prop 8 is unconstitution and makes me ashamed to be an american

• Thread starter evanescencefan91
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

evanescencefan91

(a bit of a rant forgive me)

What is more sacred in marriage the gender or the love. Is that what keeps it holy a man and a woman that may not even love one another?

And please stop giving me all the same arguments, it is natural. There are animals in nature that are homosexual. And people can’t chose to be straight gay or bi, so much as you can’t chose to be male or female. Do you think that if they had a real choice, do you think people would chose to be gay? Do you think people chose to be something that alienates them society and looked down upon? Don’t say because it’s in the bible this is America not a theocracy!! Don’t talk about the bible! The bible has no power and no place in government! 1st amendment protects the right of freedom so even if it is satanic to be gay, it doesn’t ******* matter, because the bill of rights protects the practices of all religions including Wicca and Satanism. So stop putting religion into this. The bible also says it’s a sin to eat animals with hooves such as pigs so unless you’ve never eaten red meat don’t act like you’re so pure

Stop putting your morals into this. Don’t put your ten commandments into this. Can you think for yourself or do you need the media and the pope to give you your sets of values?
You know what it means to be a good person; a good person is someone who helps people. I truly believe ( the irony of me stating something I believe in here, forgive me) That the principle of right and wrong is does it help or hurt someone? Be kind and understanding, treat others as you wish to be treated. How would you like if you couldn’t marry the one you love, how would you feel if when you tried top get married and the gays all banned together stood outside you window saying your going to go to hell and calling you a fag?

Who does it hurt when two people love regardless of gender, it does not hurt me, it does not hurt the priest, it does not hurt the couple, and it does not hurt the rednecks in Kentucky. People don't die at the tip of a hat because two guys got married. Your life will not be changed by this and neither will your afterlife.

Shouldn't God be more concerned about murders and rapist? If your God is a God that damns people for loving each other. If God is willing to destroy a society and burn down villages, of gays and gay tolerant people, just because they give into human emotion and need. You need to really look deep inside yourself and ask is this truly a God that I should be worshiping. A God that would **** someone for something they can't even control, I don't think that is God that is deserving of your love or devotion.

This is America God shouldn't even be in this issue. Separation of church and state. Freedom of religion.

It’s sick that we call ourselves the land of the free, when people are stripped of their right to love someone.

If you are an extreme conservative I don’t hate you, live your life and praise your lord. But stop getting into others people’s business stop hating people and harassing people for something they cannot change. If you are so truly messed up that you are going to prevent gays from the same benefits that straight couples receive. You should be ashamed to call yourself an American, you don’t even deserve to be in America. If you are so ******* obsessed with your god damned old fashion values then go away out into the middle of nowhere and join an Amish commune. Where you can have your good old 16th century set of values. And leave the rest of us alone!

Gah!

I can't tell you how pissed off I am at 52% of my state right now!

Love is love. I personally think if it does no one any harm, then why keep people from sharing the same rights as others? Ugh.

State-authorized marriage is a holdover from the days after the civil war.
It was used to deny former slaves the right to marriage.

Like many state functions, it's originins are based on discriminition.
Point being...
Marriage is a wedding of the mind and soul. Just because the state doesn't recognize it doesn't make it any less powerful. Marriage never should have had anything to do with legality in the first place.

I'm not even sure why whether someone is gay or not is an issue in modern society. Unless I'm directly involved, it just has no bearing on anyone else's life whatsoever. Just give them the tax break already. Geez.

i wish they would take out the old testament (jewish) from bibles, jesus didnt say you cant be gay. The new testament (christian) is what you should be looking at. If he did say that i wouldnt be christian, everyone is equal Including gay people

Yeah I agree, I don't know how the government can deny people who are gay from being married honestly what is the problem in this, there's nothing wrong in it. At least they can have a civil wedding in California which is great in my opinion. But you never know maybe 20 years from now this will be made law, so keep hoping.

samba101 said:
Yeah I agree, I don't know how the government can deny people who are gay from being married honestly what is the problem in this, there's nothing wrong in it. At least they can have a civil wedding in California which is great in my opinion. But you never know maybe 20 years from now this will be made law, so keep hoping.

