Us and Them

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phaedron

Reaction score
I feel as though I've come to an understanding about myself and the world.

For one thing I only relate to loners and dysfunctional people who have lived lives of tragedy, but I find them to be more capable of all the good qualities I seek then the happy go lucky person who never had any trials to overcome. Maybe its because hardships make us question ourselves and that is what needs to be done.

When i talk to the trees
O'great trees who have learned to speak slowly
I know that they believe that they have an answer
Then i walk in the city where i cannot hear it

When i talk to the city
...I have already learned three answers
Before i call the question
...And slowly, i wish myself among the trees
But cannot hear myself wishing

When i talk to the people
Who are the trees that grow in the city
...They reply with a fond kindness, slowly
But there is no answer
...For experience to be made by mistake

To me being true to yourself is knowing the difference between possible truth and definite truth. The mainstream religions of the world are possible truth, and should not be taken too seriously. The occult and practices derived from nature produce tangible results and bring us closer to ourselves. Its one of lifes little mysteries why the former is accepted the latter looked down upon. All are fascinating to explore, but it is folly to limit oneself.

To me the world is a place where sculptors design beautiful statues, but good painters are nowhere to be found. So many of the statues are blank or just smattered together with random colors. Where is the sense of art and poetry that is missing from our lives?

There comes a point where you just wake up from chasing these illusions and see a humble, fun, free, loving person beneath the shackles of the falsehoods that enslave us. At that point fighting anyone over them no longer has the slightest appeal.

I believe a difficult life can make someone a better person, but only if they are capable of moving on from it. It doesn't render someone incapable of being happy-go-lucky either.

As for loners, I believe many people who consider themselves thus aren't in fact true loners, but feel forced into such an existence.

I don't necessarily believe that either type of person will necessarily have better qualities than anyone else. We all have choices: its how we make those choices who define who we are.

Actually I find myself here: word for word... consider very carefully.

The characteristics of the neuroelectric circuit are high velocity, multiple choice, relativity, and the fission-fusion of all perceptions into parallel science-fiction universes of alternate possibilities.

The mammalian politics which monitor power struggles among terrestrial humanity are here transcended, i.e., seen as static, artificial, an elaborate charade. One is neither coercively manipulated into another's territorial reality nor forced to struggle against it with reciprocal emotional game-playing (the usual soap-opera dramatics). One simply elects, consciously, whether or not to share the other's reality-model.

I think in life people just want to fit in into certain groups then make themselves feel special about themselves. We have myspace and facebook, all of which are the same but differ only slightly by the personal touch of whoever created it. Those people there have there own little groups and feel complete in their lives.

As for those here, who are loners, dyfuntional, social anxieit-(ist?), etc. etc. I think we're all searching for some group to fit in as well. I would not say we were forced into such an existance like steel said but rather we've never really found out place yet. Like a beautiful statue left unpainted we're still trying to figure out what to do with it

Leary had some interesting theories, yet I personally don't believe that there are any transcendental truths to be contained within the taking of LSD, or indeed any other psychotropic drugs.

Whether we all inhabit the same universe is a mute point - certainly no one sees the universe through the same pair of eyes as another. Each of us has a personal opionion of how the universe works, which, while largely containing common foundations, will also have bricks taken from a variety of sources.

Latest posts

Back