Hypothetical Super-Situation

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unacceptance

Reaction score
Thinkg of a super power you would like to have.....
Thought of it?
Good, now stick with it
You are a super hero, at the current moment there is a building on fire where a screaming mother is holding a baby out of a 5th window. Also, a bus has tipped over, trapping the driver underneath, you hear him screaming for help across the street. Down the block, the police are surrounding a bank which is in the process of being robbed, unfortunately they all seem to be improperly equipped to deal with the laser fire coming from inside. Your nefarious arch villain has just broadcast that there is a bomb somewhere inside the city that is counting down and can destroy a major portion of said city. To top things off the floating doom fortress is floating above the city, ready to drop nasty things down onto it.

Now, being honest, please tell us all what your power is, what you plan on doing to help solve this situation (You may not be able to do it all, which ones would take priority if not?), and what your catchphrase is when all is said and done.

This is an exercise in creativity, so show off your imagination or writing skills a little.

Unacceptance said:
This is an exercise in creativity, so show off your imagination or writing skills a little.

The simplest answer and the one that would make the most sense to me, would be to possess the ability to split one's self into separate "heros" via some bizarre gamma ray induced form of mitosis.

I could then save the baby and mother, the bus driver, help the police, stop the bomb and the fortess all at once and still be home in time for corn flakes.

My catchphrase would be "TIME FOR CORNFLAKES!"...

That was a fun message to reply to. Thanks for that...

Well it's no fun if you edit your message to rend my reply obsolete...

lol... :D

Satyr said:
Well it's no fun if you edit your message to rend my reply obsolete...

lol... :D

Well I just didn't want everyone agreeing with you for finding a faux solution. Plus since your power is to make multiples of yourself, it's more probable all of your multiples fail and/or get beat up since you lack any other powers.

Unacceptance said:
Well I just didn't want everyone agreeing with you for finding a faux solution. Plus since your power is to make multiples of yourself, it's more probable all of your multiples fail and/or get beat up since you lack any other powers.

ROFLMAO! alright I'll shut up now... :D

I chose flight, before reading everything else.

My first stop would be to rescue the baby and mother, simply because with my power it's kind of routine. My next priority would be to locate the bomb; either by tracking down my arch nemesis and threatening to drop him from a great height if he didn't comply, or by aeriel search.. whichever seems the most practical. Once I have the bomb, I'd attempt to fly it up to the floating doom fortress, and plant it there instead, hopefully taking care of two problems at once.

I wouldn't have time to rescue the busdriver or police... so they would have to fend for themselves. While with more time I could possibly help, I get the feeling that fetching things would take too long... and its all about time management.

Okay think I m somebody like superman.

I will rescue the women n the kid first meanwhile I would request all police from the bank robbery site to go save the man underneath the bus coz it doesnt require special skills to save a man whos trapped underneath a bus till it catches fire.

Cops will take care of that situation and their lives are saved too from the laser beam.

Then I will go n find the bomb n place it in that floating doom fortress which will destroy it too..

Problem solved...

Edit: After all this I will go search for that bank robbers.

Sanal said:
Okay think I m somebody like superman.

I will rescue the women n the kid first meanwhile I would request all police from the bank robbery site to go save the man underneath the bus coz it doesnt require special skills to save a man whos trapped underneath a bus till it catches fire.

Cops will take care of that situation and their lives are saved too from the laser beam.

Then I will go n find the bomb n place it in that floating doom fortress which will destroy it too..

Problem solved...

How?

And your one power is to be like Superman? Or what?

Also, what is your catchphrase?

I would be a strong dude who can fly real fast

aint the problem solved then?

Catchphrase hmmmm..

howbout the one from my signature

"I m very punctual{ means i punch at every one who messes around too much}"

Sanal said:
I would be a strong dude who can fly real fast

aint the problem solved then?

Catchphrase hmmmm..

howbout the one from my signature

"I m very punctual{ means i punch at every one who messes around too much}"

*sigh*

Ok.

OK, the power I thought of was to basically be able to create a never-ending supply of energy within myself, so essentially I had incredible tenacity and resilience. Because of this, I never need sleep, and can exercise more than any normal human resulting in massive muscles. I can also sprint for as long as I want.

Donning my awesome "Reusable Energy Man" suit (I think my script writer may have put a political message in there somewhere) I exclaim, "great labradors of Satan! My superpowers are completely useless in every one of these situations!"

Taking out my mobile phone, I quickly film myself switching my allegiance to the floating doom fortress, and post a viral video on Youtube.

While I am doing this, I am energetically running around shops finding soft objects which I pile outside the building. The super-villain, who has seen my viral video, demands to know what is going on. I tell him that the fortress has made him obsolete, at which point he offers to join forces with me (as baddies often do against greater threats).

The baby lands on the mattress, but the mother unfortunately misjudges her leap and lands on the pavement - nevertheless, this is her own fault, and you can't win 'em all.

Running past the driver, I tell him that in ten minutes we're all messed anyway, at which he becomes contemplative. Sending the police off down the road to help the driver, I arrive outside the bank. Inside, the laser fire is intense. Entering the bank, I use some of my obscure knowledge gained through never having slept to over-ride the bank security system. The villains who are not trapped inside rush for the exit, blazing away. Knowing that this works in cartoons, I take a pocket mirror from my pocket and use it to deflect the lasers back at them, then running at them I repetitively trade punches with them until they are tired.

The doom fortress opens and a Vader-esque figure appears, perplexed by my Youtube message. Possibly this is because of me being dressed in a woman's costume, dancing to "Paper Planes". At this point, the archvillain appears with his gadgetry. The aliens, shouting "trickery!" take flight, but I tenaciously cling to the back of their spacecraft, using up energy instead of oxygen. Meanwhile, I wiki their species to find out their weak points, ans when they land on the Mothership make my way to the place where the self-destrcut button is, a la Moonraker, sprinting against the ticking clock.

The aliens abandon ship, but I use their weaponry to target and take out the archvillain. Unfortunately I die in the explosion, but the city is safe, all except the woman. As she *held her baby out of the window* and missed my mattress arrangement, she probably wasn't that smart, and as Superman once told me, there's only so much you can do.

*phew*

It's lucky that I wasn't the invisible man, which was my initial choice ...

Latest posts

Back