My two big days

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Van Hooligan X

Reaction score
On your laptop/computer screen apparently.
I'm current on the BTEC national diploma in sports at my college.
I'm finding the course quite easy but now i'm in front of the worst 2 monhts it can bring, sports coaching.

See i'm useless at this subject, and i don't like to be presenting or the coach. but on this tuesday i will have to give a presentation which i am dreading. Any tips of how i can calm down because i'm probably 1 of the worst people to calm down.

I also have to do a 35 minute badminton coaching session on the 9th of Dec. I'd love tips of how not to mess up in this 35 minutes.

Sorry i don't mean to be a person you need to help on the 2nd post of me being on this forum it's just i'd like some help.

Thank you for reading.

Well, I can't really offer much advice on this for you, but I will say "Good luck, I know you'll do great!".

I heard that it helps if you imagine that everyone is naked :/

Unfocus your eyes, practice beforehand so that it becomes instinctive and you don't stumble over words, and remember that people aren't there to see you fail, they are there because they expect you to do a good job, so they are basically rooting for you, they want you to do as good as you want to do.

I'm a huge introvert, but I had a blast in my public speaking class, and basically in all the presentations I've ever had to do in front of a group of people. Take it in a lighthearted manner, goof off a little, people like to be engaged. I faced a huge fear the day I spoke at my best friend's funeral a few years ago, I was literally quivering in front of a room full of crying strangers. What you're doing doesn't sound half as frightening, have fun with it.

Basically though, you won't calm down until you are into the swing of things, a little bit into the presentation itself. That's why practice is important, even if your mind wanders, your mouth and body know what to say. You don't need to have eye contact if you stare at a forehead, also make sure you get gestures down. Be aware of what your hands are doing, practice a few times until you can visualize what you will look like during the presentation and can follow it cohesively.

Remember, you are grown and perfectly capable, being discouraged about something you can't get killed over is pointless.

Unacceptance said:
Unfocus your eyes, practice beforehand so that it becomes instinctive and you don't stumble over words, and remember that people aren't there to see you fail, they are there because they expect you to do a good job, so they are basically rooting for you, they want you to do as good as you want to do.

I'm a huge introvert, but I had a blast in my public speaking class, and basically in all the presentations I've ever had to do in front of a group of people. Take it in a lighthearted manner, goof off a little, people like to be engaged. I faced a huge fear the day I spoke at my best friend's funeral a few years ago, I was literally quivering in front of a room full of crying strangers. What you're doing doesn't sound half as frightening, have fun with it.

Basically though, you won't calm down until you are into the swing of things, a little bit into the presentation itself. That's why practice is important, even if your mind wanders, your mouth and body know what to say. You don't need to have eye contact if you stare at a forehead, also make sure you get gestures down. Be aware of what your hands are doing, practice a few times until you can visualize what you will look like during the presentation and can follow it cohesively.

Remember, you are grown and perfectly capable, being discouraged about something you can't get killed over is pointless.

Thanks man, very helpful tips that i'm going to use. I will tell you how it went so then you may recieve the biggest spam post of just 'thank you' lol.

Van Hooligan said:
Unacceptance said:

Thanks man, very helpful tips that i'm going to use. I will tell you how it went so then you may recieve the biggest spam post of just 'thank you' lol.

Heh, no problem. As shy as I am, public speaking has never been an issue for me.

Communicate loud and clear.

Keep eye contact with the crowd.

Dun be nervous.Talk to them like you would to a friend.

Dun read from the slides.Try to explain your points made in the presentation to impress.

Van Hooligan said:
Well, thank you buddy. you helped me pretty much threw it lol. I used most of your tips and it really helped.

I owe you one. :)

^_^

Woot!~

Latest posts

Back