talking about a cup of coffee. Confidence is key to better performance in all areas of our lives. From working to parenting to playing croquet, a little confidence goes a long way. If we know we will succeed, the chances of success are far greater.

So, need a quick boost to your self-esteem? Try a few of these tips on for size!

Positive Affirmations

Repeating positive phrases such as, "I am successful," or "I will do well on this test," can make a huge difference in a person's self-esteem. It might not seem like much, but the more you repeat these positive phrases the more likely you are to start believing them.

Think About Accomplishments

Think about all that you've done in your life. They need not be major things, either. List all of the things you've done that you're proud of, like getting an A in a difficult class or being complimented by your boss at work, and meditate on those for awhile. Remember how good it felt at the time and how powerful you began to feel. If you think about these things that make you proud, your pride will translate into additional confidence in whatever you're doing now.

Ask for Reassurance

Sometimes we need a little boost from another. Ask someone close to you for some reassurance sometime. I find myself calling my mom or talking to my boyfriend when I'm feeling down on myself and they always have something positive to say to cheer me up. Those kind, encouraging words can make all the difference in my day. Don't be afraid to go to your loved ones when you need a little help!

Smile!

Smiling in itself might not seem like much, but the act of smiling can create a smile in one's heart and mind, too. The action is registered in the brain as one of happiness, and thus, you begin to feel happier when you smile. Give it a try! Smile a little and you'll find your spirits boosting. If you're happier, you'll in turn become more confident.

Build Mastery

Building mastery, or doing something every day that makes you feel accomplished, is one of the best confidence boosters around. Whether it's something as small as completing the crossword puzzle in the Sunday news or finishing your laundry, these things can build confidence because you know that you did it. You accomplished it and nobody can take that away from you. If you can accomplish something as small as doing laundry, then why can't you accomplish anything else? Always keep that in mind!

You don't need to read some book or go to a lecture to learn to be more confident. Taking little steps each day will help you to build the confidence you need to accomplish your goals and to bring you closer to your dreams!

By Janna Seliger
Published: 12/10/2007

Buzzle.com

Latest posts

Back