Thats right, blame the government not god.

well of course....it's all about Moolaaaaaaaaa.

Filing Taxes single...really, really sucks ass..wheather you're gay or not.

Welcome to Obamamination....california is a democrate state.

Write your congressman or women...they made up the laws.
Nancy Palocy...me thing...lowering the taxes and health care for everyone.... Errr ?!?

Well said Evanescence.

Predjudice is simply predjudice, however you dress it up. Obviously, a homosexual couple can enjoy a close and loving relationship every bit as stong as a heterosexual one.

I support gay rights, in fact support allot of things from things like pro-choice to even "nambla" only because it is something uniquely American and the reason why my father and my father's father came to this country for, "to have a say in the world".

That being said i can however understand why 53% of california said they dont want gays getting married and amended gay rights. People dont like change and i really think equal gay rights is too soon and too fast. We've only gotten past the civil rights movement 60 years ago and our country is still digesting it even after Obama.

I think those who are pissed that prop 8 passed should take a step back and realize this is how representative democracy works, the people of california have spoken and they have decided not to take the lead in gay marriage. Give it another decade and im sure gays will get their marriage rights and then some.

That really did surprise me that that proposition passed...I thought california of all places would have rejected a constitutional amendment to oppose gay marriage:(. Makes me wonder how it passed.....

It is sort of ironic that it is being said that the increased African American turnout due to Obama is what may have put the yes vote over the top. It also shows the true ineptitude of the Republican party. Minorities, like whites, are as a whole religious ,socially conservative and believe homosexuality is an abomination unto the lord, but the Republicans have for so long alienated them. If rural whites, especially farmers, are any indication, it is that as a whole Americans vote with thier passions and morals in mind and not what is actually in their better interests and liberty.

It is also ironic that among the population against gay marriage the divorce rate is over 50 percent. Therefore, if they truly believed in the so called sanctity of marriage, should they not concern themselves more with outlawing divorce?

The whole anti gay marriage movement is in my eyes nothing less than plain discrimination.

We have not seen the last of this issue, especially in California!

things always change over time , sometimes its slow and takes forever but in the end it does change

Maybe I should start an underground railroad for marrying homosexuals, except it will need another similar name, like underwater alternate lifestyle cruise...

In a way banning gay marriage is infringing on religious freedom! What if a church wants to marry a gay couple (some do)? The government would be prohibiting a peaceful religious practice.

I dont think all of you understand : /

Ok most of the people on these forums are liberal in terms of their views towards gays and think banning gay marriages is something "un-american" (in terms of american founding principles) but you guys have to understand that our country is a representative democracy and is working exactly the way it should, and the way it was intended. The banning of gay marriages, as much of a failure you see it as America is, honestly as "American" as you can get.

The majority (i know i know.. only 53%) said no to gay marriages and we will not have gay marriages. And hey, as "mad" as people are, this was california's move and their decision, the other 47 states (except mass. and south dakota?) dont have the balls to put it on a vote. I know Washington State said no to gays last year and i thought we were an accepting kinda people...

I guess the majority of the country is simply not comfortable and accepting of gays... yet

I agree that most Americans are not ready to accept the common humanity between themselves and homosexuals, I was just hoping to point some hypocrisy in their arguments as well as some other political nuance.

I guess the saying goes, the wants of the many outweigh the needs of a few.

For a long time it was the will of the American people that slavery remain legal. Two very different issues, I know.

Oh, and for what it is worth I foresee no problems for a gay marriage ban passing in South Dakota.

thanks for all the pesonses guys and evil oreo you have a good point.

But the problem is being homosexual is not mainstream problem and i do not think that the fates of the few should be decided by the majority. But democracy can only go so far and i do not think we should revolt and start a monarchy or something. But when california banned gay marrrage it made me very unhappy about the state of America, i was hopping that as time progressed and as our general knowledge of the world increased that we would be moving forward and people having gay marrage wouldn't be such a big deal. But i feels like we're going backwards to a more conservtive America with segragation and only suffrage for men.

Latest posts

Back